sr360

sr360's Non-potato games

On 4/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, sr360 said:

How to blend T-54 eras...

Would you have played a solo LT (say a Ru251) this way on Fjords too?

A common solo pattern on maps like Fjords, Mines, abbey is a pathological aversion to competing early key zones (dip/ctr in Fjords, hill on mines, etc) that risk an early 0 damage derp out. Then I just fight for chip spotting and damage on the periphery for the rest of the game. Pubby LT opponents = zero problem yolo-ing those zones. Me, nossomuch.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, sr360 said:

How to blend T-54 eras...

Also- I have to call out that brawl skill on the k-91 for the kids:

You drew the K-91 between you and their char, put your ass to the hill so you couldn't get shot from behind by the prog, then chased into the wreck to cover your side from the char again. Textbook play from a tank designed for that kind of wetwork and you barely got scraped from it all. Yeah you got stunned to 50 IQ by arty the whole time, but super clean play. 

5 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Would you have played a solo LT (say a Ru251) this way on Fjords too?

A common solo pattern on maps like Fjords, Mines, abbey is a pathological aversion to competing early key zones (dip/ctr in Fjords, hill on mines, etc) that risk an early 0 damage derp out. Then I just fight for chip spotting and damage on the periphery for the rest of the game. Pubby LT opponents = zero problem yolo-ing those zones. Me, nossomuch.

Solo? Probably not. The thing about playing MTs as LTs is that if yolo'd, you can actually fight back. If lit, you can bounce a hit or two with your armor and you have a real gun. Yeah, sure, you've sacrificed your DPM for camo, but even then it isn't bad firepower.

5 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Also- I have to call out that brawl skill on the k-91 for the kids:

You drew the K-91 between you and their char, put your ass to the hill so you couldn't get shot from behind by the prog, then chased into the wreck to cover your side from the char again. Textbook play from a tank designed for that kind of wetwork and you barely got scraped from it all. Yeah you got stunned to 50 IQ by arty the whole time, but super clean play. 

To be fair, I wasn't thinking about the Prog, more about facehugging to draw bounces from the K-91 and preventing a clean shot from the Char. It was mostly instinct at that point!

Still think you're a madlad for making the Patton work. 

Hey, would you and @CraBeatOffcheck this replay out? Like 3.8k combined on Sand River. BT IX. Full vision kit HWK. 

Like things went OK - but feel like this replay will tell me why I'm stuck at 90-93 on my 3rd mark. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6242303#sand_river-expendablelad-hwk_30

yeah m46 vr actually gets stuff done in tier 9 max battles so an optic loadout for those situations is probably the only other loadout besides full gun spec that may come in useful so i think it's a good second loadout if you're going to carry one, sacking the rammer for it always makes me yikes a bit but i think it's the least useful equipment piece for a VR/snap patton (like it used to play before 357). im not sure what the rld ends up being but i'm guessing you can keep it at 8s?

LeCU62C.png?1

im guessing if you're all in on the m46 this is how i would do it, more mobile good vr without nerfing concealment for the vision stuff (can get it 500 otherwise iirc)

i can't stand playing something with poor enough pen to not be able to deal damage even when playing a situation out right so i'd be inclined to use this setup as much as possible for vision maps and tier 9mm to make it a bit more playable (movement feels much less clunky unless driving backwards) and maybe it can compensate for having to deal with chieftains and sconqs on a corridor map in enough games

2 hours ago, kolni said:

yeah m46 vr actually gets stuff done in tier 9 max battles so an optic loadout for those situations is probably the only other loadout besides full gun spec that may come in useful so i think it's a good second loadout if you're going to carry one, sacking the rammer for it always makes me yikes a bit but i think it's the least useful equipment piece for a VR/snap patton (like it used to play before 357). im not sure what the rld ends up being but i'm guessing you can keep it at 8s?

im guessing if you're all in on the m46 this is how i would do it, more mobile good vr without nerfing concealment for the vision stuff (can get it 500 otherwise iirc)

i can't stand playing something with poor enough pen to not be able to deal damage even when playing a situation out right so i'd be inclined to use this setup as much as possible for vision maps and tier 9mm to make it a bit more playable (movement feels much less clunky unless driving backwards) and maybe it can compensate for having to deal with chieftains and sconqs on a corridor map in enough games

With my loadouts, I'm showing 6.78s reload for 3,451 DPM and 499 VR in gun build (bIAU, bVents, bRammer), and 7.75s reload for 3,019 DPM and 557m VR in spotter build (bIAU, bVents, slotted regular optics because bOptics are on another tank).

On 5/6/2022 at 12:43 AM, sr360 said:

Second half of the game is very good decisionmaking IMO in the interest of winning but doesn't 1 line feel a bit too passive in this tank right at the start? 

1 hour ago, kolni said:

Second half of the game is very good decisionmaking IMO in the interest of winning but doesn't 1 line feel a bit too passive in this tank right at the start? 

I had a vision/camo setup on the StdB, so 1-2 line is where that package can be put to work. Going to the mid in a soft tank is less effective since I'd just be visioned by the Manti and picked off by TDs. The hill is tactically less useful since the exit can just be farmed by keeping vision on the paths across the tracks. The Manti did make life tough for us, but getting him out was the key to the map -- on NA at least there is almost always the bulk of the HP sitting 1-2. 

Do you and Crab have thoughts on when your LT is just outclassed for the vision role? 

Was on Glacier running T49 with full ninja setup. Went to the mid-eastern spot - completely outdone by enemy Manticore. Didn't even spot him, but was perma lit behind that big rock and got taken apart by his team. 

When you have a situation like that (you in T4 9 and see 60% Manticore player on enemy team) do you just load gun setup and play that way? What's the move there?

On 7/5/2022 at 7:32 AM, Expendable_Lad said:

Do you and Crab have thoughts on when your LT is just outclassed for the vision role? 

Was on Glacier running T49 with full ninja setup. Went to the mid-eastern spot - completely outdone by enemy Manticore. Didn't even spot him, but was perma lit behind that big rock and got taken apart by his team. 

When you have a situation like that (you in T4 9 and see 60% Manticore player on enemy team) do you just load gun setup and play that way? What's the move there?

That's always a tricky situation. The glib answer is to play to your strengths, not his. The longer answer is you have to wait for the enemy LT to make a mistake. You have to counterspot them when they go active, because you just can't dig a bush camping EVEN or Manti out, or you can't compete with a YOLOsurfing EBR. It's hard, and I lose some if not may of those games -- Crab is better at that than I am, to be honest.