Worstpoaster_na

What are your opinions on rerolls?

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on rerolls?

• Complete disdain, fuck rerollers
    • Meh whatever, who cares
    • Why would someone care so much to restart their progress just to impress people on the internet?
    • Different server rerolls are okay
  2. 2. Does being a reroll make their stats less important/impressive?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What is your opinion of a "fail reroll" win ratio wise

• Under 60%
    • Under 65%
    • Under 70%
    • Under 75%
    • Under 80%

No, anything that's not yellow is too much, if I were to re-roll, I would do it on my dad's account, and every time I played a tank forealz, I would go in battle afterwards with some tier 1 tanks and leave it (afk) to make sure my stats never rose above yellow. 

Then I would change my name on a regular basis and infiltrate some scrubby clan to make the illusion complete. 

I'm still jealous that your dad plays games.

Typical Asian parents don't... or maybe they are too old in terms of generation gap.

You know the backwards bending supply curve? 

My dad's basically hit it. His wages are so high right now that he can work part-time hours and still earn a six figure salary, not much need to work any more, so he spends most of the time playing games or just going out. 

Social stratification ftw, but yeah, its still hard for me to accept that we were just below the poverty line ten years ago. 

My dad spends so much time in office now. Literally glued to the chair man.

What a complete opposite life style contrasts between our dad.

About the poverty, my father and mother came from that era too. Literally living under the poverty line too until well, time changed.

Don't care whether someone rerolls or not , 

But then I am a reroll 

Only time it deserves abuse and mockery is when they deny flat out that they're a reroll.

Wouldn't imagine it matters for the top clans either they just look at specific tank performance 

Plus every single Beta player , they're rerolls doesn't matter if they claim they didn't want it , they're still rerolls 

Honestly, I would be disappointed in anyone who couldn't re-roll and achieve 80%, or at the VERY LEAST, 75%. 

=-

About re-rolling, does it always have to refer to having high stats?

I could see myself "rerolling" in another server just for the heck of it. I don't expect to see myself getting higher WRs though.

I could see myself "rerolling" in another server just for the heck of it. I don't expect to see myself getting higher WRs though.

For me "rerolling" is making a new account just to get better stats. Moving to another server is perfectly reasonable if you get bad ping.

Technically Im also a reroll, because my first account was on the NA. After a few weeks I realised all my mates were on EU and that my ping would be much better.

signature.png

The funny thing is I played A LOT of SPGs just because of the stupid tooltip in game "Artillery is the primary damage dealer of your team" or something like that.

People set exceptionally high standards on rerolls for some reason , they think just because you changed your account you must magically play better and get 2300wn7 and 75% in randoms min   o_o  

If you reroll you're just going to have overall stats that reflect your 60day wn7 you're not going to get better and you'll prob perform worse for the first 100 battles or so while training crew ect 

Technically, anyone who was a beta tester and had all their stats from the first 3k to 5k games wiped when the game launched. Could be called a re-roll. Does it really matter? Not one fucking shitty bit...

I earned my shitty stats, and now I'm busting my ass to raise them. If someone feels the need to do it the fast way...what ever...

Very much this, I find it most amusing that some of the people who've been playing since closed Beta pay out on re-rolls, I also find it amusing that I get called a re-roll.  Generally speaking they're easy to spot, especially on ASIA where every game is a sea of red and yellow with the odd purple doing his best to carry the numpties.

I don't care about rerolls.  If some people want their stats to be the biggest numbers possible no matter what, that's nice for them.

My stats show how well I have played since I started the game, including all my stock grinds, all my learning, tilt, rage, and fail.  If I can make those stats as good as possible, on those terms, that's good enough for me.

"Complete disdain, fuck rerollers" is pretty extreme, but I tend to regard re-rolls lower than a real account with a lot of battles on it. I don't think their high overall stats are as impressive as they would be if they had a lot of battles on their account.

I'm not about to chastise somebody for re-rolling because at the end of the day it doesn't make you a better or worse player, but the reason I don't like it is because most people evaluate you based on your overall stats. I imagine for a lot of players, they're fighting against a good amount of time where they played badly, so their overall stats will inevitably be lower no matter how good they are. When you're starting your win rate at your current level, of course your overall stats are going to look significantly better than if you're fighting against what used to be a 50% win rate.

This is the reason why I much prefer to look at somebody's 60 day for a quick, at a glance, evaluation on somebody skill. Overall has too many things going on in it that may or may not be relevant anymore. It's not an accurate picture of how skilled they really are, just an inaccurate average of how skilled they've been since they first started playing the game.

As to the subject of what a "fail re-roll" is. I'd say anything lower than 60%. From my perspective, saying anything lower than 70% is assuming somebody platoons often, and that's not something I do. As a (for better or worse) solopubber, I don't want to assume that everybody's win rate is a result of platooning.

I dont get rerolls at all.

losing all those great crews and starting over.

60 days stats are just made for this to cheack out how you are doing atm and compere to overall where you where at.

not to mention if you reroll and you are under 70% winrate and 2k wn7 raiting, you are just bad.

I assume most clans only give a toss about 60 day stats + availability + comms + coopertive teamplay.

But the thing is there is such a negative stigma towards rerolls that it's much harder for them to get into top clans, I remember we were talking about goons coming into Pbkac after the first campaign ended and inactive were being booted, when a reroll was mentioned, virtually everyone in the ts channel was like "PLS DON'T TAKE THE REROLL THX"

Rerolls, to me, stink of insecurity issues.  But overall, they don't affect my game enough for me to care beyond that.  Their insecurity is their problem, not mine.

Most people/clans worth a damn would judge you more by your 60 day stats (tier, WR, ect) anyway as far as I understand it.

If someone wants to play that way, why not roll sock-puppet accounts from the start?

Otherwise, not really any of my business nor concern why someone does that.

i don't care about rerolls - not like overall/60d WN7 means much of anything anyways. You can be improving and your 60d WN7 can go down. WN7 and stats are only useful when you look at it on a per-tank basis.

Recruiters in good clans pretty much just glance over at your tier 10 stats to decide whether or not to send you that platoon invite to check whether you can play. (or in some clans' case, 3-4 platoon invites over multiple days to make sure you didn't just happen to have a good/bad day).

In fact, if I were to re-roll, I would actually re-roll by taking control of a 50%er's account so that I could play without being targeted by XVM users. 

Exactly what Kewei said. I was going to comment about it in his "soft reroll thread", but didn't want to propagate the idea too much.

That's why I think there is an option missing from the poll: rerollers are a good thing.

If there is a superunicum on the opposing / my team, I want to know about it.

Don't want to get stuck in a 1 v 1 with a superhuman, or team-kill some player with red stats because he was acting weird/camping/pretending to be afk etc. while in fact he was performing some warped superunicum strategy that was going to auto-win the round for us...

Tito

Re-rolls will be mighty pissed if/when XVM switches to show 60 day stats and their re-roll becomes irrelevant.  Really though, if someone wants to re-roll, good for them. Personally, I can't imagine throwing away all the good crews for the sake of better overall stats.  And I've got some really terribad stats to carry.

Re-rolls will be mighty pissed if/when XVM switches to show 60 day stats and their re-roll becomes irrelevant.  Really though, if someone wants to re-roll, good for them. Personally, I can't imagine throwing away all the good crews for the sake of better overall stats.  And I've got some really terribad stats to carry.

Is this really going to be a thing? I know the only reason I care so much about overall is because that's the number XVM references. If that were changed to 60 day I'd care a lot less about my overall.

It honestly depends. If I'm in-game facing someone with purple / super-purple stats and low game-count, chances are they're still the most dangerous thing on the enemy team. Speaking overall though, I think that a re-roll with purple stats is less impressive than an original account with purple stats, because the player on the original account had to overcome his terribad days to get there. It's like an honor sort of thing.

That said, looking at their profile is the best way to judge. Do they exclusively play OP tanks? To they use copious amounts of gold to skip past all of the lower tiers just to get to said OP tanks? If they do get to said OP tanks, do they appear to be platoon padded? If any of the above is true, then the stats on these tanks would have to be truly impressive in order to justify it (if you're going to stroke your e-peen using OP tanks, you'd better make it damned good.)

If you're from another server, I could care less about re-rolling. You're making a home here, not artificially inflating your e-peen.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean re-rolls can't be impressive. Embryonic Journey is a prime example; there's no way you can tell me that 2600 WN7 isn't impressive, even if it is padded with a Hellcat. He's kind of an extreme example, but it illustrates the point; if you're a fantastic player using a re-roll, you're still a fantastic player.

Re-rolls are only mockery-worthy if they are padded re-rolls. If their stats are the result of good play in their tanks of choosing, great. If not, then I get to point at them and laugh. 

The only time I find re-rolls legitimately bothersome is when they are padded as hell in wn7, winrate, and they wind up on my team, AND I rely on them to not be stupid. Because that usually doesn't work out well for me. The coincidence of those circumstances is rare though.