This Tier VIII Premium vehicle is the first Czechoslovakian tank destroyer in the game. This vehicle has exactly the characteristics that you would expect from a lightly armored support TD, so its gameplay requires you to be prudent and see opportunities on the battlefield.

-6 gd plus dropping camo and the silhouette is also quite chunky.. seems kinda weak except that penetration values and dpm.

13 hours ago, Vindi said:

This Tier VIII Premium vehicle is the first Czechoslovakian tank destroyer in the game. This vehicle has exactly the characteristics that you would expect from a lightly armored support TD, so its gameplay requires you to be prudent and see opportunities on the battlefield.

-6 gd plus dropping camo and the silhouette is also quite chunky.. seems kinda weak except that penetration values and dpm.

On the contrary, seems excellent. Mobile, decent DPM. You can always bolster camo with LNES, because it has good enough gun handling that you don't need gun mods. Maybe rammer/LNES/turbo would be a decent build. 

10 hours ago, sr360 said:

On the contrary, seems excellent. Mobile, decent DPM. You can always bolster camo with LNES, because it has good enough gun handling that you don't need gun mods. Maybe rammer/LNES/turbo would be a decent build. 

Yes, actually I checked all stats and it is indeed quite decent.

Shell velocity isn't great thogh, both AP and HEAT rounds are kind of slow. But ooooh, notice that HE pen!

Looks like the kind of tank that will do very well in the hands of good players and result in a lot of quick deletions for the potatoes. No armour, relatively fast and poor alpha for a TD means lots of people rushing off quickly, getting spotted and obliterated quickly.

Know what you're doing however and can leverage what is a very nice gun with decent gun handling, outstanding AP penetration and bonkers DPM (almost 2,900 base!?) - with poor shell velocity pretty much the only downside - and I think it will do very well. It also gets 3 very useful ammo types, with the 270-pen AP, 330 HEAT and 100mm-pen HE which can do nasty things to lightly armoured tanks. Seems like it has so-so view range and camo which might be a bit of a downer but looks like it has a lot of potential.

That said, I know marathons for tanks are usually crazy, but this one is just as bad (edit: actually maybe it's not too bad for once, I derped on the number of points needed per level): 40 levels to complete (thankfully not the full 50) in 10 days means 4 levels per day, which is 200 points (assuming they're using the same battlepass points system, this doesn't seem clear from the article on the launcher). There's about 70 points per day of bonus points from the daily missions, so that still leaves 130 points that need to be ground each day. If you assume 5 points per match average (which is the maximum on a defeat if you're using any tank in the garage and not one of the 3 core vehicles), that's 26 battles per day, which is still a lot if you're a casual player but attainable for those with a lot of time to burn. You can get that down if you spam the core vehicles and are just good and place constantly in the top-3 on XP earned regardless of win/loss, but I think realistically you're still looking at around 45+ battles each day. That is an absolutely bonkers grind.

5 hours ago, Balthazars said:

Looks like the kind of tank that will do very well in the hands of good players and result in a lot of quick deletions for the potatoes. No armour, relatively fast and poor alpha for a TD means lots of people rushing off quickly, getting spotted and obliterated quickly.

Know what you're doing however and can leverage what is a very nice gun with decent gun handling, outstanding AP penetration and bonkers DPM (almost 2,900 base!?) - with poor shell velocity pretty much the only downside - and I think it will do very well. It also gets 3 very useful ammo types, with the 270-pen AP, 330 HEAT and 100mm-pen HE which can do nasty things to lightly armoured tanks. Seems like it has so-so view range and camo which might be a bit of a downer but looks like it has a lot of potential.

That said, I know marathons for tanks are usually crazy, but this one is just as bad (edit: actually maybe it's not too bad for once, I derped on the number of points needed per level): 40 levels to complete (thankfully not the full 50) in 10 days means 4 levels per day, which is 200 points (assuming they're using the same battlepass points system, this doesn't seem clear from the article on the launcher). There's about 70 points per day of bonus points from the daily missions, so that still leaves 130 points that need to be ground each day. If you assume 5 points per match average (which is the maximum on a defeat if you're using any tank in the garage and not one of the 3 core vehicles), that's 26 battles per day, which is still a lot if you're a casual player but attainable for those with a lot of time to burn. You can get that down if you spam the core vehicles and are just good and place constantly in the top-3 on XP earned regardless of win/loss, but I think realistically you're still looking at around 45+ battles each day. That is an absolutely bonkers grind.

So, here's the secret to rapid Battle Pass points: play tier 6-7s, especially LTs and fast MTs/TDs. The games are over faster, if you know what you're doing, you're placing top 3 XP consistently and winning more often, and when you get to 100 points you get an extra 15 points. If you spam 15 Type 64 battles in a day, that's 115 points right there. Repeat with 12T, T21, CromB, Rudy/34-85M, and they add up fast. Also, if you have some Tier 8-10s close to the point limit, keep them there, and just hit the point limit once the marathon goes live for easy cheap points.

I just love the hype this tank creates on the shitter forums.

Sure thing this thing has massive dpm. But it comes with one of the lowest alphas you can find on T8 TDs. It only gets beaten by the JagdTiger88 and AT15. All those shitters seem to forgett that you need two shots to make up for one Skorp, Su130 etc. shot.
To make this dpm work you need to read the battle, positioning and timing. You get the point. All this skill the average potatoe lacks. 

And the cherry on top the HE dpm. Here you need to know what you can pen. When to switch to HE, when to use AP/Heat. Not gonna happen for those 48% and below shitters.

Skill ceiling will be immensely high on this tank. Good players will have huge games. But average players will have a hard time to make it work. And tomatoes will just suffer. 
A bit like the Kpz07. It has the same vibes to it. Low than average alpha. But good dpm and amazing HE dpm. But you hardly see them on the battlefield. Simply cause the shitters perform badly in it and stopped playing it. 

Anyway. I will try to get this tank. I skipped the last marathons but this one is something i want. 
I would be happier with 300 alpha but Ok. Biggest bummer for me is the slow shell velocity. I am used to fast APCRs and not some shells and EBR overtakes. 

I am grinding for mine. Don't know if I want to throw money at it to get it.

Ground my way through 38 levels of battlepass and used a bit of gold for the rest. Haven't tried the tank yet, but this new marathon system is a big improvement IMHO. Much less grindy.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, Panzergraf said:

Ground my way through 38 levels of battlepass and used a bit of gold for the rest. Haven't tried the tank yet, but this new marathon system is a big improvement IMHO. Much less grindy.

Yes, much better overall system and not as bad a grind compared to the last few marathons. The other main advantage is being able to complete stages with gold as opposed to having to stump up actual cash. With limited time this week especially I only made it to level 30 but as I have gold sitting around and not much to do with it (given Christmas loot-boxes easily re-set your premium time counter), I'm perfectly fine with dropping the 4kish gold to finish it and get what is a pretty nice premium tank.

Only played a handful of games in it so still getting a feel for it. It's got a few rough edges (shell velocity is on the low side, same with gun depression and it's a little sluggish to accelerate up to speed) but the gun handling is excellent, the ammo choices are great and the DPM is amazing so it's got all the characteristics to be fun and a strong performer. No regrets.

One thing I read some people did on the official forums, which I'm sad I didn't hink of beforehand, is they "preloaded" a bunch of tier 6 tanks with 90+ BP points before the temporary chapter.
That way, once the marathon chapter started, they just had to play a game or two in each tank to get the 20 bonus points for reaching the 100 BP limit.
Something to keep in mind for next time!

I did this and it helped me alot the first days. I was on a business trip and couldnt rly play. But hotel wifi was good enough to bot some T6 battles.

Skill did a video early April where he posted about this and it became quite handy to me.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:32 PM, Panzergraf said:

One thing I read some people did on the official forums, which I'm sad I didn't hink of beforehand, is they "preloaded" a bunch of tier 6 tanks with 90+ BP points before the temporary chapter.
That way, once the marathon chapter started, they just had to play a game or two in each tank to get the 20 bonus points for reaching the 100 BP limit.
Something to keep in mind for next time!

I thought about doing that, but ultimately didn't bother. Was too much preloading lol.