Worstpoaster_na

Hearthstone

Was waiting, but blizz screwed over EU, and I came to the conclusion that the game is too simple for my taste. I'll check it out when it gets released, but my buzz for the game died.

You are about 50% right... For open play you could just keep buying packs to get all the cards, but who cares right?... it is like playing casual MtG with power 9 or some crazy perfect storm deck.

Arena can be compared to drafting. And if you keep winning atleast 7 (max 9) games before you lose 3, you will win enough gold to start again. So you can pretty much keep going without spending money. You also win packs and crafting dust, so eventually you get or can craft all the cards you need in open play for a few good decks.

I've been watching Hafu's stream and she's playing Hearthstone alot.  I'm definitely jumping on the open beta, Hearthstone looks simple but fun.  I wonder what online MtG looks like these days.  I never really got the MtG bitters, but my local gameshop definitely gouged people for all they were worth when MtG was hot.

You are about 50% right... For open play you could just keep buying packs to get all the cards, but who cares right?... it is like playing casual MtG with power 9 or some crazy perfect storm deck.

Arena can be compared to drafting. And if you keep winning atleast 7 (max 9) games before you lose 3, you will win enough gold to start again. So you can pretty much keep going without spending money. You also win packs and crafting dust, so eventually you get or can craft all the cards you need in open play for a few good decks.

Yeah, I've seen a fair bit of Arena and that does look like the game mode that will remain competitive the longest, because you can't pay to get awesomes cardz.  (though you have to have a bit more card knowledge because drafting).

The game honestly looks p. cool, but standard solopub would just get horribly imba through construction.

Playing open beta now. Not to bad for casual play. I like that you can get gold from quests and buy packs without $$$. Also, the card crafting is really nice. You can blow out tons of crap extra cards and get the cards you want.

Made new account after old one got banned for botting.

I've been shitting on kids with a pure stock pally deck, who needs legendaries when true silver and concentration comes stock

Made new account after old one got banned for botting.

I've been shitting on kids with a pure stock pally deck, who needs legendaries when true silver and concentration comes stock

Yea, the Pally deck stock is rather strong. But, when you get 2 Lay on Hands in 2 packs it gets a little over the top. Much heals. Wow.

Im currently using a Ancient watcher druid build with Ysera and Cenarius, with mages getting nerfed i'm literally unkillable except by a lucky Ragnaros.

Of course, War-loc derp rush is always fun.

2py17rt.png

Warlock-Murloc rush will get you into high ranks.

Warrior can still try Worgen OTK but its not as good as giant derp due to the commander nerf.

Druid right now its either Sylvanas+Rag rush or Ysera+Deathwing slow drag, either way a Black Knight is probably what you need in it to counter other druid decks.

Shaman can wreck anyone with the right draws.

Priest sucks, don't play it.

Hunter is alright if you got the deck for it, a bit derpy but OTK with Unleash the Puppies is always fun.

Pally is meh, it can counter slow druids but thats about it.

Miracle rogue is okay in constructed, every other build sucks though.

pally mage are gods of arena, undisputed.

their commons are godlike and their class cards dont' need synergy with commons.

but everything I get warlock I go for it because yolo

Druids are better at arena, them card values man.

Virtually every card is 1 for 2, if you get more than 2 Swipe and 2Ancient+Protector or Druid of the claw its 7+ win minimum.

Shaman is OP too if you can get 2+ Fire Elemental.

Paladin suffers primarily from the lack of high tier cards, Guardian is the only thing it got.

Arena is moreso about consistency.

pally/mage you are guaranteed pretty much to pull a truesilver/pyroplast or two. All their core cards are commons.

meh trying to build a mage deck, but getting those 100g so slowly. Other than the initial 200 you get for playing 1 game in "play mode", and 3 wins in play mode, you only get 10 per every 3 wins...

That means 30 wins per 5 new cards - 1 of which is rare and may not even be for your class?

meh trying to build a mage deck, but getting those 100g so slowly. Other than the initial 200 you get for playing 1 game in "play mode", and 3 wins in play mode, you only get 10 per every 3 wins...

That means 30 wins per 5 new cards - 1 of which is rare and may not even be for your class?

Level all your characters to ten, that gives you another 100g.

Beat all the expert decks in Practice mode, earn another 100g.

You should get another 100g at 100 wins in Play mode/arena, and another 100g at 1,000.

Do daily missions, and remember to use your daily mission reroll. If you have only a single 40g mission, do not complete it but save it to use the next day's reroll.

Are you doing the daily missions?  They're usually good for between 40 - 60 gold a day.

I just started myself, and was using Trump's stock decks as the basis for my own builds.  I've been winning more than I lose so far.