Why485

FV215b: Underrated Gem?

I was a Red shitter when I grinded up to the Caern and actually enjoyed the whole line but the tier 8. 

And I thought I was the only one.  The brits came out, about the time I started WOT, and I decided the Med/Hvy were going to be the first lines I ran to T10.  (Pip pip cheerio, and all that nonsense.)

Back when I thought the BP and TOG were a total hoot.

The Caern/Conq/215b was no place for a 3000 game hack, as his first high tier heavies......  374 games of Conq in the 46% range was total horror, and the 215 was so much worse.

It's a shame we will lose the girl if/when the Chieftain comes out.  I'd pay the 6 mil to have two brit T10 heavies, and a place to put a bucktooth cockney female crew.

Yea, it seems I either have a great day in the 2800+ range, or get the immediate crap kicked out of me and have a 1100 day.  

Sunday, awesome.  Monday-Tues?  T92 hits for 1800+, in 3 games.  Bounce 6 out of 12.  HESH a Waffle twice in the turret for less than 200 each (WTF?)

Direct link to being the only T10, or only Heavy / T10 Heavy.  Or, if the other Heavy roams off into the weeds and I have to push a flank with a support tank.........  Or schmuck Jg100's that sit behind you, while you take two E100's and a 103 solo.  He only fires 3 shots for 3 kills with 2000 dmg, while I do the other 5000 dmg, and finally get killed.

Regardless of the silly moaning, this thing is fun if you can find a good position!  I'm ashamed to say I pick on Bulldogs and 1390s, any chance I can get, with this awesome gun.  

rGdCMkY.png

Teammates die to a 1 shot from the CGC and waffled out for full? Its ok the 215B is here, Even getting splashed repeatedly until i was a one shot this tank came through for me.

XBebgDk.png

What the fuck does one have to do to get mastery, that was 2nd class. yes. SECOND CLASS.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a replay dump of my 215B replays, but for the most part this tank isn't a widely used thing so i don't really want to make a replay thread somewhere, but i don't want to take over this thread, any ideas?

XBebgDk.png

What the fuck does one have to do to get mastery, that was 2nd class. yes. SECOND CLASS.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a replay dump of my 215B replays, but for the most part this tank isn't a widely used thing so i don't really want to make a replay thread somewhere, but i don't want to take over this thread, any ideas?

I'd like to see some of those replays. :D

apparently it was a first class. game before it was second (rip me, to lazy to edit).

Anyway, Not sure the best ways to upload them so i'm gonna kinda do em one by one, until someone tells me how to do whole dumps, besides this way i can explain my thoughts and what i'm doing. Also i do a lot of scrolling because It just helps me concentrate, its like this weird tick i have, you may want to click once for free camera and control the camera yourself.

anyway my replays:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771923#self

I went south, they have some super heavies, no arty. I Push south as north is being murdered. Enemies decide shooting at me is much more efficient then shooting my 62A teammate, E100 and maus get shots into my turret roof as i am forced to fight with them on higher ground(Blah), Return to base to stop a potential cap. Push for flanks on the IS-8 and RHM as our tiger II seems to be in trouble. Miss a kill shot on the batchat. Fight the IS-8 and then cap out. 

62A should have used his HP in the IS-8 fight... As such he has been relegated to chai sniper, somehow managed to end it at full.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771945#self

I push south, lose some health early because i'm terrible. About to head back to base through bowl when is see their ice road push hesitating on pushing our lone JPE. End up going through the bottom area to pump shots into their heavies, Our 50B was being a dick to us for multiple matches so i gave him a bounce at the end.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771954#self

I get a good spawn and push up to my ridge, Proceed to snapshot a WZ scout. Murder an E100 who pens my sidescrape for almost 1,000. Push to their ridge and continue farming damage. end up pushing into their base. I ignored a low hp Leo 1 in order to farm the E3 for most of its health trusting my team to kill it, it ended up being the last tank alive and killing my platoon mate but we still won.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771960#self

I take my normal aggressive line to start, i'm retarded and thought it was a bat 155 55 and ended up losing a shitton of health to arty cancer. My 215B platoonmate got waffled, 263 got 1 shot by the CGC for 1900.Got lucky with a Leo 1 spamming HE. Bat unlit as i took the kill shot on him causing my reticle to mess up and probably miss. Baited our T30 to find the waffle and eat his clip. Killed the bat and then their bat arty rushed us to stop cap, letting us kill him.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771967#self

I'm on super tilt after crashing mid game on sand river assault only to come back to me having driven into the mid ditch with 400 health remaining, barely managed to salvage 2500 damage.  I go middle for early shots. Get two on a T34. Proceed to blindfire everything i can possibly think of (both top road and bottom road into city, as well as the alleys).

Its encounter and cap starts (my entire team has pushed valley), I put a few shots next to the church where people generally sit, i think i get one reset as cap time restarts. I try driving to city, I don't make it in time but my platoon-mate rushes in and kills himself while getting resets on all tanks, saving the game. I end up taking a shot from the E100 rushing for resets. Start sidescraping and killing them, i hit the IS-4s gun going for the T-62A, out brawl an IS-4 then end up losing my last shot of health to a t32 but the game has already been won.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1771972#self

I push hard south trusting my JPE platoonmate to be enough of a scare to not be flanked. Fight an E100 and E5 while hulldown. I miss judge my hull positioning against the E100 causing me to take damage, from there it was back to north and cleanup.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1761478#self

215B+215B+263 platoon on ruinburg. We push field hard, win it decisively then proceed into city to kill the heavies with our overwhelming DPM.

Current statistics

TObttgl.png

DPG has dropped a bit due to crashes mid game (what ever the micro patch was fucked me) I had it at 3900, I'm slowing climbing back up. I didn't put any of the crashes into the replays because they all look weird as they load into the match like halfway through.

62A should have used his HP in the IS-8 fight... As such he has been relegated to chai sniper, somehow managed to end it at full.

!shameself

I dont know, I actually tried to be aggressive this game and it just bleh. 

!shameself

I dont know, I actually tried to be aggressive this game and it just bleh. 

I don't know if i have a target on my head or something, But even if you sit in the open they stare past you and shoot at me if i'm hulldown/sidescraping.

I don't know if i have a target on my head or something, But even if you sit in the open they stare past you and shoot at me if i'm hulldown/sidescraping.

That's odd.  I'll be watching your new replays, but the ones you sent me looked like you were a ghost tank, and even arty never bothered you.  Minus the one time in lakeville, where you couldn't NOT take every shot fired.

Thanks for the above!

That's odd.  I'll be watching your new replays, but the ones you sent me looked like you were a ghost tank, and even arty never bothered you.  Minus the one time in lakeville, where you couldn't NOT take every shot fired.

Thanks for the above!

Might be the new clan tags. OTTER tags seem to draw focus, especially since most people recognize it and o7 me.

Might be the new clan tags. OTTER tags seem to draw focus, especially since most people recognize it and o7 me.

True, the tags draw some attention.  "No talent c*nt f*cking fa**ot clan hacker" is what I got Saturday, when I pasted out a metric shit-ton in a T71, and I'm not quite a premier level tag.

May have been the five kills and High Caliber, also.  Ouch.

I definitely think the 215b is my favorite tier 10 to platoon in. It's a versatile tank that can play a lot of roles fairly effectively, but it pairs well with RUmeds that can do the flexy stuff that the 215b lacks the capacity to do. Not so much a fan of solopubbing in it due to its lack of speed, but that's what the T-62A is for!

meanwhile in PBKAC:

[5:31:14 PM] Gyarados/Harold: FUCK IT
[5:31:19 PM] Gyarados/Harold: I'M TAKING GOLD AND GETTING IT
[5:31:19 PM] Gyarados/Harold: FUCK GRINDING
[5:31:24 PM] [Redacted #2]: lol
[5:31:28 PM] Gyarados/Harold: TOOT TOOT BITCHES
[5:32:43 PM] Gyarados/Harold: Researched:FV215b researched. Undistributed experience spent: 121481. Free Experience spent: 88,519.
[5:32:54 PM] Gyarados/Harold: Purchased: 'FV215b' sucessfully purchased. Spent credits:  6,100,000.
[5:33:00 PM] Gyarados/Harold: IT HATH BEGUN
[5:36:00 PM] David/AirG: GYARADOS-SENPAI
[5:36:01 PM] David/AirG: NO
[5:36:04 PM] David/AirG: a;lskbdasd
[5:36:13 PM] Gyarados/Harold : MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Credit goes to Evelyn for spawning such craziness and happiness.

So.....is it the rumor that the forthcoming change to the T10 in the Brit heavy and medium line have been delayed significantly because of "difficulties" in research?  Does this mean grinding toward either this tank or the FV4202 isn't just a waste of time (I don't have the gold or funds to skip much...maybe the Church VII).  

So.....is it the rumor that the forthcoming change to the T10 in the Brit heavy and medium line have been delayed significantly because of "difficulties" in research?  Does this mean grinding toward either this tank or the FV4202 isn't just a waste of time (I don't have the gold or funds to skip much...maybe the Church VII).  

FV4202 eh.. half the modules carry over to both lines but for end tier tanks the FV215B Outshines the 4202 by far.

Why not just wait till the release and judge then?

The 215b is a good tank as it is and should be comparable or better after the change. The 4202 is not very useful but the 7/1 is pretty good. The Action X should be straight-up better than the 4202.

I found the Churchill VII decent if unspectacular.

i want this tank so bad and i wish they wouldnt remove it from t10

There is much time for you to unlock, and enjoy.  Unless this is a maskirovka, it would be Christmas, (The semi-traditional Brit Tree release timeframe, anyway.), at a minimum.  

It is a shame that they don't plan to keep something they spent the money and time to develop, model, and release.  It has a place, and it wouldn't hurt anything to simply keep it in play, like all the other removed-from-purchase tanks.  I'd imagine many people would be more than thrilled to grind and pay for Chieftain, if it was just an added tank after the Conq.

It doesn't fit the 'historic' part, though...

Why not just wait till the release and judge then?

The 215b is a good tank as it is and should be comparable or better after the change. The 4202 is not very useful but the 7/1 is pretty good. The Action X should be straight-up better than the 4202.

I found the Churchill VII decent if unspectacular.

What I was asking, perhaps not clearly, was whether the current tanks will be around long enough to get to them and enjoy them. That was addressed in the next post, though. I liked the comfort of the 4202 on the CT and the 215B was just very fun. I've stopped playing my Cent, but I think I'll pick it up again and get the Church and start down the heavy line.

Yet another replay

http://wotreplays.com/site/1781804#self

Encounter, decide to go hill (obviously). I thought our bulba platoon would have pushed all the way up, securing the hill, but they didn't. Instead i make a risky play by going straight for the windmill. (Giving both E5s shots into my side, could have forced a repair kit early, also artillery is probably loaded and aimed at hill by now, being tracked would have sucked).

Begin sidescrape-turret games. the combination of DPM-Turret armor is insane. JPE heat manages to pen me on the weakpoint (Bleh).  Pretty standard game, A lot of fun was had bullying worst/ant in their inferior E5 tanks.

Edit stats at 47 games:

VfmzHn1.png

What sort of setups do you guys run on your 215b? I've switched to VStab/Rammer/Optics with Situational/Recon for ridiculous view range. It's been racking up a lot of spotting damage and I really enjoy being able to spot camo'd up mediums at distance.