jonnydeathstar

Himmelsdorf Encounter, when your team abandons hill

What do you guys do when the window licking mouth breathers your teammates abandon the hill on Himmelsdorf?

Usually I soldier on up the hill alone or with the one or two other souls brave enough to mount a defense, get rofl stomped and then load another battle. Occasionally I carry the hill despite overwhelming odds. See my w/r for how often that might happen (sarcasm intended). Today I decided 'fuck it' and told my team to abandon hill and defend the lower city from north spawn. I had a decent defending position in that wrecked building @ A4, and held off the hill rush as they came down. They just drove straight into my LOS and I pounded them until the last KV1S got smart and backed up to go another route.

We still lost the battle because the force that went to cap forgot to do important things like kill the tanks in front them, and take cover. I had to go hunt the KV1S and potatoed into the LOS of a sniping hellkitty. But is it viable map tactic?  (ie not just situational) Keep in mind the hill force was basically unmolested when they came down the roads, I wasn't just cleaning up kills.

I'll put up a replay when I get a chance to convert something to youtube.

Most of the time i go for the hill. But i make sure that i'm not charging and keep back a little. As soon as i sense they're pushing I back off and run for my life. Gotten insulted plenty for doing that. But i don't really see the point in making that last stand and getting one or maybe 2 hits in and dieing when i can retreat and survive. Giving me the chance to do a lot more the rest of the battle.

You would be surprised how many enemies actually remain on the hill if your team has none there...none, go mop up/flank the enemies on 123line if in a fast tank and let your team stall on 123 while you flank, either from hill shooting down on them, or just flanking.

You would be surprised how many enemies actually remain on the hill if your team has none there...

I think they do that because they LOS base if they have a spotter with a decent radio anywhere on 1-2-3 line.