Jump to content
Worstpoaster_na

Motorized Vehicle Porn Thread

Recommended Posts

Looking good  :thumbup:

 

Mazda's are the only cars I have ever had that fogging occur on me for whatever reason though

 

 

A lot of the RX-8 drivers I talk to have had the issue.  That's where I got the Meguier's recommendation from.  And I garage mine ~90% of the time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH6oQbckCms[

 

Now I'm trying to figure out a cool paint job to incorporate this stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to ride my VFR to Sci-Fi conventions with all my racing leathers, a huge plastic gun, and a katana strapped to my back. (Obviously I was Akira)

 

I never got cut off in traffic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deusmortis said:

Yeah, I know.  Concepts rarely look like their production versions, if they get produced at all.  But I really want a new rotary...

All I think of when I hear rotary is:

 

rotary_phone.jpg

When I think of rotary engine I picture this:

300px-Clerget_9B_FAAM.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deusmortis said:

RX-Vision Concept pic

 

Yeah, I know.  Concepts rarely look like their production versions, if they get produced at all.  But I really want a new rotary...

I've been looking at this too. Hopefully the tech specs are released soon. Looks better than the RX-8. Can only hope they build it and it looks similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too cool to touch:

bmw_2002_turbo_bmw_ag.jpg

My current car:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1159045&stc=

My next car I want to order next car salon in January:

 or       or    

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deusmortis said:

Isn't that a radial engine?

Radial is what rotary evolved into, but no, that is a rotary plane engine.  Rotated with the prop, how stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2015, 10:44:05, GunnSm0ke said:

I've been looking at this too. Hopefully the tech specs are released soon. Looks better than the RX-8. Can only hope they build it and it looks similar.

I'd change a couple things, looks wise.  Front looks entirely too long.  Clearance looks so low that the front would hit parking lot speed bumps.  But I like the overall design.

My only concerns with that concept are the different sized tires.  Fronts are 20" diameter by 9" wide.  Same diameter in the back, but over 11" wide.  Only reasons for that much tire are to control a high torque engine or to tame an unbalanced car.  Rotaries infamously lack low end torque, so balance would be my guess.  Which is bad, since balanced, fun to drive vehicles have been one of Mazda's strong suits.  Regardless, I doubt those tire dimensions would make it to production. 

 

If we marry some speculation to things the designers/executives have said either in the last few years or after the reveal...

It will probably be based on the 16x dual rotor concept that came out ~8 years ago.  That engine was already cleaner and more efficient than the 13b Renesis in the x-8.  Add in lessons learned in MAzda's gas and diesel skyactiv programs...  A post reveal interview stated the fuel efficiency would be comparable to non-skyactiv piston engines.  I'd guess ~27 highway.  To hit that mark, they'd probably have to keep it in the 200-220 hp range.  If the body is kept sufficiently light, the vehicle should move well.  A different post reveal interview said some kind of turbocharging was "inevitable." 

 

Sadly, if they get close to the technical marks most rotorheads want, I see this car being in the ~45-50k range.  I don't expect a production model until 2020 though (to coincide with MAzda's 100 year anniversary.  I could set aside a solid chunk of that in 4 years.  Possibly all, if I didn't have such poor impulse control when it comes to finances...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎32‎:‎00‎, Deusmortis said:

I'd change a couple things, looks wise.  Front looks entirely too long.  Clearance looks so low that the front would hit parking lot speed bumps.  But I like the overall design.

My only concerns with that concept are the different sized tires.  Fronts are 20" diameter by 9" wide.  Same diameter in the back, but over 11" wide.  Only reasons for that much tire are to control a high torque engine or to tame an unbalanced car.  Rotaries infamously lack low end torque, so balance would be my guess.  Which is bad, since balanced, fun to drive vehicles have been one of Mazda's strong suits.  Regardless, I doubt those tire dimensions would make it to production. 

 

If we marry some speculation to things the designers/executives have said either in the last few years or after the reveal...

It will probably be based on the 16x dual rotor concept that came out ~8 years ago.  That engine was already cleaner and more efficient than the 13b Renesis in the x-8.  Add in lessons learned in MAzda's gas and diesel skyactiv programs...  A post reveal interview stated the fuel efficiency would be comparable to non-skyactiv piston engines.  I'd guess ~27 highway.  To hit that mark, they'd probably have to keep it in the 200-220 hp range.  If the body is kept sufficiently light, the vehicle should move well.  A different post reveal interview said some kind of turbocharging was "inevitable." 

 

Sadly, if they get close to the technical marks most rotorheads want, I see this car being in the ~45-50k range.  I don't expect a production model until 2020 though (to coincide with MAzda's 100 year anniversary.  I could set aside a solid chunk of that in 4 years.  Possibly all, if I didn't have such poor impulse control when it comes to finances...

Here's an update:

RX-9

Its a short but interesting read

Some of your predictions seem correct. They mention a hybrid turbo rotary engine and it seems the car will be shortened a bit. They don't mention price but I bet you are close.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnSm0ke said:

Here's an update:

RX-9

Its a short but interesting read

Some of your predictions seem correct. They mention a hybrid turbo rotary engine and it seems the car will be shortened a bit. They don't mention price but I bet you are close.

 

I was concerned when I saw "hybrid"  There had been talk in recent years about using the rotary as a range extender mated with an electric drive.  Post vision reveal interviews promised no electrification.   If I'm understanding the article, the electric bit is just to help the turbo produce boost at low rpm.

I doubt the 2017 model year for release. That would mean an extremely short concept to retail cycle.  It's possible, since the 16x may be close to ready, bit I still have my doubts.  However, long before the reveal, Mazda execs said to watch 2017 and 2020, the 50th anniversary of the Cosmo and the 100th of Mazda.  So maybe they'll let their other models stagnate for a few years won't only minor changes, while all of the research and production talent works on the RX.

But that means the RX will have to be a solid moneymaker.  Mazda has had record sales recently, so they're not exactly desperate, but they'd still need to have a sales driver to justify that kind of time/manpower investment.  That could lead to either compromises or higher prices.

I'd be a little hesitant to buy an RX that had such a short cycle.   The R1 series of X-8s ha d some issues that were fixed in R2 or with part upgrades. If this vehicle comes out in 17, Id consider leasing, rather than buying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Life is rough when you have to borrow a Lexus and an Acura.  Aren't you just embarrassed to be seen in those?

#poorasfuk

 

 

That's my garage, heh. An ES350 and an MDX.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As car addict, if i really have to narrow down to one ultimate porn car this would be choice. Since i saw first models, i fall in love. 

 

YPXMEwY.jpg

 LWqxGUr.jpg LWqxGUr.jpg

 

Here is clip of symphony 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...