Sign in to follow this  
Shackram

Lakeville encounter

On the 8.6 patch notes there's a mention that we'll have encounter mode for Lakeville. Has anyone seen details about it?

And am i the only person expecting to see the cap zone in the valley?

I say they should make it on top of the middle hills/mountains.

But the most logical choice is in the middle of Town, just like in Prohorovka Encounter.

I say they should make it on top of the middle hills/mountains.

But the most logical choice is in the middle of Town, just like in Prohorovka Encounter.

Prokhorovka encounter is gawd awful. As if the map wasn't terrible enough.

Prokhorovka encounter is gawd awful. As if the map wasn't terrible enough.

The best part of that one is that the cap speed is broken. Caps twice as fast as the other encounter maps.

The best part of that one is that the cap speed is broken. Caps twice as fast as the other encounter maps.

Not exactly twice as fast,but almost.

It would work well if they removed the west-most middle buildings in town and put it there so it's partially in the open as they always are and would also allow strategic use of the town.

IKR, it's like a really worse Ensk Encounter except more open EVERY GODDAMN WHERE and people don't know how to normally go about it and just hit cap.

Like this.

http://wotreplays.com/site/209147#self

I agree that the Encounter will likely be in the village, but considering that they don't mind making large amounts of the map meaningless in Encounter (like on Prok), I wouldn't be stunned to see it at either end (N or S) of the central road. 

If they did that, the spawn points would either be

1) north and south ends of the village (with both teams zerging into one another, just like Himmels hill)

2) Valley and Village.  This would be really hard, because it's so much faster to get out of the village than the valley.  Which means this is likely what they'd do =(

I'd love to see how many people still rush valley in ENCOUNTER mode of this map.

I'm sure that many very good players will still rush that freaking death valley. Especially heavy tanks, which will simply say "why didn't you cover us, noobs" to the players that went for the city.

Yeahhh.

I'd love to see how many people still rush valley in ENCOUNTER mode of this map.

This really baffles me.

I don't know why people rush valley. It's so stupid, nothing can be achieved there.

This really baffles me.

I don't know why people rush valley. It's so stupid, nothing can be achieved there.

Last night I had a tier 8 game where my team had a 3 IS-6 platoon and a KV-5 along with the assorted lower tier riffraff. Most of our team had > than 50% W/R and the IS-6s were all above 55% overall. 

All except 5 of us rushed valley including the IS-6s and the KV-5. By some minor miracle the enemy team decided that they would also rush valley, except for 2 of their 4 tier 8 heavies who decided to hide behind the rocks outside their end of town and the IS-6 on their team who charged headlong down the middle road. 

We stomped them so hard it wasn't even funny. 

The thing that worries me is the pubbies on both teams will remember this game and will try to do the same in the future. I really dread when Lakeville pops :(

There's a few friends I platoon with on occasion (both with many more games and better stats than I, one is mid 5X% and the other is high 5X%) that always seem to drag me along to valley when we get Lakeville no matter how much I protest.  I'm not really sure why either, it's not like we win often when we do that.  :sad:

I think if that happens when the encounter version comes out I'm just leaving the platoon.

I've had a couple battles on Prok Encounter recently where it's been capped out with less than 3 tanks dead total. Hadn't made the connection that the cap speed was so much faster.

Now instead of clearing the road I head to cover cap every time.

Prok encounter is why I unchecked Encounter.

Re Lakeville valley. This is how I explain it. The only time you will win by rushing the valley is if the other team is bad. Since they are bad, you will also win by going town, so there is no point in risking the valley.