Peaches

Crusader Appreciation Thread?

16 hours ago, Felicius said:

T67 and Crusader should not be mentioned in a same sentence. Better? Not slightly, but more like 3x.

Yeah but thats the standard with British Tanks typically, outside of the Cromwell and Charioteer maybe.

12 hours ago, Antimeridian said:

I still think the Crusader can win games (despite my own struggle with it), but it's very mediocre at its tier. Gun handling buff would be the shit. T-34, T67, and the KVs are still the tier V carry monsters IMO.

Pretty much any tank in tier 5 can win, because...tier 5. But having to actually work hard to do it, compared to driving T67 or T-34 on autopilot takes all the fun out of it.

Especially since other 2 tanks can make plenty of money, while Crus not s much (bad aimtime/acc, so you miss plenty of APCR). I mean, tier 5 is among the best for money grind. 

KV1Sport is still there for wins. KV-1 turret was so nerfed when it went HD that 112-125 mm pen pew-pew guns simply melt it right now. 

Bye-bye KV-1 as of right now. It has the same effective armor as KV1S because everybody with half a brain will simply ignore your hull and go straight for the turret. KV1S already has a shit turret, so it relies on mobility, and has even more view range (340 is good view range for its tier when the best is 350), and aim time on 85 mm is much better than on KV-1 (2.5 vs 2.9).

6 hours ago, 21Blackjack said:

Yeah but thats the standard with British Tanks typically, outside of the Cromwell and Charioteer maybe.

Yup, British tanks are seldom even close to being any good.

Charioteer is overrated, there are at least 3 much better TDs in tier. Skorp G obviously, and it does the same role much better - mobile turreted paper TD with bad camo (OK, it is a prem, but everybody could buy it, and there are one at least in each team), but with much punchier and more acc gun, and than there are Ferdi and ISU as casemates, but still better than Charioteer - monster gun, or some armor and more hitpoints, pick your choice.

On 31.3.2017 at 9:58 AM, Monkey said:

The Crusader supposedly turns into a medium in 9.18:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/62gira/on_918_ct_all_tier_5_light_tanks_except_the/

Farewell camo on the move.

The Crusader always behaved a lot more like a medium, than a light, but the camo-on-the-move was a vital part of making this vehicle effective. WIth that gone, it's a meh-at-best T5 medium. It doesn't even get any stats-boost for compensation.

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

'..camo-on-the-move was a vital part of making this vehicle effective.'

It was the only edge it had over the M7. Which ironically gets camo on the move with 9.18..

Now it becomes a worse T-34.  No thanks.   I guess I'll be moving my Crusader crew over to a Sherman III or something now.  So much for ever having a British scout tank line.

2 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

Now it becomes a worse T-34.  No thanks.   I guess I'll be moving my Crusader crew over to a Sherman III or something now.  So much for ever having a British scout tank line.

It was always a worse m7

Are any of the other mediums worth moving the crew over, or should I drop the crew down to Covenanter so the Vickers doesn't completely waste its garage slot? I already have Comet and Cromwell crews, and neither of the Shermans are really getting me excited. (Could always buy the Matilda back, I suppose...)

On 05/04/2017 at 7:58 AM, Necrophore said:

Are any of the other mediums worth moving the crew over, or should I drop the crew down to Covenanter so the Vickers doesn't completely waste its garage slot? I already have Comet and Cromwell crews, and neither of the Shermans are really getting me excited. (Could always buy the Matilda back, I suppose...)

no real point in a 3 man crew, and tier 4 mm is just so meh awful

On 4/5/2017 at 3:28 AM, Necrophore said:

I have so many British crews its just not funny anymore :(. I've been thinking this myself, and I think I'm going to keep the crusader just so I don't have to put them in the barracks.

I'll probably buy back the 7/1 and the Achilles (I know its not a medium, but its basically a faster firing firefly) just so I have them in the garage.

51 minutes ago, rabidmonkey679 said:

Achilles (I know its not a medium, but its basically a faster firing firefly) just so I have them in the garage.

:eww:

Terrible bloom + pewpew gun + no gun depression + very tall tank + no armor is super disgusting combo

I legit liked Challenger more

41 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I legit liked Challenger more

the challenger has a tiny bit of speed over the Achilles, as well as a few hps ,but loses the chance of not being one shot by a kv2. Did i also says its a tier higher?

oh wait you liked the jap heavies BEFORE the buffs (jokes its kewl i still <3 u)

8 minutes ago, garryallen said:

the challenger has a tiny bit of speed over the Achilles, as well as a few hps ,but loses the chance of not being one shot by a kv2. Did i also says its a tier higher?

oh wait you liked the jap heavies BEFORE the buffs (jokes its kewl i still <3 u)

"but loses the chance of not being one shot by a kv2"

When i played Achilles and got hit by KV-2, i always got oneshotted.

When i shot Achilles with my own KV-2, it always gets oneshotted.

Same story with jap derp

-10 depression + better gun handling + DPM made Challenger much more comfy to play, even if the gun is "same" but tier higher. Atleast Challenger was verstaile as it would be either shit Comet with bit more pen and accuracy or shit TD with turret. Achilles is just "shit TD with turret". With combo of awful bloom + pewpew gun + no armor + no depression (worst fucking combo ever) it CANT play as medium.

Keep on mind i played Challenger post-buff. I think its safe to say that it was worse than Achilles before buffs.

---------

Type 5 was admitely huge piece of trash before it got buffed but i still liked it as it was somewhat fun (sometimes). I always loved my Jap superheavies, no matter how they were <3. (expect Type 4, that thing deserves special place in the hell).

6 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

"but loses the chance of not being one shot by a kv2"

When i played Achilles and got hit by KV-2, i always got oneshotted.

When i shot Achilles with my own KV-2, it always gets oneshotted.

Same story with jap derp

-10 depression + better gun handling + DPM made Challenger much more comfy to play, even if the gun is "same" but tier higher. Atleast Challenger was verstaile as it would be either shit Comet with bit more pen and accuracy or shit TD with turret. Achilles is just "shit TD with turret". With combo of awful bloom + pewpew gun + no armor + no depression (worst fucking combo ever) it CANT play as medium.

Keep on mind i played Challenger post-buff. I think its safe to say that it was worse than Achilles before buffs.

---------

Type 5 was admitely huge piece of trash before it got buffed but i still liked it as it was somewhat fun (sometimes). I always loved my Jap superheavies, no matter how they were <3. (expect Type 4, that thing deserves special place in the hell).

Didn't expect a serious answer but i got one anyways... tbh i dunt rly know the challenger post buff

but everyone has those meme tonks that they pla bc they are fun... if i didn't i wouldn't play wot.