Sign in to follow this  
petersleepy

WoWP Performance Metric

So, I'm posting this here, because a post about stats, especially about stat metrics on the WoWP forums would be 25% trolls, 50% deniers, and 25% of people that actually want to discuss this topic.

This is a preliminary rating system that should be tested more thoroughly at release when the population allows for consistent 15v15 battles in higher tiers, but ATM, it should only be accurate in determining the contribution of someone that plays lots of low/mid tiers, since those are the only areas where you can consistently get 15v15 battles.

The variables that I used to determine this performance rating were: aerial kills per game, damage dealt per game, average tier, and GT kills per game.

The formula:

Variables

A=aerial kills per game

D=damage dealt per game

T=Average tier

G=GT kills per game

500A+

400D/(44.43T+11.33)+

150G

=

Performance Rating

Conclusion

So, if you have any questions/suggestions/criticisms, please post them in the replies of this topic. It would also help if you could post your http://planes.noobmeter.com/ page and your calculated rating, as you can only get your average tier from noobmeter at the moment. (mine is 1560)

Perspective FAQ's

Q: How did you get the damage dealt thing (44.43T+11.33)?

A: I made a linear regression line with my trusty TI-84 with the average hitpoints with the upgraded airframe of each tier. If on average you deal the average hitpoints of the average tier that you play, you would be credited with the multiplier, 400 points.

My data:

1: 66
2: 97.22222
3: 184.44444
4: 185.4545
5: 203.9285
6: 247
7: 327.5
8: 346.875
9: 390
10: 510

Q: Why are GT kills weighted so low?

A: As it stands right now, GT's are not very useful right now, so in order to get the same rating as someone who averages 1 kill and hitpoints of their average tier, you need to average 6 GT kills per match.

At the moment I would exclude GTs completly - they just dont matter in the big picture.

Would it be possible to instead include avg XP only for the ground attack planes, if it is available?

I don't think WG gives us the average exp for specific planes yet on the webpage. I think we can only draw the stats from the player profiles on the website.

However, I do think GT's have some effect, but are almost completely ineffective, which is why I valued one ground kill to the equivalent of 1/6 air kills.

I don't think WG gives us the average exp for specific planes yet on the webpage. I think we can only draw the stats from the player profiles on the website.

However, I do think GT's have some effect, but are almost completely ineffective, which is why I valued one ground kill to the equivalent of 1/6 air kills.

I dont know what kind of info the WoWP API is giving back ... thats why I m asking. Avg XP without prem bonus would be pretty usefull.

I dont know what kind of info the WoWP API is giving back ... thats why I m asking. Avg XP without prem bonus would be pretty usefull.

AFAIK, as of CBT phase 1, the average exp given was based on base exp without any premium or win multipliers.

1682. Though, I have no idea how good or bad that is. Lack of context and all.

Ideally the rating will be somewhat similar to the wot metrics to reduce confusion stuff. As it stands right now, this rating is something that I just put down after a couple hours of thought and calculations (finding the average HP by adding and dividing in a graphing calculator is hard work :P)

Also, people that play lots of higher tiers are penalized at the moment because of the low high tier server population, leading to less kills and damage per battle.

1841, but I'm severely tired that could be wicked wrong.

My noobmeter page.

My rating seems to be severely punishing players who play high tier battles, because there aren't that many players there. If I just measured my tier 6 or below, I would get close to 2000.

I'm thinking of introducing a tier penalty for playing lower tiers, but I'm going to wait until a few months after release to change anything.

http://planes.noobmeter.com/player/eu/sharpneli/500678163/

E: I typoed the formula at the start.

Tbh I'd go for WN style formula. Sum of random things will probably go the way of the original Eff, easily gameable and not that informative either.