A_Chodeful

True Damage Padding

I'll make this simple, this set-up is geared to make sure you do as much damage as you possibly can relative to tier: 

• Select any tank below tier 10 (preferably a tier 7/8 tank with good mobility and high penetration w/gold)
  • Load all gold 
  • Platoon with a fast scout-ish tank and one heavily armoured tank, both preferably tanks with low DPM, and a tier above you 
  • Hit "Battle"
  • ???
  • More damage relative to tier 

The basic idea here is that you're being put in matches on the higher end of your tier bracket, meaning there's more HP to throw around and farm off, i.e., much much more WN7 for anyone who actually cares. 

I'm pretty sure people on the RU and EU server have already done this en-masse. 

-------

P.S. It's because of possibilities like this that I don't trust stats below tier 10 or 9 anymore. 

P.S.S. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you have to be unicum first in order to be able to fully take advantage of this. 

I´m not very sure about that whole padding thing... Actively trying to pad stats? Am i the only one not comfy with that? ;D I just play the tanks i want and try to be good at it, sometimes i fail horribly ( ask schlurcher :) ) sometimes its epic, nn padding something. Just my 2 cents.

I've platooned an 8 before with Hellcats in order to try to help someone win gold in a certain TD event.

When said hellcat ends up doing top damage in a tier 10 battle... it is not a good sign.

Generally, players under tier 9 or 10 are not trying to get their tank matched up against tanks 3-4 tiers higher.  The potential for DPG inflation is there, but I don't think it's tremendous by any means. Pairing a 7 with a pref 8 is more than enough if you want to do that sort of thing.

But moreso than anything, I feel that you're projecting your inclinations upon other peoples' actions. I seriously doubt that a significant number of people have attempted such a thing because it is not something most people care about, nor is it something most people have the skill to do effectively.

I seriously doubt that a significant number of people have attempted such a thing because it is not something most people care about, nor is it something most people have the skill to do effectively.

That

Hi, my name is Kewei and I've been getting high on DPG for about a year now. It started off with autoloaders in platoons just to party, next thing I knew I was snorting lines of HEAT off a T110E5's cupola in solo pubs at 10 in the morning.

Most unicums platoon with other unicums and just earn their 3800 dpg at T10 etc.

Your only impressing yourself past that.  It says more about you to strive on a good team then be the best on a team of averages

Hi, my name is Kewei and I've been getting high on DPG for about a year now. It started off with autoloaders in platoons just to party, next thing I knew I was snorting lines of HEAT off a T110E5's cupola in solo pubs at 10 in the morning.

I'm pretty sure there's a 12 step program for this.  I think we need an intervention.

I can't remember the last time I saw unicums in such a platoon setup. Seems pretty rare to me. Few people are as obsessed with stats and DPM as you to come up with schemes like that.

But it isn't too late - there is still hope! Admit you have a problem, get a sponsor, try monthlong Amx 40 and Sau 40 grinds as methadone treatment.

Though I feel kinda bad when I'm not dealing at least 2.5k and 3k damage in 8s and 9s respectively, I don't feel the need to artificially improve my DPG. Seems to much of a hassle anyways. I'd rather #play4fun with an eye on improvement.

Your profile pic unsettles me to no end you know?

Anyway, back on tracks, i don't think anybody will be so mad as to do so consistently just to wave off hie e-peen. It happens (i'm short on tier 8s now so when i platoon with a friend of mine/my clam mates, so rarely, i run a Tiger or a T29 in a tier 8 non preferential platoon...) but i think that would be pushing things too far.

Ah, if you want to pad your XP take a Cromwell with a tier 7 light. That thing can SOLO an IS7.

i do this from time to time in my hellcat, and the results are funny from time to time.

had games where i ended up in tier 10 and did 4k dmg and stuff like that.

usully we do it with 2 hellcats + a tier 7 it is enough to increase the amount of HP to actually get everything out of the hellcat.