Welp seeing as this thread got horribly ingored by WG on the main forum for 4 months and died, figure i'll bring it here where the mods are souper kewl. 

If any other gud @ tanks players want to leave there names here to help out I'll get a list going in this post.

Shamelessly stolen from ignorant

What is it?

This is a free service provided by experienced and/or willing players to help you improve your gameplay. We will focus on improving your strengths and minimizing weaknesses, whilst tackling any reasonable questions about the game. By doing so, I hope you will become a better player and have more enjoyment on a more skillful level.

What do I need?

Not much really. You must be/have the following:

• A brain
  • Willing
  • Cooperative
  • Respectful

I would also appreciate if you had a means of voice communication as it would make my job much easier. If not, we can still manage. There will just be less in-game communication without it.

The process in a nutshell

We will...

• Analyze your stats individually to determine what needs the most improvement.
  • Analyze your in-game performance to determine mistakes and flawed gameplay.
  • Suggest and show ways of improving individual stats.
  • Suggest and show ways of improving in-game performance
  • Show tips and tricks such as side-scraping and effective armour angling.
  • Teach you how to be adaptive to certain battles that your tank doesn't excel in.
  • Teach you how to utilize certain tanks to their maximum potential.
  • Teach you how to utilize map knowledge.

How do I apply?

Just leave a post in this thread including the following information:

In-game name

• Times played, including time zone.
  • Tanks preferred
  • Voice Comms - Yes or No?

If any other gud @ tanks players want to leave there names here to help out I'll get a list going in this post.

Mentors:

NA Server                      Time Online

dmcgill1                    1900-2200 est most nights

TheRealPaladin        3am - 6am CST Monday - Thursday, and 6pm - 6am CST Friday - Sunday

Swami_                     Weekends after 2PM and Weeknights after 8PM

Sela                          2pm - 2am EST on week nights 

melchior037              8-11 est Wednesdays and the weekends

Nas22                       6pm-CW

Junkershiryu             All day through out the week. Sunup to sundown.

Tjerry                        5PM to 6 AM PST (Speaks Spanish and English)

DeepGift                   1400EST-0300 EST

Anfield

Inchon                      10pm - 1am EST most nights.

DassemUltor             9:30 EST onwards usually 2-3 days a week

Rela                         1500-2200 Central every other day, 2300-0300 Central most nights

KraftLawrence          weekdays between 6pm-> CWs, then up till 2am

Fiddlydiddle              Many weekdays from 18:00 - 22:00 CST

EU Server

Nas22 (if enough interested)

SEA

Nisa                           Times online: GMT+8  9am~11pm

In Game channel for guys looking for mentors or just to ask questions

Channel name: Community Mentor Program 

I wouldn't consider myself "gud@tanks", even though I just pulled a 90% WR tonight over 10 battles in my T-44 solopubbing; 

I would like to be mentored though, particularly in heavy tanks.

You should also add if it's on the NA or the EU server. I'd definitely need help to improve, but I play on the EU server.

I wouldn't consider myself "gud@tanks", even though I just pulled a 90% WR tonight over 10 battles in my T-44 solopubbing; 

I would like to be mentored though, particularly in heavy tanks.

You sure, because your DPG in your high tier heavy tanks are pretty good.

You should also add if it's on the NA or the EU server. I'd definitely need help to improve, but I play on the EU server.

Well if we get any purples from EU in here we can see if they want to help you out.  Unfortunately all the ones i know are on NA.

And Cartoonman, if you see me online you can shoot me a pm, i'd gladly work with you a bit.

You sure, because your DPG in your high tier heavy tanks are pretty good.

Sure I can score DPG, but I can't carry a team for my life in a heavy tank. Unlike in a medium tank, where I actually have good enough mobility to respond to the dynamic battle.\

TD's are also pretty hard to carry in, but I'm leaving TD's for 8.6, when I finally earn my real contributed exp and credits.

Well if we get any purples from EU in here we can see if they want to help you out.  Unfortunately all the ones i know are on NA.

And Cartoonman, if you see me online you can shoot me a pm, i'd gladly work with you a bit.

Thanks

I would like to get help in higher tier Heavies, such as the IS-7 which is the only one I have right now.  Also looking at T-44 and T-54 as well.  

T-44 eh? I'm currently "mentoring" a fellow player on the T-44; sent him 9 replays, the 9 wins I got tonight out of 10 solo pub battles. You want the replay zip file? I can pm you the link if you want.

T-44 eh? I'm currently "mentoring" a fellow player on the T-44; sent him 9 replays, the 9 wins I got tonight out of 10 solo pub battles. You want the replay zip file? I can pm you the link if you want.

That sounds good to me, i've been having horrible games solo today, can't do anything right.

I've helped a few guys, But I Could be a sort of a "Intern" since Ive been doing decent the last few months.

(pretty sure one of you will come knock me off my little step stool I put myself on)

I do have experience teaching others (I've helped 3 people, each session was 2+ hours, Training room and Plat combined) 

100% satisfaction rate, 2 have substantially improved and the other has improved, but not on the level of the others.

But I Would also like to be taught myself. Im usually on 5pm-2am USCentral. 9Pm-11Pm being the most opportune times.

Also on random times of the day.

I do have comms

I also had the most retarded laugh when I seen this emote  o_o

Could I grab a copy of those replays too? I've really been struggling with my T-44.

I didn't have enough Free XP so I had to grind a completely stock T-44. Somewhere along the way I've completely lost all faith in the tank and my ability to play it. 

If any T-44 drivers out there are interested in platooning, I'd love to be carried see how you play the mid-game, which seems to be my biggest struggle. 

I am interested in both being a mentor since I am reasonably gud@tanks, and also in being mentored since I am not yet truly great@tanks.

I am usually available during the following times: 3am - 6am CST Monday - Thursday, and 6pm - 6am CST Friday - Sunday. I know those are odd hours but in is a long term side effect of working nights.

Could I grab a copy of those replays too? I've really been struggling with my T-44.

I didn't have enough Free XP so I had to grind a completely stock T-44. Somewhere along the way I've completely lost all faith in the tank and my ability to play it. 

If any T-44 drivers out there are interested in platooning, I'd love to be carried see how you play the mid-game, which seems to be my biggest struggle. 

Sure. sent.

For anyone who seeks mentoring, I suggest you make your post here as detailed as possible.  Try to include:

Vehicle classes or specific tanks you want help with.

Tier ranges.

What you think your current skill level is.  (Worse than bot, baddie, below average, average, Dunning Kruger paragon, etc.)

What skill level you hope to achieve.

Times available.

Thickness of skin.

Tier ranges.

What you think your current skill level is.  (Worse than bot, baddie, below average, average, Dunning Kruger paragon, etc.)

Times available.

Thickness of skin.

Underpenning mediums, e.g. VK3002DB and soon T-43. IS-3 defense. Situational awareness, and controlling aggression.

1-8, can bring T-50-2 for higher matches.

I think I'm average, maybe below average but my aggressiveness and survival rate is holding me back.

Green, at least.

Anytime on weekend. Anytime not 12-3 on weekdays.

I'll take criticism, as long as you aren't a douche about it.

Still looking for some mentors to sign up; I don't really want to reuse the old list without the old mentors' oks.

I'd be willing to help some here and there.  My schedule is real crazy as to when I get on to play and also how long I stay on.

There's a couple guys in SIMP that wouldn't mind knocking out a few battles with myself and a trainee.

BEST TIME TO GET ME: Weekends after 2PM and Weeknights after 8PM EDT (again Clan wars, tourneys, and work schedule can conflict during weeknights) - I play on the NA server.

I am best suited to teach:

* Medium tanks tier 5-10 (especially American tanks)

* Heavy tanks tier 6-10 (especially American tanks)

* Light tanks ( I am solid in the T71, WZ131, 50-2)

I can help with low tier tanks as well but the dynamic of the game plays much differently.  I'd rather teach the Tier 6+ style of play.

I also play mostly solo in pubs.  I can teach how to help your team and win 60+ % when solo pubbing.

I'm always pleasant and never condescending but will not work with someone that is just trying to get a 'carry' out of this and don't think they need help.  Hell, even I'll take good pointers when I can get them!

*edit* As of August 25th I will be taking a temporary break from mentoring.

I would certainly appreciate any help/pointers people who watch me play and see my weaknesses, can give me.

As much as i have come to dislike playing t10's, that is the tier i really need help with.

Can I be a student?

I play around 9 - 12 Mountain time, and 3-5 mountain time. Not always fololw this though

Indien Panzer, T-54, and Tetrarch, 

Voice comms is a no-no

I was on ysoignorant's list on the main forum.

I tend to play later (9pm - 2am EST) on week nights and randomly on weekends.

I do have a lot of people waiting in line, so don't feel bad if I don't get to you for a bit. Send me a PM in-game if you're interested.

Specialty: mediums, heavies, tank destroyers

Playstyle: aggressive defense

Tiers played: 6-10

Trainee requirements: voice coms (at least the ability to hear), low 50% wins or higher, basic grasp of mechanical skills, willingness to hear constructive criticism and tolerate R-rated chat

If you are looking for something specific, please let me know

General training overview: map positioning and situational awareness

I'm willing to help out mentoring, learning tier 10 myself but other wise I can help out with anything.

Mostly on 8-11 eastern time Wednesdays and the weekends. It's also hit or miss on weekends and during the day on Mondays.

Having access to teamspeak or Skype is essential though since there is too much to say through typing.

Cartoon, I wouldn't mind that pack of replays either, I'm trying to get the hang of the T-44 as well.

For anyone who seeks mentoring, I suggest you make your post here as detailed as possible. Try to include:

Tier ranges.
What you think your current skill level is. (Worse than bot, baddie, below average, average, Dunning Kruger paragon, etc.)
Times available.
Thickness of skin.

I mostly need help with Medium map placement (heavies on some maps as well) and TD set up spots. I believe I need to work on damage ratio and survive-ability as well. I can be overly aggressive sometimes, pull too far ahead of my pubs and get overrun, or when playing faster tanks in platoons get a head of them to take a forward position then die while they try to get there in time.
Also Tier 9s. Those arty partys just shit all over me, I want to love my E-75/M103 so bad.

Tiers 7+ I've got a few 5/6 but i'd prefer to let them rot as long as possible

Current skill level is Decent, I'm pretty certain I'm a blue and play blue

I want to hit purple. My main goal is getting the XVM E in service record on most of my tanks to blue.

Right now almost always except for during Guard weekends. Generally after 11am. Got a few job interviews coming up so that's subject to change.

Very thick, vent all your arty rage at me when I fail. I want to absolutely know what I did wrong.

Comms have vent, mumble, and TS all installed and ready.

I would like some teaching...but don' really have anything specific I need help on. Everything I currently play is 60%+ besides my type (mainly due to how many battles its taking to raise the w/r).

Guess I could use help with my e5, 2600 dpg but can't carry as well as I'd like.

Could also help teach someone if they wanted, although I'm not the best at it.

Definitely need help with e5

Edited by Dayus