Well I seem to be plateauing and would like a gud@tonks to give me a second opinion :/ I just got on and played 4 games and uploaded them. Any critique / advice would be greatly appreciated and hopefully this is the right place to be requesting help.

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25399205316014730

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25399368524772410

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.24369581396080631

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25995630244542874

note: a crash caused my settings to reset which I forgot to change back thus I was spamming the wrong button for my fire extinguisher on the t-44 game.

Thanks in advance

Well I seem to be plateauing and would like a gud@tonks to give me a second opinion :/ I just got on and played 4 games and uploaded them. Any critique / advice would be greatly appreciated and hopefully this is the right place to be requesting help.

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25399205316014730

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25399368524772410

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.24369581396080631

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1002724778.25995630244542874

note: a crash caused my settings to reset which I forgot to change back thus I was spamming the wrong button for my fire extinguisher on the t-44 game.

Thanks in advance

Well, that 1st one, ya you weren't winning that; 3 man havok toon in a T57 and 2 T10 tds.  That being said, you should dump that 2nd rep kit and run cola on that E1; it will feel like a completely different tank, and get that drum time down around the 31 sec range.  Also, just carry pure APCR, you will see mostly T10 fights and the US auto loaders do not carry enough ammo for you to risk mixing types.

Game 2: bushes, please use them, if you had been shifted 10m to your left that whole time you would not have been lit nearly as soon and had better shots at that low road push.  You also shot the casement on the Jt when hit lower plate was really exposed, which came back to bite you a bit when he was left alive to shoot up some of you team mates.  You also missed a chance to smoke that 300 hp T69, and since you were not in the bushes, he lit you and you ate 700 dmg in hits.

Game 3: looked fine, personally, with that many hill i would have stayed on the 3 line and worked the 9 line side of the hill and any brave ones trying to push.  You did make one mistake, you started pushing on the low side of the hill when you were 15 sec out from loaded, if one of those guys down low had been paying attention you would have taken at least 2 shots before you were able to reply.  Just wait until your 1-5 sec out next time, you can dump rounds downrange if you have to.

Game 4: As in game 2, there are bushes about 10 m from where you set up, use them.  That rock is a death trap, I can't tell you the number of guys i've seen get melted behind it.  You did have a yolo derp team, which is very hard to carry in a med like the T44.  That said, you need to take advantage of the camo that is around to you maximize your dmg down range with out getting smoked yourself.  

Also, as a side note, just use auto ext for anything T6/7+ if you want to win; most T8s burn out at about 60 dmg a tick, so assuming you hit your ext in 3-4 sec, you just gave your opponent the equivalent of a free hit.  Its worse at T10 where most will burn for 100+ a tick.

I have a few replays I would like commented on. Two T71, a Hellcat and a T34.

I'm on NA East, ranging from ~10am-2pm, or 10pm to 2am. Have ~3k battles

Looking to improve and understand what I should do/need to position.

First T71 is a decent game, http://wotreplays.com/site/407382?secret=49be7ab127ea44565dbe2af885f6107b

Second T71, I don't know much I could have done here, http://wotreplays.com/site/407383#port-bnndy-t71

Hellcat game, http://wotreplays.com/site/407384#komarin-bnndy-m18_hellcat

And the T34, this may be a victory but I dont feel like I helped the team that much, bad positioning? http://wotreplays.com/site/407385?secret=49be7ab127ea44565dbe2af885f6107b

Thank you for any comments on my gameplay.

I have a few replays I would like commented on. Two T71, a Hellcat and a T34.

I'm on NA East, ranging from ~10am-2pm, or 10pm to 2am. Have ~3k battles

Looking to improve and understand what I should do/need to position.

First T71 is a decent game, http://wotreplays.com/site/407382?secret=49be7ab127ea44565dbe2af885f6107b

Second T71, I don't know much I could have done here, http://wotreplays.com/site/407383#port-bnndy-t71

Hellcat game, http://wotreplays.com/site/407384#komarin-bnndy-m18_hellcat

And the T34, this may be a victory but I dont feel like I helped the team that much, bad positioning? http://wotreplays.com/site/407385?secret=49be7ab127ea44565dbe2af885f6107b

Thank you for any comments on my gameplay.

First game:  That is really a hard map to play well with a light, but middle is very risky.  That being said you did use bushes this time, but you were not paying attention and missed out on the opportunity to get a lot of free side shots.  You did get lucky and get a stacked team of solid greens/blues.

2nd game: First off, use bushes in the middle, driving up on that hill will only get you shot.  Second and more importantly, holy target fixation batman, you had sweet low risk side shots on the entire right flank all game and some of those softies on the bridge that you did not capitalize on.  I don't know what that VK did, but he sure had your attention all game, even though you had very marginal shots.  Also, since it was 8.8 its a little glitched, but i hope you're not using Binos on that T71 instead of Optics.

That 3rd game, not having the 90mm on your hellcat probably got you killed, you had a lot of bounces that would have not otherwise bounced.  Hellcat is the tank to put your binos and net on.  Also, as in replay 2, use bushes, they are good for your survival rate.  When you saw that flank fall you probably should have taken off too, there are good places in that little town with bushes you can get resets from.

4th game: comparatively not bad, you used cover relatively well and did not fixate on one target.  That being said you were not in a good hull down position and did show your side a lot, especially knowing how many big TDs were there.  That map has some very good hull downs with bushes near them, I'd suggest you use those in that tank during future games.

Hello, I would also like a couple replays commented on, mainly in my T25/2.

I have a "Good" match, where I do over 2000 damage, but I'm not exactly sure what I did right to do all of that damage.

Then, I have an "Alright" match, where I do just over 1000 damage. Again, I'm not sure how this happened or how to keep this up.

Then, I have a couple matches where I am quite useless.

I would appreciate some insight on how to make more matches like the good ones above.

Link to Replays: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o3fwf51rmh2uyoc/replays+T252.rar

Can't upload to wotreplays because it seems that I have to have an EU account.

I play from 4PM to 9PM EST, mainly Tier 7 T25/2 and KV-13 with a bit of 5-6 Russian arty currently.

I think my skill level is probably below average, and I would very much appreciate criticism, as I have a somewhat thick skin for it.

Thanks.

Eager Learner. Seeks Mentor.

• Vehicle class: Artillery. It suits my play style and temperment.
  • Tier: 5.
  • Current skill level: baddie
  • What skill level you hope to achieve: 55+ win rate or whatever I can achieve given time available to play.
  • 7:00 to 9:00 p.m CST weekdays. 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST many weekends.
  • Thickness of skin: My in-game handle is my RealName. I hope that says it all but if not, I would improve my cooking skills by working for Chef Ramsey if I could.
  • VOX: skype or can reinstall teamspeak.

Unclear to me who in the Mentor list is interested in coaching an arty-only tanker.

A Couple of IS-8 Matches. The first is a decent game, second is an average to poor game. I think I really need to work on my passivity.

I played this game a couple of days ago. I felt I played well, if possibly too passive for most of the game, until the end when I really screwed up and it cost me my life, and possibly if I had played better we could have won. That being said, it was Erlenberg, and I really didn't know what I should be doing with myself most of the map. Would love some advice on what I could have done better:

http://wotreplays.com/site/425866#erlenberg-pmj79-is-8

This is another one on Siegfried Line where my passivity hurts my damage, and I don't focus enough on what's going on around me. It leads to me dying, and I did less damage than I should have.

http://wotreplays.com/site/425886#siegfried_line-pmj79-is-8

I would love some advice here. I think in general I play too passively a lot of the time. When my team is winning it means I sometimes lose out on damage. When my team is losing, it leaves me in a position where there's not much left for me to do.

Great idea and I'd love to get some help/mentoring.

Overall I'd say I'm a fairly average player suffering from the same flaws many of us do. I'm either too aggressive, too passive or shooting at the wrong thing all to often. I never really focused all that much on my stats or getting better "in pubbies". I work for myself and played a lot of T50-2 battles for a long time. Not a suicide scout but a very active "find and kill arty" type before the nerf. Was a member of Havok Rising during the "donut war" and took a break when the map went down for 2-3 weeks and ended up taking a break till the 1st campaign. Have gone from a 1600+ to 1396 (as of last xvm) (some bad game play some new metrics)...

Anyway grinding the borsim has made me aware of just how much my game is lacking. Just playing it is forcing some changes. What frustrates me most is my play in T10 mediums like the leapord1. Feel like I'm capable of so much but often do so little. I don't want to just start spamming up replays with no guidance. I do have a couple that I am curious about. I had posted on WOT forum about initial positioning for the Borsim and got a few great replies (probably from guys here). I find myself getting good stats in losing efforts and can't quite sort it out. One ends up as a borsim on borsim draw (last 2 left) where I feel like I cherry picked the entire gamer but that anything aggressive would have just got me killed for no gain. 2nd I flex to the push and help out...flex to the weak side and help out...only to have team melt in 2 min as the borsim on other side (Simp guy and better player) hoses "us" down. I get fixated on the T62a that I lose who flexes back...so I'm useless for a good minute...

These summarize some issues...when to be passive vs. when to get back "in the game".

Let me know what the guidelines for throwing up replays is and I'll definitely log into the community mentoring channel. Also if anyone has time interest I'd love some in game help. I'm normally online for a few hours every evening Central time (8-10PM) and sporadically during the day...

Follow up on my post above, this is a Leapord1 clip....pretty indicative of my average play. Tried to pick reasonable start point. Flexed to cover weak flank and prevent a wz getting to backline...this was our weak flank and push came....was already moving to finish an E-75 and bailed to low ground and pressed behind advance. Would like to think it's the "right" move but that's what I'm here to learn...end was ugly as a Lorraine caught me after I got an arty and finished a 268. Was trying to continue to move since I couldn't kill him fast enough with remaining HP...

http://www.mediafire.com/?pufrrdcdgmwb433

Here is a replay from 10-23-13 that I felt went really poorly. I'm probably not going to like what I hear, but I need to hear what could have been done better all the way around.

Defeat!, M103, Serene Coast, 10/23/13 12:42 PM: 856 nXP, 2,525 dmg

edit:

And while I know many will disagree, I did sell the M103 right after this match. I do like the tank, but my goal is tier X tanks. I had 300 xp left on this tank to get to the E5 and I just didn't want to bother with spending gold to get the excess xp off it on the next win or loss (OCD makes me convert xp if I can). Since the M103 is IX, there's no reason to keep it except for Campaigns when it sees X fairly regularly in pubs. No reason not to be at the top of the match in that case and I'll soon have another IX to grind anyways.

If you never want to play it again, no-one will argue that you shouldn't sell it. However you possibly might benefit from 'mastering' every tank before moving on, and learning the exact lessons each combination of speed, armor, maneuverability, visibility and gun give you.

I'm not better than you, probably, but I looked over your replay as no-one else had commented.

1. At 15:00 -25s, I looked over the matchups, and the key to the battle was subjugating the enemy T-54, in my opinion. I figured he'd go west, because they usually play along the ridgeline or use their extreme Mr.Bouncy turret in the gullies west of the trainline.
  2. I watched you turn left, following green T-54. Why? You usually spread the top tier out. It'd make more sense for him to go west, but he didn't, so either chat to him first (only other top-tier with ability to dictate range to enemy tanks) or when you see him. 
  3. 14:00 - your TD's have ignored all ideas of balance and set up behind the church around cap. Why? Because the 'outside/east' is very easy to defend, and they're hoping to rack up some kills. I'd have noticed the KV-5 in the one place it couldn't defend itself and put my head in my hands, then either gotten one shot on one light and looped back through cap to prop up west from a hull-down location or just gone directly and tried to get shots on the KV-5's attackers while issuing a 'fall back' command to him and suggesting he get arty safe if possible.
  4. 13:30 - you're passive. It's 5v5 on West and 4v1 on East - either hurt that M4 45, which can't focus on you in less than 3.4s (crummy gun handling and shots usually go wayward) or get out. You've got a great gun and it isn't in the fight. Added to that, your side is potentially pushing too far because it has heaps of support and little in the way, and you're encouraging them. 
  5. KV-5, T29 and AMX M4 45 (22 tier points) against T-54, T-44, IS-3, Tiger II and JPanther II (41 tier points). How about making it 31v41 or asking the Tiger II (8) to help them and move across to see what you can do in the middle. Either way, their top tier is their biggest threat.
  6. 12:00 - you take your first shot 3 minutes in. The AMX AC 48 is nearly dead, but the TD's in the background didn't want to push out of cover but couldn't get shots, so are now sacrificing HP for silly shots. Meanwhile the T-54 is fine - he has enough HP to survive a while and seems similarly fixated on the map squares in front of him. The three forward tanks on East are breaking your chances of success into tiny pieces. Call for patience and ask people to get into cover during your reload.
  7. In the first 4.30 you did ~576 damage while your west flank melted because you didn't have enough armor on that side of the map.
  8. 10:00 - The game is now lost - the T-54 goes back far too late while you stab a couple of tanks to death and double your damage output.
  9. 9:00 - You stop to have a think after the Lowe goes for a trip to BBQ World with his friend Lorraine 155 51 and arty nails you. Remember you're lit for 7 seconds and evade every random shell arc you can think of. 'J', K', 'E', 'L' and 'S' shapes are your friend.
  10. 8.30 - AT7 dies - you know he's going to die and can't save him, so instead of going back to cap through the middle and abusing cover to reload and avoid getting too flanked, you retrace your steps and die to a pile-on you should've known was going to happen when they didn't put and keep three on cap.
  11. 2525 dmg and 3 kills looks good on paper, but it was to the wrong targets and in the wrong place. This game was fixable at 14:10 as you saw the spread, lost by 
  12. When the KV-5 and T29 were spotted by the IS-3, that flank was in serious shit. I'd have asked the T-54 to come with me if I was really clever, pinged the map square and run. Two slow tanks easily flanked in a depression surrounded by fast moving, high pen mediums is never good. At 12:55 you'd gotten fixated on getting your first shot in and forgot to watch the minimap.

General thoughts:

• Always keep an eye on the minimap
  • You didn't know the terrain well enough to know what/where it would take to get your first shot, so kept popping in and out of sniper view. Spinning the camera up and above (or facing) using RMB would've given you LOS ideas.
  • Lots of individual mistakes were made - the Tiger could've asked a TD to deal with the SU while covering west, even flanking, and the M4 45 looked brave but died fast because a good player will know a single T7 poking for shots is likely to be the last tank of note on the flank (if they've not been hit by anything bigger).
  • First shot on the IS should've been (IMO) further back, aiming for the ammo rack + commander just below the back half of the commander's hatch (commander directly beneath this). Still a solid shot at the gunner.
  • Then you don't quite have a hatch shot on the m4 45 but instead of relocating to pressure it (slow reload) you wait for it to give you another marginal shot (easier with that gun than most). Then you don't quite check for a hatch shot on the Lowe.
  • The hill isn't providing arty cover so I'd have taken on the AMX first or used it as cover to get flatter shots into the others, you don't use your gun depression fully when cresting and hesitate on the hatch shot opportunity, then snatch at it.
  • The T34 bounces you so you can STOP and take a shot at it's hatch. Wiggling is great but you're needing to break through and get back to base, or get out of the fight.
  • You check each target individually for shots instead of tapping shift to check if you're still out of LOS on them, and can't see which target is pulling forward on you except to react, when you scan left and right.
  • You have a couple of bad hatch shots so start ignoring hatch shots - why? The Lowe and T34 both offer you the ability to put a shot downwind on them @ 10:20 and you wait for...what? The Resurrection?
  • You poke a little squarely and offer tracking/drive sprocket shots. If the Lowe was a better player you'd have been arty bait.
  • T34 tries to pressure and crests badly and in the wrong location. Oops - free hull shots. He should be plinking your hatch and causing you real trouble - that thing is a monster on the E5 too.
  • GS on the T28 - so why not pressure it after it misses? You back up into 'safety' and forget arty for a second. "Ouch", though.
  • The M103 has horrible reverse speed, so going to the lighthouse is asking to get flanked - it isn't good hull down and everyone knows you're there. Everything south was dead and everything north thought you were going north. Remember to get 'unlit' before making 'directional/flanking' moves against groups, or they lack surprise factor to anyone watching minimap. It's often worth a shot or two.
  • 2nd GS into T28 weakspot, but you looked like you weren't 100% on where to hit it.
  • Getting into situations where you can get flanked is never good - doing it on purpose is not great
  • Lastly, decapping via water isn't great as you're a sitting duck whenever you can't fire, like then.

A Couple of IS-8 Matches. The first is a decent game, second is an average to poor game. I think I really need to work on my passivity.

I played this game a couple of days ago. I felt I played well, if possibly too passive for most of the game, until the end when I really screwed up and it cost me my life, and possibly if I had played better we could have won. That being said, it was Erlenberg, and I really didn't know what I should be doing with myself most of the map. Would love some advice on what I could have done better:

http://wotreplays.com/site/425866#erlenberg-pmj79-is-8

This is another one on Siegfried Line where my passivity hurts my damage, and I don't focus enough on what's going on around me. It leads to me dying, and I did less damage than I should have.

http://wotreplays.com/site/425886#siegfried_line-pmj79-is-8

I would love some advice here. I think in general I play too passively a lot of the time. When my team is winning it means I sometimes lose out on damage. When my team is losing, it leaves me in a position where there's not much left for me to do.

Following on the above post. I'd really like some advice, in particular on passive play. I feel like I've been focused on surviving but it has left me in a position where I'm playing too passively. However, when I do play aggressive, I seem to get killed quickly and that's me out of the game.

Cheers!

If you never want to play it again, no-one will argue that you shouldn't sell it. However you possibly might benefit from 'mastering' every tank before moving on, and learning the exact lessons each combination of speed, armor, maneuverability, visibility and gun give you.

Thanks for the watch Tigeh. I've had Grape_Drink look at it also. I'll probably reread it a couple times to absorb everything you put out there. There is a lot of stuff that when I was playing I was thinking very differently than the way you and others see it, so it's great to see how I need to adjust my thinking.

M103 is a great tank, but my opinion is why be near the top of MM when you can be at the top of MM  :verysmug:

Thanks for taking the time to watch it,

Burtak

Following on the above post. I'd really like some advice, in particular on passive play. I feel like I've been focused on surviving but it has left me in a position where I'm playing too passively. However, when I do play aggressive, I seem to get killed quickly and that's me out of the game.

Cheers!

Sorry for the delay, been sick and was on orders last weekend.

The first game, your positioning was iffy most of the game, it worked that one time, but you were really lucky you did not get punished.  Your play was more or less fine until the end, you actually cost your team that one.  I'm not sure why you attempted to cap, that was the worst call you could have possibly made.  You should have pushed on the lorry and killed it, that would have kept you at full HP and your m46 alive.  Now instead of a 2 v 2 fight at the end its a 4 v 2 with one of them being you in a full health IS8.

Game 2 was a bit of a gimme with 2 extra T10s.  Your positioning was again a bit off, you were not in a place where you could keep your gun the fight.  If you find you have no targets at your first spot, its time to move.  Once they finally ended up near you you did OK, try not to show your side they way you did, good way to get penned.  If you know they are looking your way, side scrape, hull down or relocate for better shots.  Then the 704 hits you, why did you back off? Hes got a 15 second reload, you need to trade him at least one shot back, 2 if you have rammer.  The FV was just looking for a kill, so he picked you.  It didn't look like you aimed well, so it bounced and you died, remember to take your time and aim.

Baltboy

• Times played - Weekdays 4pm-11pm Weekends dependent but I can swing almost anytime between 9am-1am EST
  • Tanks preferred - Tier X mostly Batchat, IS-7, T110E5,..also looking at French autoloaders from the 50 100
  • Voice Comms - Yes

Some replays I have posted at Noob meter  http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/baltboy/1002394397/  I can post more tank specific ones as needed.

Vbaddict link    http://www.vbaddict.net/player/baltboy-na-a8c0b2be31f8724e8c7302044b2f07a8

I feel like I play kind of average but exceed my stats fairly regularly.. Consistent play is an issue. I struggle with redeploying/what to do when my teams start to evaporate\lemming hard.....mediums need some real help.....Thank you for your assistance :-)

i could not find this channel in game, is it gone?

Like all the other channels, it seems to get closed out with the daily server refresh.  I usually make it when I log on if someone else hasn't already.

usually i do this in my head after every battle, but this seems to be a right place to get some suggestion

Defeat!, Leopard prototyp A, Redshire, 11/23/13 4:45 PM: 1,284 nXP, 5,223 dmg

after this battle, i kept questioning myself, did i do it right?

at the beginning, i asked the E50 camp or take K1, he camps, due to having bad experience going there alone and get gank, i chose to camp too.

Should i have camped or went there?

At the end, after seeing a t95 is behind me and a M103 is in front of me, i chose to run, to their base.

should I have ran around the hill and flank that T95 which may posibbly turn the game around or it would have been a suicide mission?

Sorry for the delay, been sick and was on orders last weekend.

The first game, your positioning was iffy most of the game, it worked that one time, but you were really lucky you did not get punished.  Your play was more or less fine until the end, you actually cost your team that one.  I'm not sure why you attempted to cap, that was the worst call you could have possibly made.  You should have pushed on the lorry and killed it, that would have kept you at full HP and your m46 alive.  Now instead of a 2 v 2 fight at the end its a 4 v 2 with one of them being you in a full health IS8.

Game 2 was a bit of a gimme with 2 extra T10s.  Your positioning was again a bit off, you were not in a place where you could keep your gun the fight.  If you find you have no targets at your first spot, its time to move.  Once they finally ended up near you you did OK, try not to show your side they way you did, good way to get penned.  If you know they are looking your way, side scrape, hull down or relocate for better shots.  Then the 704 hits you, why did you back off? Hes got a 15 second reload, you need to trade him at least one shot back, 2 if you have rammer.  The FV was just looking for a kill, so he picked you.  It didn't look like you aimed well, so it bounced and you died, remember to take your time and aim.

Thanks very much for this. I know it's only two games, but I see the running theme of positioning being my downfall. I do agree that I cost the game in the frist replay. The more I think about it, the more I realise I made the absolute wrong decision.

Again, thanks for the help!

usually i do this in my head after every battle, but this seems to be a right place to get some suggestion

Defeat!, Leopard prototyp A, Redshire, 11/23/13 4:45 PM: 1,284 nXP, 5,223 dmg

after this battle, i kept questioning myself, did i do it right?

at the beginning, i asked the E50 camp or take K1, he camps, due to having bad experience going there alone and get gank, i chose to camp too.

Should i have camped or went there?

At the end, after seeing a t95 is behind me and a M103 is in front of me, i chose to run, to their base.

should I have ran around the hill and flank that T95 which may posibbly turn the game around or it would have been a suicide mission?

You played that one well.  Personally, I would have killed the T95 once you took the T29 out.  The T95 was fixated on trying to climb the hill and get the wtf pz4, allowing you nice side/ass shots.  You could have also just moved in and side hugged him since he was so far separated from the rest of his team.  Killing him would have saved a lot of your HP, probably kept the wtf pz4 alive, and let you either box in all the guys on the 1-2 line or have a clean shot at their base/arty.

I must get pointers!

In-game name - Bumbcrack

Times played, including time zone. GMT +10 (Australia) and anywhere from 4-7 (my time) weekdays and any time on weekends

• Tanks preferred -tanks im grinding (Tiger I, KV-13, M44) and i love my T110E5 :)
  • Voice Comms - Yes or No? I dont have voice comms but i do have TS3 installed