I signed up on the WoT mentoring post and was lucky enough to have a couple of great players help me, I recommend this to everyone who strives to play better and have more fun. My win rate has been going up and damage and kills per game as well. The info I received from these guys has done nothing but make me a better player. Thank you all for the time you guys have put into all these things to help us all get better.

Btw Swami I pretty much solo pub and still could use some help, mind if I hit you up if I see you in-game?

As an average player wanting to improve I know I could use some help. I've managed to get my win rate from 45% to 50% pretty much solo by focusing on my hit rate and survival rate, but I've hit a bit of a ceiling trying to get to 51% and I seem to have more losing streaks lately. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to schedule time to play as I do have family and work commitments which limit my time. 

I guess what I'm really looking for are some good players willing to let me add them to my friends list so I can hit them up for a platoon when I'm on. I only play lights, mediums and heavies as the TD and arty play styles don't agree with me. If there are some great players willing to let me add them to my friends list and be open to platoon requests from me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to all the good players out there willing to help us baddies! It does improve the game for those who care.  

I think as a starting point, you can consider the ones in the original thread who were willing to be mentors.  It never hurts to ask them again.

• ysoignorant
  • jdtherocker
  • Echo_Sniper
  • _Token_
  • Syndicate
  • Rela
  • dmcgill1
  • Allurai
  • TheGreenTank
  • Inchon
  • Rorys6
  • scharnhorst310
  • Whiskey_dod
  • DassemUltor
  • EchelonIII
  • sela
  • Look_its_Rain
  • precambrian
  • JunkersHiryu
  • Lundqvist

I'd like to take you all up on this.

I do well in mid-tiers, but my Tier 8 play isn't where I want it to be.

I'd be willing to load up 10 matches (not cherry picked) from my T-44 and T32 to get criticism and advice.

Just gotta find a place to load them...

Could be available for voice comms in the (occasional) afternoon (EST).  Can only do text at night.

I'm on at random times; if interested in helping, we can work something out.

I'd love to get some mentoring from the good folks here to help my game out as I venture into the higher tiers.  I'd like to think I'm a solid green, no better, no worse, and although I've played for long stretches in the high 50%'s, I'm finding battle tiers 9 & 10 to be testing the limits of my skills.  Any help would be much appreciated, and I can handle constructive criticism.

Right now my top tier tanks are all 8s - IS-3, IS-6, Pershing, T32.  Out of the four, I'm most interested in getting better as I grind the T32 and Pershing to the next tier (although IS-series heavy training certainly wouldn't be turned down either.)  Regarding the T32/Pershing - so far I'm doing OK on them, but my damage ratio is only around 1.0 - 1.2 and my W/R is holding pretty steady.  More importantly, I'm having difficulty on certain maps where I'm just not sure what my strategy should be (situational awareness, analyzing enemy tank composition, etc.).

Also, I need more experience in platoons.  I really enjoy it, but I'm in a small clan that platoons very infrequently, therefore I still have less than 150 games total platooning, albeit at a ~60% W/R.  I could use some advice on platoon composition and tactics as well.

I'm generally on during the week during 6:00 - 7:00 EST / 20:00 - 21:00 EST, and sporadically on the weekends.
No voice comms for me, unfortunately.  The only way I can get a smooth framerate on my current PC is to disable sound, and upgrading is out of the question for a little while at least.

I would like some mentoring on survivability tier 10s. I'm avaiable most nights, I have platooned with Kewei a few time but I think im just a meatshield (feel like a used condom after).

I LOL'ed.  Thank you.

I would like some mentoring on survivability tier 10s. I'm avaiable most nights, I have platooned with Kewei a few time but I think im just a meatshield (feel like a used condom after).

Did he at least buy you dinner?

I won't lie, you are a meatshield.

But you're a meatshield with a brain. 

I like that in my meat. 

I won't lie, you are a meatshield.

But you're a meatshield with a brain.

I like that in my meat.

I don't mind platooning with you..... Meatshield is all in your perseption. When you have a 70%'er on your team you can bet the enemy is gunning for your purple ass and leaving my blue one alone.

I don't mind platooning with you..... Meatshield is all in your perseption. When you have a 70%'er on your team you can bet the enemy is gunning for your purple ass and leaving my blue one alone.

I'm well aware of the risks of being purple. 

But having a blue player around me helps to alleviate it somewhat since most people won't mind shooting you over me if I'm a tough shot. As opposed to having yellow players around me, in which case they'll go for me almost 100% of the time. 

But having a blue player around me helps to alleviate it somewhat since most people won't mind shooting you over me if I'm a tough shot. As opposed to having yellow players around me, in which case they'll go for me almost 100% of the time.

I wish I was yellow, Im not looking forward to being purple... Even tho I have been playing at an almost purple for close to 10k games. :)

its fun when you get 1/2 an enemy team chasing the purple guy though.

Oh the benefits of being green with a dark purple 60day WN7. 

But yea, when I play pubs, if I see a purple guy, he's on my kill-on-sight list. I gotta win too you know, and you're in my way. 

For anyone who seeks mentoring, I suggest you make your post here as detailed as possible.  Try to include:

Vehicle classes or specific tanks you want help with.

Tier ranges.

What you think your current skill level is.  (Worse than bot, baddie, below average, average, Dunning Kruger paragon, etc.)

What skill level you hope to achieve.

Times available.

Thickness of skin.

yay!... I was gonna just post a semi-aggressive, kinda whiny post  about how in heck my WN7 and performance go up, but win rate is down... all I can ascribe it to is getting better at early to mid-game... but seem to fail (sometimes spectacularly) from mid to end-game... so... that being said... 

mid/flankers and TD's

4-7

bad to middling

superbadassslapyourmamagood... :) (wouldn't we all?)

alas, this is changing... erm... 11p-3a EST (as of 6/6)

just don't go all DS on me, and we're good

hope to see some of y'all out there soon... and thanx, in advance...

edit: vox ready... ;)

signature.png

I'd be willing to help players at tier 2 since I mostly play my PzKpfw II.

I average over 2 kills, 300 damage and 400 experience in it over 1630 battles.

I think I can help new players get better by teaching them: sidescraping, using terrain as cover, armor angling and responding to the flow of battle.

Haven't played much recently because I've no one to platoon with, and I enjoy the grouping to overcome obstacles aspect of online gaming.

I play on NA, mostly around 6-10 pm ET.

I'm french canadian, so my english pronunciation might be a little rough.

I can post on the official NA french forums to see if some want mentoring.

Might require a tough skin, I tend to be direct and to the point, some might not like that.

I prefer using skype (vanoras17), since I don't have to click to talk.

Tier ranges. Tier X heavies (I have the IS4, IS7, E100, T110E5)

What you think your current skill level isbelow average, average

What skill level you hope to achieve. blue would be nice, or at least not a drag on my team

Times available.  7 days a week, 7pm to 12pm Central time, US.

Thickness of skin. very thick but probably not as thick as my skull at times.

Voice Comms: yes

I've played arty primarily ... I need to learn how to tank.

I'm not a natural, but I do learn. I tend to be impatient and get a hero or martyr complex far too often.. I have major problems dealing damage in tanks. I bounce, I pen-no-damage, I ricochet, I do low damage when it does pen. I broke down and re-installed hitskins, but they aren't telling me anything new. I still bounce shots or take bad shots far too often. Have problems zooming in or targetting as quickly as I should. Can't shoot on the move to save my life. I platoon with some very good folk, but most are too nice and always tell me "I'm better than my stats" ... which doesn't help me get to be better.

Agonise and Tenet have helped, but while I love him I also believe that more sources and methods are better ... and I might give Tenet a heart attack soon.

Tier ranges. Tier X heavies (I have the IS4, IS7, E100, T110E5)

What you think your current skill level isbelow average, average

What skill level you hope to achieve. blue would be nice, or at least not a drag on my team

Times available.  7 days a week, 7pm to 12pm Central time, US.

Thickness of skin. very thick but probably not as thick as my skull at times.

Voice Comms: yes

I've played arty primarily ... I need to learn how to tank.

I'm not a natural, but I do learn. I tend to be impatient and get a hero or martyr complex far too often.. I have major problems dealing damage in tanks. I bounce, I pen-no-damage, I ricochet, I do low damage when it does pen. I broke down and re-installed hitskins, but they aren't telling me anything new. I still bounce shots or take bad shots far too often. Have problems zooming in or targetting as quickly as I should. Can't shoot on the move to save my life. I platoon with some very good folk, but most are too nice and always tell me "I'm better than my stats" ... which doesn't help me get to be better.

Agonise and Tenet have helped, but while I love him I also believe that more sources and methods are better ... and I might give Tenet a heart attack soon.

Some of what I've learned about aiming is from watching good players streams/youtube videos. I think it's harder to see where your platoonmates are aiming/hitting and give feedback on that. It's much easier to see from a first person perspective in a video what people tend to aim for.

Some of what I've learned about aiming is from watching good players streams/youtube videos. I think it's harder to see where your platoonmates are aiming/hitting and give feedback on that. It's much easier to see from a first person perspective in a video what people tend to aim for.

Quickybaby is a very good player with a YouTube channel who also live streams:  http://www.youtube.com/QuickyBabyTV

HighFlyer15 as the WoT tips channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRiisingSun/videos?view=0

ZeusMoltar has the armory which can help you play each tank better:  http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeusMoltar9?feature=watch

Updated main thread, made an in game channel so you guys can ask a mentor questions at any time.

Channel name: Comunity Mentor Program (I know I fail at spelling, but I'm an engineer so I'm bad @ wordz.)

PW: gud@tanks

I will be in it when I'm online

meh. I have a very hard time watching streams and can only handle short bursts of game play video. I just don't get much out of it. Not seeing what everyone else sees I guess ... then I fall asleep. Sorry, but my brain doesn't work that way.

But I've watched all the "hit this tank here" videos and tutorials over the past year or so.

meh. I have a very hard time watching streams and can only handle short bursts of game play video. I just don't get much out of it. Not seeing what everyone else sees I guess ... then I fall asleep. Sorry, but my brain doesn't work that way.

But I've watched all the "hit this tank here" videos and tutorials over the past year or so.

Try youtube videos. What really helped me back then was videos from Highflyer15. I believe his channel is "therrisingsun". I'm probably at his level now, but back then watching his videos helped a lot. He started making lots of videos such as newb guides, company and etc, but his old videos where he broke the game and his thought process down were the most helpful ones. There are many other helpful channel ofc, I think quickybaby or w/e his name is, tho I've only seen like one or two of his vids reviewing new tanks so idk how helpful they are.

This is where I like still having overall stats that are green. People with XVM usually don't consider killing me to be a priority. Sadly that will change someday.

Quickybaby is a very good player with a YouTube channel who also live streams: http://www.youtube.com/QuickyBabyTV

HighFlyer15 as the WoT tips channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRiisingSun/videos?view=0

ZeusMoltar has the armory which can help you play each tank better: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeusMoltar9?feature=watch

I mean no offense but...... A regular font would be appreciated