fablkak

It’s a bird, it’s a plane. No, it’s a Aufklärungspanzer Panther Guide

It's not a scout. It doesn't even come close to WZ if you're using it like that.

I spent most of my time in the back, drinking beer with Obj.704 and mr. Ferdinand. Snipe and try to stay alive for a while. You can't go anywhere before the enemy team is thinned a bit.

I was often shot, rammed, pushed, or simply destroyed by my own allies. The reason was always:

- "you light tank, you scout"

- "no Tarzan, you go"

- "twoja matka kurwa. I kill you"

I'm happy to report that I have found the "flow" in regard to this tank.

From a 45% WR at 22 battles to a 61% WR at 46 battles. Lost about a million credits today, so expensive, but fun. Being a bit more cautious and sniping with the awesome konisch gun (pew pew) is very effective. Your alpha is so low that people sometimes don't even bother to angle their armor towards you!

I also got a compliment from a random guy, stating that my rear antenna was a "cute tail". So it has that going for it. =D

Scouting does somewhat work in this tank, but you need to be more cautious. If you try to active scout you'll end up dead very quickly. This tank is better at ambushing enemies than straight up rushing them. Stay hidden and abuse your gun depression to get a few shots off before scurrying off.

@ fablkak

How do you feel it compares to the WZ-131? All I can see is: more gun depression, APCR instead of HEAT. The rest looks worse.

I haven't played the 131 in a while, but imo the 131 is a better scout and camo sniper while the fail panther is better when the engagement range is 400m+. I also think that the change to how camo and bushes work (which I still haven't figured out) kinda hurt both tanks, but probably the 131 more as it relied on getting reasonably close, spotting and using double bushes to camo snipe. I also think that the fail panther is probably better at firing on the move and sure as hell is a better rammer. This actually makes it a good light tank killer if you're the one to start the fight. Ram then circle and shoot or keep ramming and shooting. 

It has good armor vs low tier tanks (t5-6). Its base camo is bad, but because of its light tank bonus its on the move camouflage is on par with the T20.

The lowest tier a tier 7 light tank will see is a tier 6. 

I was also about to say that the thing about the t20 is wrong... but I looked it up and the fail panther actually has WORSE camo than a t20 both firing, on the move and after a shot... lame.

I'm happy to report that I have found the "flow" in regard to this tank.

Scouting does somewhat work in this tank, but you need to be more cautious. If you try to active scout you'll end up dead very quickly. This tank is better at ambushing enemies than straight up rushing them. Stay hidden and abuse your gun depression to get a few shots off before scurrying off.

Good to hear it's started to work for you. I found that the biggest help was having the top engine. Without the top engine you're just a slow sack of shit. It was expensive but I ran the gold fuel in it 90% of games for a fair bit of extra power. I think it made a substantial performance difference. Mind you, I got just about all of my 300 games in the thing when gold consumables were 10k silver each.

It can active scout if you're not exposed for very long, especially if you have good camo and view range set up. By this I mean a quick poke over a ridge and back or a high speed hill cresting from time to time. It certainly can't wizz around dodging enemy shells like the old t-50-2 pre physics could. But even so, you don't need to be a pocket rocket to scout when you use the terrain effectively.

I recently came back to the game a little. I'm not playing like a crazy addict any more but I'm getting a few games in. I just got the type 64. It's kinda fun, making some good money and training a pretty awesome crew. If they make a really fun german premium light tank or even extend the line up to tier 8 I'll be very happy. I was really annoyed then they nerfed the bjesus out of the 2801 but at least I had the fail panther to occupy my german light crew for a little while.

One more tip... remember to ram more enemy tanks. It's fun and the tank is built for it, just don't get ahead of yourself and ram a heavy unless it's going to be really funny.