Sign in to follow this  
xWulffx

KV1S "nerf"

If the KV-1s is exposed for more than the time it takes to aim and shoot, then he's doing it wrong. Yes, if both tanks are standing on open ground 100m from each other and can shoot and pen as soon as a shell is loaded then the VK would win. A good KV-1s driver isn't trading 3 Konisch shots for each shot of his own; he's trading 1 for 1 each time he pops out. Not to mention that a KV-1s that is hull down and popping out exposing only his turret has a decent chance to bounce/watch a shot fly over the cupola. And peek-a-booming is viable somewhere on every map.

Without the high alpha 122, the KV-1s is going to have to expose itself much more. And while the turret face is bounce (and the troll plate on the hull), they can't be reliably counted on. The 100mm D10T is not a bad gun but won't perform nearly as well. The 107 Zis-6 would be much better but unhistoric (I think).

For the record, I rage sold the VK3601H when they nerfed it, after having used it on the test server. What I  found out that in addition to the engine nerf, Engine hit points have been significantly nerfed. In my previous almost 800 battles, I received engine damage so sparsely that I hardly noticed it. On the test, in 10 battles, I got my engine killed twice. that means that the VK can be a sitting duck more than previously thought.

The "rebalance" is lame, there is no need for another tier 5 Russian heavy and the main problem with the 1S is how stupidly high its alpha is. Its alpha is still huge two tiers later. They need to just give it a 107mm cannon or so, buff the ROF and call it good. A faster, more lightly armored brother to the T-150.

yup 100%

The "rebalance" is lame, there is no need for another tier 5 Russian heavy and the main problem with the 1S is how stupidly high its alpha is. Its alpha is still huge two tiers later. They need to just give it a 107mm cannon or so, buff the ROF and call it good. A faster, more lightly armored brother to the T-150.

Completely agreed, the funny thing is in the hands of better player a tank with the speed of a KV1S and a 107 might actually play even better, I honestly think that would still be OP enough to be appealing to most people. 

I actually hated my KV1S before they announced the possible changes, i just don't like things that vulgarly OP.  If this makes sense i think the T57 is acceptable on account of its turret being made out of paper(looks cool though)/huge ammo rack but the Foch 155 makes my blood boil, although i don't play tier 10, so I'm possibly completely wrong about this.

Anyways once they announced the fact their nerfing it, and now that their at least changing it in some way (speed?) I have been having a ball in my KV-1S!  Its just a joy to play, i used to feel like a huge cock before when i played it but now I'm just enjoying the fact i actually have 1 tank that is obviously OP as hell, but don't feel so bad about using it because atleast it will be balanced. 

So to those who sold theirs because it wouldn't be massively OP and unfair compared to everything else, i have this to say   :tongue:  Mine is driving fine right now!

Why are  hellcat and kv1s OP? Because they have versatility and advantages they can abuse in every situation.

KV1sport has -8 gun depression, 40ish top speed it reaches easily, solid turret armor, insane alpha and penetration. Only drawback is bad aimtime. Armor isnt great, but sidescrape works and autobounce plate in middle does wonders to randomly bounce shots. It either needs 100mm gun (250 dmg) or mobility penalty to be balanced. Having 122mm gun on fast tank with gun depression is insane for tier 6.

If I'm not utterly mistaken, they are going to drop the KV-85 to tier 5, keep the KV-100/122 @ tier 6.  The mobile KV1s will be the '85, while the "bang stick" and less mobile will be the 122.

If I'm not utterly mistaken, they are going to drop the KV-85 to tier 5, keep the KV-100/122 @ tier 6.  The mobile KV1s will be the '85, while the "bang stick" and less mobile will be the 122.

KV85? isn't that the KV1? BUT if the tier V KV85 is true, I would probably switch to that and use it instead of the KV1 ... the inabilty of the KV1 to flex is its biggest drawback and would be great for tier V.

I thought they were keeping the KV1S the same except the gun which would be the 100mm???

KV85? isn't that the KV1? BUT if the tier V KV85 is true, I would probably switch to that and use it instead of the KV1 ... the inabilty of the KV1 to flex is its biggest drawback and would be great for tier V.

I thought they were keeping the KV1S the same except the gun which would be the 100mm???

Historical KV-85 had KV-1S armor and 85mm gun.

FTR has some news that seems to indicate exactly what is planned for the KV-1s.   I'd repeat it, but, I didn't understand it :).

Clearly appears to be that the KV-1s is splitting into two tanks.   One at Tier 5 and one at Tier 6.   Check out the developer interviews the last few days and you'll see they are settled on what they are doing.   Maybe you can figure it out better than me.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/

FTR has some news that seems to indicate exactly what is planned for the KV-1s.   I'd repeat it, but, I didn't understand it :).

Clearly appears to be that the KV-1s is splitting into two tanks.   One at Tier 5 and one at Tier 6.   Check out the developer interviews the last few days and you'll see they are settled on what they are doing.   Maybe you can figure it out better than me.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/

Look at the current KV-1S. Its gun options are: 76 mm, 85 mm, 122 mm U-11, 122 mm D-2-5T.

When the KV-1S will split into 2 tanks, the Tier 5 version will retain the current chassis characteristics and mobility, and carry the 85 mm gun (and presumably other guns as stock options). Essentially, at tier 5 you will have the option of the faster, lighter armored KV-1S or the slower, more heavily armored KV-1, both with similar armament, akin to the T7 KV-3/IS split. The Tier 6 version will have the option of the current 122 mm D-2-5T and a 100 mm gun (possibly D10T), but with mobility nerfs.

It is also possible that once the developers introduce the "alternative hull as module" option, the KV-1 and KV-1S will be alternative hulls for one vehicle.

It's an interesting split given that description.

Wouldn't the KV-2 out-derp the 122 derp on a slow platform?   I'd imagine it would start to be more prevalent.   As for Tier 5, I imagine the faster 85 MM being awfully popular :).

It's an interesting split given that description.

Wouldn't the KV-2 out-derp the 122 derp on a slow platform?   I'd imagine it would start to be more prevalent.   As for Tier 5, I imagine the faster 85 MM being awfully popular :).

The KV-1S with the 122 D-2-5T (not the 122 U-11, which is the inferior weapon) will still have more mobility, better reload and better turret rotation that the infernal KV-2 box turret. 

I can see the KV-1S/85 being a popular option, since the armor, though not KV-1 level, is still pretty decent especially if its dropped to T5!

Seriously now, I have read through the whole of the official patch notes on the 0.8.9. news on WG.com and I can find NOTHING on any upcoming changes, splits or whatever on the KV-1S.

I'll probably have to buy back the KV1S in anticipation of next patch where we may get a free tank/garage slot for the KV85 ... we'll see.

I think the KV85 will be a great tier 5 if implemented.

Any more info if it comes up would be appreciated!!

Ain't the existing KV-1 has great 85mm?

And yet another KV emerged with 85mm also?

Oh, my... Tier 5 will be more fun...

=D