perpixel

t57 heavy help

So i know this tank is OP but that just means i have to do so much better in this. My average damage keeps creeping up to my goal (3200) but whenever i get really close i derp out for a couple of games and its back to 3000.

So far i figured out i have to act like a whus and keep far (really far) back because this tank is always top-prio for everyone. being spotted means death.

But i really have a hard time doing this when everyone is camping. I have this incredible urge to push and be aggressive. This kinda works but then your clip runs out and here comes certain death.

So any tips? or maybe on the EU server willing to take me out for a couple of spins and we can figure it out together?

Overall I perform much worse than you (2.7k avg) but in the last dozen games I have found that soloing a T57 ist just so much than even in a platoon of two. You often have pubs that don't even know that you are an autoloader and need assistance when reloading. This kind of gets negated when your toonmate is around to help you out in these situations.

I believe there is also a huge difference between aggressive play itself:

a) You get into offensive, risky positions right at the beginning and try to be the first/only one to get in some shots in. I think this is ot the best idea for an autoloader.

b) You are patient at the beginning of the match and wait for opportunities to be aggressive. In very few cases this might be at the beginning depending on the deployment of the teams or special spots on some maps. But most of the time, especially in an autoloader, sufficient information on troop deployment is key to seeing/creating opportunities for aggressive/offensive play.

This is probably where my main issue is. 1) is my main playstyle. I love getting in those aggressive positions where people just don't expect you to be. the problem with the t57 is if they find you there. this means insta-death. I figured out 2) is the better option for this tank but it makes me feel useless in the beginning of the battle.

So Thanks to the stupid new player panel in game I cant work out my average damage without digging in to my dossier which is at work.

Any way I love that tank and play the top 3 american autos the same way.

Here is the trick, be a second row tank. Not in front and not a sniper.

In the 57 I typically follow the super heavies and wait for them to engage. Once they engage I swing out and flank there opponents. Try to avoid being spotted until its time to jump in and dish out the damage. After dumping a clip I always relocate as much as reasonable.

I have run out of ammo in that tank several times.

Here is the link to my best T57 game.  

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1000943200.4475640768445788

I love this tank, Hope I can have it :(

If you expect t57 to be OP as in heat era, you are wrong. Main reason it was OP was insane 380 pen with 6 seconds needed for 1600 dmg..  Heat lower penetration after nerf and unrelliability killed its OPness, now its just good or slightly OP due to solid soft stats and 2 second between shells. Imo it lacks speed which is key element of autoloader tank.

Currently running 3700 DPG/73% on mine, I still consider it OP for a heavy, about in line with the good T10 TDs. Never really saw the HEAT rounds as the reason for that, it was more having heavy hp, enough armor to make people take a second to aim, good dpm, hulldown, and 2 sec interdrum + ability to be aimed in within that time. Makes for one hell of a platform/gun combo.

It actually is quite painful to drive the E5 once you realize what you're trading off for that armor and slight agility boost.

I have 3700 dpg in mine and 2.01 av kills...i have quite a few replays in the purple poster section if you want to check them out.

I have 1 place in mind for different types of tanks on each map and go there only...unless we HAVE to flex.  Maybe you'll see some in the replays.

So Thanks to the stupid new player panel in game I cant work out my average damage without digging in to my dossier which is at work.

Any way I love that tank and play the top 3 american autos the same way.

Here is the trick, be a second row tank. Not in front and not a sniper.

In the 57 I typically follow the super heavies and wait for them to engage. Once they engage I swing out and flank there opponents. Try to avoid being spotted until its time to jump in and dish out the damage. After dumping a clip I always relocate as much as reasonable.

I have run out of ammo in that tank several times.

Here is the link to my best T57 game.  

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1000943200.4475640768445788

Would you say it is a strictly second-line tank?

I have been getting abysmal average damage (2.2k) going on the frontline (attempting to lead the team). As OP as people claim the armour to be, it doesn't bounce half the t8 and most t9/t10, unless they shoot you in the upper glacis. 

In platoons, I usually lead in front of a E50M or 50B, which causes me to well.. die quickly half the time. 

Woh there, who's saying the T57's armor is OP? The T57's armor is garbage unless you can peek with just your turret top. It's just that you still have to aim, since it has quite a lot of areas that stray shots will autobounce off of.

Woh there, who's saying the T57's armor is OP? The T57's armor is garbage unless you can peek with just your turret top. It's just that you still have to aim, since it has quite a lot of areas that stray shots will autobounce off of.

Thanks for the clarification. I heeded the (wrong) advice of my plat's caller coz he is a much better player according to wn7 :/ maybe I was being used as a meat shield, hah.

That guy couldn't accept that a T57 HT should be behind at least 1 better armoured tank. Even a e50m would have better reliability in bouncing shots than a T57 HT does. I've watched a couple of replays (mostly BeLiAL124's) and they definitely don't lead a charge like what an e100/is-7 might do.

Oh well I'm back to solo-ing again; at least now i have the peace of mind that I wasn't wrong. Thanks!  :smallsmile:

Yes T 57 is strictly a second line tank. It has good hit pool but is too fragile. The collar gets damaged to easily and being ammo racked is close to death.

I am starting to have a lot of doubts about the heat rounds these days too. They bounce a lot more than ap. Oddly the story the chieftain did on the T 69 shows that that series carried APDS not heat. So why do we get the crappy Heat rounds?

Does the T57 have to rely on HEAT spam like its predecessors to be fully effective? Or does the AP pen work well enough?

Good. I have loved this line from tier 8 up but it sucks having to play 2 games in my premium tanks just to break even for one game in T69/T54E1.

Good. I have loved this line from tier 8 up but it sucks having to play 2 games in my premium tanks just to break even for one game in T69/T54E1.

Honestly, the T54E1's gun works just fine with AP, I load my first clip as APCR and after that run normal AP and don't really have any issues unless i'm trying to snipe the front of an E75/E100 etc.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just ask this here.

Do you think it's worth going for a T57 or is it likely to be nerfed in the next few patches? I haven't started any American lines yet so it'll probably take me 6 months at least to grind up to one. I don't really want to start if it's not going to be worth it once I get there. I appreciate that it's impossiblt to predict where things will be so far ahead but I'm interested to know what the vetrens think is likely to happen.

If you expect t57 to be OP as in heat era, you are wrong. Main reason it was OP was insane 380 pen with 6 seconds needed for 1600 dmg..  Heat lower penetration after nerf and unrelliability killed its OPness, now its just good or slightly OP due to solid soft stats and 2 second between shells. Imo it lacks speed which is key element of autoloader tank.

Just got my T57

agreed on the need to improve speed on the T57.

Just not enough to get out of those tough situations or the need to flex to a flank like I have in my T54E1 (and I loved it).

@lisiate iirc, I heard it was going to get nerfed in a future patch via FTR, but I still think it's still going to be a viably good tank, it all depends on your playstyle and how you adapt to it if its different. Get up to the T69 (with gold rounds), or the T54E1 and if you like them, continue with the grind.

Thanks AirG I've decided to wait a while longer, seeing as there are so many scouts to grind through in the line, and I still suck badly in light tanks. I think I'll have a go at the TD line instead, and then maybe come back to this line later on.

I'm just going to piggy back this thread with a question on the T57. I have been contemplating what I will run for equipment, and I might not run gun rammer... and just go optic/vents/vert.

Crew would already have BiA, so overall 10% boost, how crazy am I? This tanks reload is pretty fast from what I hear for its drum anyway, and rammer doesn't increase speed per shot after the drum is loaded... so... thoughts, opinions?

Other option would be vert/rammer/optic, I have been playing around with view ranges and while I understand this tank shouldnt be leading the charge or scouting, having sub optimal view range when it comes down to 3v3/4v4 engagements could mean a loss or a win. Vents with everything else adds another 11m eff view range.

Imo, binocs are also a valid option. I'm currently using them on AMX 50 120 together with Designated Target perk. I'm hoping to get more shots when sniping, before the target goes dark again. :)

I must admit, I was excited when I finally got this tank.  

I then immediately went full tard. I assumed the perceived opness would make me invinsible. 

It still early, and I still have very few battles in the tank, but I have to slow down, make more calculated decisons. 

I love the gun control of the tank, I pen generally 3 of 4 shots, my problem has been, DO NOT charge into 3 tanks thinking I can win.

I use vents/GLD/vert, along with BIA and cola. The idea is to pump out as much damage as possible. And that set up gets the aim time down to where you can pretty much just hold the fire button down (except for long range sniping) for dumping a clip.

I don't know if people try to play it like the E5, but don't. Play it more like a TD, or E-100. Wait until you feel you can spend 6+ seconds exposed without getting trashed, and always have a way to reload for 22 seconds. You don't want to charge into situations in the front, that is how the bads do it, and die.

Very good advice Legedi! It does play a lot like a TD that doesn't (or, rather, usually shouldn't) be bush camping or an E-100 with low HP. Wait for opportunities, exploit those opportunities, and pull away before they can adequately react. The T57 does this better than any other tank. This conserves a ton of HP while dealing TD-esque damage values, allowing you to carry games incredibly well. Definitely one of my favorite tanks.