Salsaheaven

Warthunder

There is nothing wrong with paper planes. Same goes for tanks.

WT is not a fucking sim. It pretends to be a sim but with it's broken flight models, crazy tank physics and everything else the only person it's fooling is itself.

What, precisely, is wrong with paper planes/tanks? They didn't exist IRL? Wow, guess it's time to quit playing just about every game out there.

To paraphrase SerB: "Want realism? Join the army/airforce/navy. Anything else and you're just fooling yourself."

I think a big problem with paper planes/tanks is that they're added with no regards to how other nations would have reacted to their presence. Or they implemented in a fashion that disregards the amount of resources needed for their production or even the inability of said vehicles to exist given other threats.

If you look at wot, for example, what are the most imbalanced tanks? Paper tanks or real tanks with "paper" upgrades. I think with its current setup of avoiding said vehicles WT is going to avoid all of those issues.

And replace them with problems of their very own.

You haven't even tried sim battle on planes. There's a YouTube walkthrough on how to play similar with mouse and keyboard.

If everyone is playing Arcade, how is WT a Sim?

I think a big problem with paper planes/tanks is that they're added with no regards to how other nations would have reacted to their presence. Or they implemented in a fashion that disregards the amount of resources needed for their production or even the inability of said vehicles to exist given other threats.

If you look at wot, for example, what are the most imbalanced tanks? Paper tanks or real tanks with "paper" upgrades. I think with its current setup of avoiding said vehicles WT is going to avoid all of those issues.

And replace them with problems of their very own.

Good point. Which is why they should be restricted to Arcade mode. Most of the paper tanks in WoT aren't that bad really. Only a small number are seriously imbalanced (WTE100 and a few others). Often the paper tanks in WoT are pretty shit really :-)

There is nothing wrong with paper planes. Same goes for tanks.

WT is not a fucking sim. It pretends to be a sim but with it's broken flight models, crazy tank physics and everything else the only person it's fooling is itself.

What, precisely, is wrong with paper planes/tanks? They didn't exist IRL? Wow, guess it's time to quit playing just about every game out there.

To paraphrase SerB: "Want realism? Join the army/airforce/navy. Anything else and you're just fooling yourself."

A big issue I have with war thunder is the double-standard they attach to realism.

Oh, we can't have paper planes because they aren't real.

Oh, we can't nerf how strong b-17 gunners are because then it wouldn't be realistic.

Oh, it isn't realistic for the 262 to be fighting sabres, but realism is apparently optional whenever the heck we want it to be.

You want realism? You have to take all of it, you can't just pick-and-choose where it suits you and use "realism" as an excuse to avoid balancing the game, when you purposefully do UNREALISTIC things regarding game balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMsU3-hOUyY

This stuff works, but Im not gonna try it again. Try it OOPMan

A big issue I have with war thunder is the double-standard they attach to realism.

Oh, we can't nerf how strong b-17 gunners are because then it wouldn't be realistic.

Oh, it isn't realistic for the 262 to be fighting sabres, but realism is apparently optional whenever the heck we want it to be.

You want realism? You have to take all of it, you can't just pick-and-choose where it suits you and use "realism" as an excuse to avoid balancing the game, when you purposefully do UNREALISTIC things regarding game balance.

So hows the physics in WOWP? Still losing speed at 15deg without using WEP?

Good point. Which is why they should be restricted to Arcade mode. Most of the paper tanks in WoT aren't that bad really. Only a small number are seriously imbalanced (WTE100 and a few others). Often the paper tanks in WoT are pretty shit really :-)

Eh in each tier I would argue that the most imbalanced tanks are the paper ones, excluding perhaps t7 and maybe t4. They're put in the game with performances that don't reflect the reality of extenuating circumstances, as though they were developed in a special little bubble.

Funny thing is, they do all of that anyway. Not to mention make certain aircraft fly horribly unrealistically. The LaGG-3 comes to mind, especially the recent one they added with the 37mm cannon. Realistically the LaGG-3 was such a colossal piece of shit that it could barely keep itself in the air, much less handle a weapon like that. And not to mention things like the I-185, or the fact that you've got the Panther II in the game.

Their double-standard goes well beyond just realism, unfortunately.

If they were balancing the game based on realism, then the Russian aircraft wouldn't be the UFOs they are, US aircraft wouldn't catch fire so easily, and would be a bit more durable (P-47 comes to mind), the Bf-109F and beyond wouldn't have a larger turning radius than a B-17... I could go on for quite awhile with this.

You couldn't expect to climb at 30 with a game that has compressed altitude.

Also, it never claimed to be realistic.

WT fans say it is more realistic, and then it totally isn't. That's what I am talking about.

/\ this.

Picking and choosing articles of historical fact or realism is not "realism". If Gaijin wants to do this, they should have an honest simulator mode, where what you fly and what you see is as close to historical as possible.

If you just want to hoon around and go pew pew, that's what arcade is for.

And don't get me going on WTGF and it's take on "simulating" operation of the in game vehicles.

So how are the physics in WT:GF? Still getting tanks clipping into eachother, or being pushed around and thrown off bridges by smaller/Equal size tanks?

Still taking 20M jumps with no damage whatsoever and breaking your face against a little bump in the road?

Eh in each tier I would argue that the most imbalanced tanks are the paper ones, excluding perhaps t7 and maybe t4. They're put in the game with performances that don't reflect the reality of extenuating circumstances, as though they were developed in a special little bubble.

The thing is that just because it's a paper tank/plane doesn't mean it has to be imbalanced, since you have more freedom you can end up making it better balanced than if you were tied to RL specs.

The fact that in WOT most inbalanced tanks are the paper tanks, that's because WG choose to do it that way.

Hows the physics in wot?

Mostly not pretending to be realistic and more functional that WTGF. 

Y u hef to be fanboi so hard? Everyone in this thread plays both mostly, and everyone here, excluding yourself, is probably able to objectively critique either game.

Mostly not pretending to be realistic and more functional that WTGF. 

Y u hef to be fanboi so hard? Everyone in this thread plays both mostly, and everyone here, excluding yourself, is probably able to objectively critique either game.

this.

just because we say WT has some parts that are extremely shit, doesn't mean we think WoT has shit parts (arty hur dur) 

The thing is that just because it's a paper tank/plane doesn't mean it has to be imbalanced, since you have more freedom you can end up making it better balanced than if you were tied to RL specs.

The fact that in WOT most inbalanced tanks are the paper tanks, that's because WG choose to do it that way.

I think the trade off just tends to provided something which facilitates the establishment of very high skill ceilings.

...then there's the WTF E100...

You haven't even tried sim battle on planes. There's a YouTube walkthrough on how to play similar with mouse and keyboard.

If I want "Sim" I'll go play Il2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad....

Found a possible help about the download issues the launcher has

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/124974-possible-workaround-for-launcher-crashes-due-to-too-many-connections/

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/27098-game-launcher-updates-too-many-connections/page-2#entry1064588

The default setting allows for the launcher to use up to 16.777.215 simultaneous connections, which can make your router or ISP trigger automatic DDoS defense.

Just noticed the T-34 1940/41/42 have a BR of 3.7 now. Guess people clubbed so hard that it got overtiered now.

Also T-50 is now 2.7, T-28 is 2.3, T-70 is 2.3, ZiS-30 is 2.7. Stug A is 2.3, Pz III E/F is 2.3.

Seems they did something to take those tanks out of reserve battles.