Salsaheaven

Warthunder

6 hours ago, RutgerS said:

Once I catch up, we'll wreck shit together :wub:

Hahahaha, I just noticed the 4M GAZ AAA, the first USSR AA, basically has 4 ancient Maxim machine guns XD

Too awesome, I bought it. Can't pen shit though.

Yeah, AA is pretty bad for AB.

49 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Yeah, AA is pretty bad for AB.

Guess you didn't see all the reddit threads of shitty tankers salty that they died to AA. :serb:

32 minutes ago, Shackram said:

Guess you didn't see all the reddit threads of shitty tankers salty that they died to AA. :serb:

Yeah, it happens. Mostly at low tiers. But at rank 3 and above it's not that common unless you're driving a paper tank.

2 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Yeah, it happens. Mostly at low tiers. But at rank 3 and above it's not that common unless you're driving a paper tank.

I did notice the Soviet Zsu 57 having around 150mm of pen. If that can get to the side of a tank, that tank is toast.

18 minutes ago, RutgerS said:

I did notice the Soviet Zsu 57 having around 150mm of pen. If that can get to the side of a tank, that tank is toast.

ZSU is hilarious. I always laugh my ass off when it approaches my brother's Leo1. :doge: 

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

ZSU is hilarious. I always laugh my ass off when it approaches my brother's Leo1. :doge: 

Cause it gets blown up fast? :doge:

32 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Rape train has no brakes. :doge: 

I still don't know which one is more fucked. The Leo cause shit armour, or the Zsu cause no survivability at all

35 minutes ago, RutgerS said:

I still don't know which one is more fucked. The Leo cause shit armour, or the Zsu cause no survivability at all

Judging from my what I've seen - Leo1. 

9 hours ago, RutgerS said:

Hmmmmmm, maybe I should work up that line. After I've unlocked the T-62 and IS-8. Stalin's Salty Tear Harvesters.

6 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Hmmmmmm, maybe I should work up that line. After I've unlocked the T-62 and IS-8. Stalin's Salty Tear Harvesters.

It's actually "only" got 142mm point blank at a flat target with APCR.  Following the more realistic 100m@30°, APCR is a lower but still respectable 126mm pen.  In theory, you're still going to pen a KT in the side from 1km if you can avoid the tracks.

Been pondering on how good the event toys will be.  Fw 189, while it won't be pure gimmick like glorious Po-2, it looks to just be a Hs-132 that's been improved a little.  I think it only gets a 4x 50kg bombload, but I could be wrong.  I doubt it will be all to good at doing anything specific, but this is seal clubbing territory so you're probably just playing for fun anyway.  It doesn't seem very noteworthy to me in terms of gameplay. 

I'm thinking however that the KV-220 could be very good in the right hands, and most likely will be one of my go-to BR 5.3 commies.  100mm of armor on the front and sides means a properly angled hull makes it immune to 85mm guns and very resistant to 17pdr stuff.  The turret shape, minus the little cupola, is great for side scraping since it's thick and very angled from the front.  The mantlet itself is a relatively poor 90mm flat, but it is a fairly narrow target.  By the time the mantlet is showing, so is the gun.  

It seems to be simply better than the KV-85 as well.  In terms of protection, the KV-220 is obviously better.  Not only is it thicker, but the hull doesn't have those annoying bumps on the side that screw you over when you angle.  Mobility will likely be about the same, with the KV-85 being able to go 8km/h faster when hauling ass.  The gun is the same, though I think the KV-220 gets 5° of depression instead of 3°.  KV-220 has an extra crew member inside and gets a neato MG cupola instead of a boring normal cupola.  The KV-220 probably belongs at BR 5.7 honestly.  That pits it against the more mobile IS-1, giving you a choice between speed or protection instead of good or less good.

The Grant was already in as an American premium and the Lee is an American medium.  Now you get one in the Brit tree too.  F7F-3 I don't care about because I'm not grinding for it.

5 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

The KV-220 probably belongs at BR 5.7 honestly.

I figure gaijin would make it the counterpart of the VK45P, just better all around since it's russian.

51 minutes ago, Shackram said:

I figure gaijin would make it the counterpart of the VK45P, just better all around since it's russian.

Not without mah Russian bias. BR 5.3 4 lyfe.

6 hours ago, RutgerS said:

What are wagers, and how do I use them?

They're basically mini-events you can activate.

Easiest example is Golden Battles. You activate it and then have to achieve wins. Each time you lose, you exhaust one of the "buffers". Once you exhaust all of them, the wager is over and you receive an amount of Golden Eagles based on how many battles you won before losing too often.

Other wagers require you to place an input of Silver Lions. The amount you earn back is increased depending on how well you do in the wager.

Basically, it's gambling but not in a bad way :-)

3 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Get

NPCnhLF.png

(It doesn't actually get the canvas cover over the 75mm)

Nice. How is it? I have fond memories of the US version being fun :-)

Only did a couple battles in it since I need to get a few more teamworks done for that last token this weekend, but the results so far are inconclusive.  First battle in it I played like an idiot and was punished accordingly.  Second one had me bottom tier, plus I had forgotten my multi turret controls since I had changed them recently.  That one didn't get me a good feel for it either since a M4A3 105 forced me in a position where I could only shoot some marders with a 37mm.

I'd rather have an M5A1 stuart than this, but that's more because I like the M5A1.  I'm sure if the thing is top tier that it would be nice.  Playing the lee should give you a very good feel for it, the Grant just has a bit more 75mm ammo and a better turret for the 37mm.

You can pick between that red or the 3 tone camo they've also shown with that.  Winter camo you've got to grind for.  Also, I believe this is the only brit tank in WT that gets an AP round with HE filler.

I should also mention that I just realized how awesome the commie panther is.  I used to hate it, but I think at some point they doubled the turret traverse speed and now I'm kicking butt.  It makes massive amounts of RP too for crew training.  I'm just in this awkward spot where I've got a separate 5.3 and 5.7 lineup.  Would be nice if gaijin would add more variety to the other trees too.

Picked up the KV-2 Zis6 bundle today to snag some Eagles and also make doing these Heavy Tank missions less painful. KV-85, KV-2 Zis6 and KV-2 1939 > Tiger, 4502P and Captured KV-1 any day of the week.

Very impressed with the Zis6. Incredibly lethal at BR 5.3, a lot like the SU-100Y. I managed 9 kills in my first match with it, all of them 1-shots. The only thing I didn't violate with ease was the turret face of a Churchill Mk. VII.

Well, I noticed that a premium account gives +100% RP, but only +50% silver lions. That explains why I always seem rather short on money in this game, I unlock stuff too fast. (Or I am missing some other clues)

7 minutes ago, RutgerS said:

Well, I noticed that a premium account gives +100% RP, but only +50% silver lions. That explains why I always seem rather short on money in this game, I unlock stuff too fast. (Or I am missing some other clues)

No, seems about right. Also, you may not be playing Prem vehicles enough :-)

Don't worry, as you get higher up in the ranks and it takes longer to unlock vehicles you'll find you tend to have silver lions left over.

4 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

So I noticed they added T62 in WT. 440mm of HEATFS is biggest joke I've seen in a while.

I look forward to WT slowly but surely adding vehicles right up to the present day :-)

1 hour ago, OOPMan said:

I look forward to WT slowly but surely adding vehicles right up to the present day :-)

Could be interesting if it wasn't developed by Gaijin. :doge: 

Come on, 440 mm of penetration is a bit overkill at the moment.