Salsaheaven

Warthunder

Well, the T20 is now BR 5.0 and 2980 gold, as compared to BR 4.3 and 1750 gold on the dev server.

Looks like I have no reason to start playing again yet.

On 16/09/2016 at 2:48 PM, OOPMan said:

Oh I don't know, I imagine the shrapnel shells carried by the low tier T-34s and KVs should be able to wipe out the gunnery crew fairly easily...

Does anyone even carry those?  I only did on the T-28 and rarely used them.

52 minutes ago, Shackram said:

Does anyone even carry those?  I only did on the T-28 and rarely used them.

I carry a handful for when I've got sideshots on a Pz IV or something.  They don't get used much, but they still get used.

2 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

I carry a handful for when I've got sideshots on a Pz IV or something.  They don't get used much, but they still get used.

In the time it would take to switch to a frag shell i could have killed the pzIV with APHE :P

11 minutes ago, Shackram said:

In the time it would take to switch to a frag shell i could have killed the pzIV with APHE :P

You can't switch shells once loaded, so that's not really the case.  If I know what my gun will be pointed at for my next shot, then I load shrapnel.  Most rounds I play ned up APHE only.

8 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

who still has gigantic emblems on their planes?

H8XU68P.jpg

i'd say my spitfire looks pretty fucking fabulous

Lol, putting the old NVidia logo to good use I see.

I did that for a while with my tanks but decided that bright green camo was useful on only one or two maps.

Is the 5.x still the best BR range for the American tanks without hemorrhaging myself to tier V? I just got back into playing WT.

3 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Is the 5.x still the best BR range for the American tanks without hemorrhaging myself to tier V? I just got back into playing WT.

America is best at 5.0 and 3.7, but I know a lot of people don't like the American 76mm, nor do they like fighting hoardes of T-34-85s.

i usually put a single german emblem on most of my planes just below the cockpit on either side - its the one with the white circle and the eagle or hawk or something on it. 

i chose it because it looks cool, i found out later that it was actually a flight schools emblem. but that doesnt stop me using it. 

generally it goes on my favourite planes on a specific lineup, or planes that I've done something awesome in (like getting a massive killstreak) - my 109 F4, G-6, 190 A5 have it, my Ki-43ii has it (the one with the 50 cals) my A6M3 mod.22 has it, and a couple of spitfires have it I think. 

its sort of like my own special badge of honour for specific planes.

for tanks, usually I put historical decals on them - the US Star or the german Whatever its called. 

as for russians, I dont really do them. im sort of in a "fuck the russians" thing because they are so easy to play and so much better in any given tier that playing them literally feels dirty and unfair, both in planes and tanks. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

as for russians, I dont really do them. im sort of in a "fuck the russians" thing because they are so easy to play and so much better in any given tier that playing them literally feels dirty and unfair, both in planes and tanks. 

Kinda silly reasoning there mate. RU has some really fun tanks and planes. Not playing them because of some sort of misplace sense of honorburu is kinda silly.

17 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Kinda silly reasoning there mate. RU has some really fun tanks and planes. Not playing them because of some sort of misplace sense of honorburu is kinda silly.

its less of a sense of honourabru, and more of a sense of "these things are so boring to play because they're so easy"

but it is a bit silly, though its more they are just completely uninteresting to play. 

honestly all I really play any more are the Japanese in Arcade because of their ability to turn fight so well and every other arcade pubbie tries to turn fight people in their FW 190

20 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

its less of a sense of honourabru, and more of a sense of "these things are so boring to play because they're so easy"

but it is a bit silly, though its more they are just completely uninteresting to play.

I assume you didn't use premium shells in WoT either then? :doge:

3 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

Am i retarded for not understanding the BR system?

Gaijin doesn't seem to understand it either

I don't fully understand it either tbh, though I know at least the basics

8 hours ago, Strigonx said:

Am i retarded for not understanding the BR system?

Yes ;-) It's not that complex. Okay, may it is: http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Battle_ratings#Arcade_Battles

Generally, the easiest way to make it behave predictably is to ensure you're line-up consists of 3 (or more) vehicles with the exact same BR and Rank. 

So I got back into WarBlunder.

Got my BF 109 K-4. I suck at it. I play realistic.

I suck at most planes tho. Just get clubbed by Spitfires.

How 3 not sukk?

1 hour ago, FlaviFeels said:

So I got back into WarBlunder.

Got my BF 109 K-4. I suck at it. I play realistic.

I suck at most planes tho. Just get clubbed by Spitfires.

How 3 not sukk?

Play Arcade mode? :-)

The jap tree looks like it might actually be able to break my WT hiatus.  I find it hilarious how shitty they were at modeling the STA-1 and STA-2, but it's not like I'd get that high in the tree either way.  I'd also be a lot more intersted in the derp Chi-Ha if it weren't a preorder thing.  The shell only travels at 290 m/s, but the gun should reload relatively quick.  Unlike other 120mm guns, the shell itself is pretty small.  For reference of how slow the shell travels, it's only 50 m/s faster than the Brummbar, yet the stubby 76mm rounds on the T-26-4 and T-35 are nearly 100 m/s faster.

2U44zRD.jpg

4 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

The jap tree looks like it might actually be able to break my WT hiatus.  I find it hilarious how shitty they were at modeling the STA-1 and STA-2, but it's not like I'd get that high in the tree either way.  I'd also be a lot more intersted in the derp Chi-Ha if it weren't a preorder thing.  The shell only travels at 290 m/s, but the gun should reload relatively quick.  Unlike other 120mm guns, the shell itself is pretty small.  For reference of how slow the shell travels, it's only 50 m/s faster than the Brummbar, yet the stubby 76mm rounds on the T-26-4 and T-35 are nearly 100 m/s faster.

2U44zRD.jpg

I already bought the double pre-order pack. Another premium Tiger should be fun :-) Also, that hydropneumatic suspension looks fun :-)

lol, gaijin is a joke

http://enlisted.net/en/campaign

They announced a new game of theirs.  The greedy idiots are crowdfunding it, then making each "campaign" in it paid for seperately.  Campaigns, judging by their preorder packs, are then roughly 12 in an unspecified currency (USD or EUR).  Also fun things like the $1m stretch goal brining console support for the game or the 49.99 moneys pack being the only one to get you CBT access.