Salsaheaven

Warthunder

Just found a nice little guide on how to get the first shot in in Sim battles (was originally on reddit).

I think I will make the switch to Sim battles now.

So far I did all my grinding in arcade and it is beginning tog get frustrating: as far as I am concerned T3 arcade seems to be decided by the team with the biggest blob with good players. Since there is that pen indicator and shell drop help it pretty much becomes a who can aim at the correct spots faster contest. :/

The calculations in this video are incorrect. You will not connect your first shot like this, especially with low velocity guns that require more accurate ranging due to the great elevation required. Somebody already linked https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?showtopic=140764 in this thread and this is the correct way to range your gun.

2 things to add to florb's post.

The first is flanking is seriously powerfull, experiment with different areas although you can frequently get away with something as stupid as drving around the edge of the map to get behind the enemy.

The second is to shoot shermans in their turret cheeks if you can't get side or rear shots on them.

I don't see what people like so much about the Hetzer, it's far more sluggish than i expected.

Also, WT mods just made a post of mine (it was a joke post from half a day ago) disappear. No sanctions, red edit on the post or even a PM/notification saying why it was done, it's simply gone.

I don't see what people like so much about the Hetzer, it's far more sluggish than i expected.

Also, WT mods just made a post of mine (it was a joke post from half a day ago) disappear. No sanctions, red edit on the post or even a PM/notification saying why it was done, it's simply gone.

Same except I insulted somebody

That happens in there pretty frequently.

For a time people were crossposting/multiposting on numerous threads, and/or putting post number identifiers to ensure it was more difficult for the posts to be sent to gulag.

The Soviets have nothing except the SU-122, SU-85M, and the Premium T-34-57 that stands much of a chance to penetrate the frontal armour at more than 100m in simulator battles. I guess it would perform much worse in arcade as people are bound to simply swarm it because they have more tanks to play with.

Edit:

For a time people were crossposting/multiposting on numerous threads, and/or putting post number identifiers to ensure it was more difficult for the posts to be sent to gulag.

Do they still worldfilter the word 'Gulag' on the official WT forums?

Edited by _Goliard

Yeah, i know it's not new, but haven't happened to me in a while.

But that's why i rate WT mods worse. In WoT the mods are picked out of the game and paid to moderate, they don't really care about the game or the players. In WT the mods are elevated fanboys with an agenda.

The Soviets have nothing except the SU-122, SU-85M, and the Premium T-34-57 that stands much of a chance to penetrate the frontal armour at more than 100m in simulator battles. I guess it would perform much worse in arcade as people are bound to simply swarm it because they have more tanks to play with.

Good point, i didn't try it in SB. In AB it goes against tanks that can get thru' the armor, specially at shorter ranges.

KV-2s are now my mortal enemy. 

For those of you that have one, if you see a panther, just put an HE shell into the ground next to his tank, it WILL take out his ammo rack.

It works with the SU-122 too btw.

RIP panther, I might have to go back to the tiger, at least it's side armor protects it from splash damage a little.

Edit:

Do they still worldfilter the word 'Gulag' on the official WT forums?

To "County park"/"Country Park"? last I saw, yes. Pretty much gave up on posting in there.

So i just had a match where i killed a stug and a KV with a single 50mm AP shell, after battle i went the rename the replay and the game corrupted it as i did so.

Gaijin'd

What kind of winrates are you guys pulling?

120% yoloswagunicumelitealldaierrdai

Idk me and Shack have been doing decent enough though. He mostly carries, i mostly potato.  

c9U9bA6.jpg

Think we both did decent on this one though. 

120% yoloswagunicumelitealldaierrdai

Idk me and Shack have been doing decent enough though.

He mostly carries, i mostly potato.  

pubscrub, 70% solo arcade allday

Does the Panzer 3 L/M perform better in arcade? They seems pretty shitty in simulator.

3L - that's the one after the E, right? - is pretty good in arcade.

Pz III master race, they're great.

L is the third one, with the 50mm L60. Love them.

so the shell went out and hit the second?

Yep, i was gonna shot the T-34 and the stug crossed in front.