Salsaheaven

Warthunder

It's WoTLabs... That's the one I have been in. Maybe why I am ALWAYSALONE!! why are the channels case sensitive...

Did the Panther Ausf. D really have a reverse speed of 4 km/h? It seems strangely slow to every other tank I've driven so far.

Well, after checking the forums I'm proud to declare the unannounced nerfs have begun.

Well, after checking the forums I'm proud to declare the unannounced nerfs have begun.

Where are the nerfs? I have not seen them.

• Tactical map visuals have been improved (markers are more clear).

• Visual display of the markers has been improved.

• Conditions of crew lock has been changed: now vehicles that were destroyed by another player won’t be locked out (crashed or abandoned vehicles will be locked as before).

• Selected shell setup will be saved for tank re-spawn.

• Calculation of the repair time for the tank has been changed. Now wounded crew members influence it less.

• Shell explosion inside damaged tank barrel now correctly credit destruction of the tank.

• Grass rendering has been optimized.

• Several optimizations for the client.

• Several client crashes have been fixed.

• Fixed an error when it was impossible to fix a damaged weapon even though firing from this weapon would lead to shell explosion inside the barrel.

• Sensitivity of the detonating-fuze of several shells has been increased (thickness of the barrier after which shell may explode). List of the shells: 105mm PzGr, 105mm PzGr 39, 37mm SprGr 18, 75mm PzGr39/42, 88mm PzGr39/43, 88mm PzGr39, 100mm BR-412D, 100mm BR-412, 100mm BR-412B, 122mm BR-471B, 122mm BR-471,152mm BR-540, 57mm BR-271, 57mm BR-271K, 85mm BR-365A, 85mm BR-365K.

• Error, which led to an ammo rack explosion chance did not take into account the amount of shells remaining in ammo rack, has been fixed.

• Fixed settings of the transmissions in all “Panther” tanks and also the Jagdpanther. Number of gears has been set up, gear transmission ratio, maximum drive speeds. For tanks with an engine power of 600hp at 2500rp/m maximum speed set to 46km/h, with an engine power of 700hp at 3000rp/m maximum speed set to 55km/h.

• Battle mass of all tanks of the  “Panther” series has been set to 44800kg

• “Panther” armour thickness is fixed. Ausf G modification - frontal bottom armour plate thickness decreased from 60mm to 50mm, frontal hull roof thickness increased from 16mm to 40mm, turret roof armour thickness decreased from 30mm to 16mm. Ausf F modification - armour material of the mantlet changed to “cast armour”, thickness increased from 100mm to 150mm.

• SU-85 and SU-122 tank hull rear armor thickness increased from 40mm to 45mm

• Elevation angles of several tanks got fixed (additional thanks to our users and participants of the official forums!)  PzKpfw VI ausf H1 Tiger, PzKpfw VI ausf B Tiger II, and PzKpfw VI ausf B Tiger II mit KwK46. PzKpfw VI ausf H1 Tiger - from -6,5 + 19 to -8+16 degrees, PzKpfw VI ausf B Tiger II of all modifications, from -6,5 + 17 to -8+15 degrees.

• Control settings for tanks improved

• Bug with ammo load fixed (previously default ammo was chosen instead of chosen on new bought tanks

Dear players!

We will be launching an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session with Developer team members this Wednesday at 14:00 GMT (09:00 PST). The AMA will take place on the War Thunder subreddit. This is your unique chance to learn more about the game and its development and acquaint yourselves with the team behind it.

Reddit.jpg

The topic has been already created in advance to make sure most of you will have a chance to participate; there you will be able to ask your own questions and upvote the questions that you are interested in to bring our team’s attention to them. Try to stick to “one question – one post” rule, since then it will be easier to navigate through all the questions. The team will begin answering the questions tomorrow at announced time and will continue answering for two hours.

Invited guests:

Kirill Yudintsev, Gaijin Entertainment creative director and co-founder

Sergey Usik, Flight Model Designers Coordinator

Link to Topic on Reddit

Get your questions ready and see you in our AMA!

Did the Panther Ausf. D really have a reverse speed of 4 km/h? It seems strangely slow to every other tank I've driven so far.

The whole series had issues with being a overstressed drivetrain, so I'm betting they kept that ZF seven speed and just changed the final drive ratios to reduce strain. That would explain the very tall reverse gearing.

The whole series had issues with being a overstressed drivetrain, so I'm betting they kept that ZF seven speed and just changed the final drive ratios to reduce strain. That would explain the very tall reverse gearing.

I have no clue, tbh. It would make very littles sense to not provide a decent reverse speed to a tank that has basically no armour anywhere except the front, but maybe Hitler just really wanted to drive his point about "NO RETREAT EVAR!!!111evelenone" home.

I have no clue, tbh. It would make very littles sense to not provide a decent reverse speed to a tank that has basically no armour anywhere except the front, but maybe Hitler just really wanted to drive his point about "NO RETREAT EVAR!!!111evelenone" home.

Well, the engine and transmission were really meant/intended for a 30~35 ton tank, not the 45 odd tons the Panther saw.

In a circumstance like this if you cannot change the transmission, you change the final drive ratio. Interestingly this was supposedly the area of the driveline that gave the most problem.

It's WoTLabs... That's the one I have been in. Maybe why I am ALWAYSALONE!! why are the channels case sensitive...

Player names are case sensitive too, there's two oopman and aquavolt for instance.

I keep forgetting I can't crash into anything I like all the time.

Which is bad at 60+ kph

Damn that Russian Bias Tree's that take out my panther

My favourite is getting a lag spike after being chucked on EU and suddenly being nowhere I recall driving with two busted tracks and broken transmission.

My favourite is getting a lag spike after being chucked on EU and suddenly being nowhere I recall driving with two busted tracks and broken transmission.

Yeah, i tend to jump things too often and end up repairing for 4 mins...worth it!