GloatingSwine

Japanese tree announced

Source: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/19/japanese-tree-announced/#more-3309'>FTR

So, the initial tanks in the Japanese tree have been announced.  Five lights and a full Medium branch.  (Cross branch research on the tier 3 and 5 lights)

Tier 1: NC-27 Otsu

Light line:

Tier 2: Type 97 Te-Ke
Tier 3: Type 95 Ha-Go
Tier 4: Type 98 Ke-Ni
Tier 5: Type 5 Ke-Ho

Medium line:

Tier 2: Type 97 Chi-Ni

Tier 3: Type 97 Chi-Ha
Tier 4: Type 1 Chi-He
Tier 5: Type 3 Chi-Nu
Tier 6: Type 4 Chi-To
Tier 7: Type 5 Chi-Ri
Tier 8: Type 61
Tier 9: STA1
Tier 10: STB1

Those tier 4 and 5 lights are apparently capable of 50km/h so they may get scout mm, although their guns will probably be a bit poo.

Also, hilariously the Chi-Ha is going to be in the Japanese Medium tree, despite the Chinese tree calling it a light (though really that's just for crew continuity because there's no appropriate tier 4 med for them)

Cant wait for japs, while im not sure i will be grinding the heavys once they are introduced, i simply must have the tier 10 medium.

Also, i will never remember the names, everything under tier 8 is cofusing, i like numbers more :D

Also, i will never remember the names, everything under tier 8 is cofusing, i like numbers more :D

They are numbers :P

The Type bit is the year of manufacture (by Japanese imperial calendar, so "Type 97" is 2597), the "Chi" is for Medium, and the other bit is the model number.  (abbreviated, and number readings have changed over time in Japanese)

I'm guessing they will have real good guns. Because if they keep the armor thickness+angling historical, they will not live for very long...

Also, players in these tanks obviously should get bonus points for each successful kamikaze attack.

Tito

Meh, existing trees need fleshing out/updating.

I guess this will make the anime nerd/virgin crowd happy so they can put a bunch of underage looking cartoon girls all over their tanks.

I guess this will make the anime nerd/virgin crowd happy so they can put a bunch of underage looking cartoon girls all over their tanks.

Uhm, Itasha-style tank skins have been around for a LONG time, even before the Girls und Panzer tie-in was ever announced, or the planned Japanese tank line.  Heck, a regular platoonmate, Pen3, has it as his default tank skins are like this, for example:

Garage_7-11-1.jpg

The Japanese line HAS been in the cards since at least 2012.  It's just that WG has only now started to consider putting them into the game, as they have actual vehicles to work with now.

Meh, existing trees need fleshing out/updating.

You're on to something. Releasing a Japanese tree must not have anything to do with trying to make actual Japanese players happy.

Cant wait for japs...

Did "jap" stop being a racial slur at some point?

The last 30 times I've heard it, it was just an abbreviation, with no ill will behind it.  

I'm azn, 7/8th chinky 1/8th jap.

When a white man says jap it's racist.

When an azn says jap, it's cool, cuz it's just short form for japenese.

Like if you go to hongkong, everyone will refer to Japanese people/products as jap.

to7OkNw.jpg

The t10 had -12/+15 depression irl

Assuming WG plans to implement independent suspension in the near future (which would be awesome).

Looks nice, but I'm not sold until they come out with the heavy line. O-I gonna run wild brother.

Uhm, Itasha-style tank skins have been around for a LONG time, even before the Girls und Panzer tie-in was ever announced, or the planned Japanese tank line.  Heck, a regular platoonmate, Pen3, has it as his default tank skins are like this, for example:

Garage_7-11-1.jpg

The Japanese line HAS been in the cards since at least 2012.  It's just that WG has only now started to consider putting them into the game, as they have actual vehicles to work with now.

Tohka a best

When I read the title I thought of this.

Bonsai+-+1.jpg

I am just hoping that these vehicles are independent original ones & not just clones of other in game vehicles.

Did "jap" stop being a racial slur at some point?

The last 30 times I've heard it, it was just an abbreviation, with no ill will behind it.  

Im too joung and from another continent, japs for me is an abbreviation, just like brits...

Im too joung and from another continent, japs for me is an abbreviation, just like brits...

Too young to be racially insulting / insulted? I like that concept.

There sure were plenty of interesting Japanese tanks. Some TDs and SPGs too.

Perhaps 9.0 is also a good moment to include flamethrower tanks, à la Crocodile...?

Tito

I would be surprised if the Japanese tanks came in 8.9. That patch is already pretty much confirmed to contain the 2nd German TD branch. Bringing the Japanese in at the same time is more than WG usually puts into one patch. WG knows its business, new content is provided regularly but rarely contains more than 15 new vehicles in one patch. It has proven to be a successful way of keeping the players interested.

I am just hoping that these vehicles are independent original ones & not just clones of other in game vehicles.

Everything apart from tier 1 is a home grown design.

The only one currently in the game is the Chi-Ha, because that was a Japanese tank anyway..

stb1.jpg

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/03/stb-1-model-and-armor/

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/06/tier-8-and-9-japanese-tanks/

man look how fragile they are. wonder if they have good mobility. I heard they have good terain resistance.