ANTICAMPER

IS-6 Appreciation thread.

The current package that throws in a KV-220 had me briefly reconsidering buying the IS-6...but everything I said above still applies, and plus I'm not even sure I'd play a KV-220 that much.

I did Heavy Tank mission 15 (stug level) in this one... surprised me a bit to be honest but well... 3,7k blocked by armor (over 5k potential I think) 

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/golem501-eu-3ffecb647e99537fcc0f321d6e2f7597/himmelsdorf-soviet_union-is_6-32454432178739319

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1923364#himmelsdorf-golem501-is-6

himmelsdorf-soviet_union-is_6-3245443217

sigh

I've heard of buyer's remorse. Is there such a thing as non-buyer's remorse?

I wouldn't have paid full price for it.  I was able to get a couple of codes from e-bay for good prices.  I think for about $90 I got a JgTg 88, and 30000~ gold.  Which I then parlayed into the IS-6, SP and Matilda IV when they were all on their respective sales.  Not sure if those codes are still available, but if they are, you should nab them.  You can use 4 codes, and if you have a JgTG, you get 40k gold out of the deal, plus 4 weeks of premium time.

Gold and codes aside, the IS-6 is a fairly simple tank to use.  You load sprem rounds, and then smash face.  If you smash hard enough, fast enough you go cap or flex back and hopefully smash some more back on your cap.  if you angle it over the shoulder crease, you'll have 200 effective armor, even the weak spot of the drivers hatch is around 175 effective at that point.  

If you want to grind credits and train Stronk crews, get an IS-6.  

I wouldn't have paid full price for it.  I was able to get a couple of codes from e-bay for good prices.  I think for about $90 I got a JgTg 88, and 30000~ gold.  Which I then parlayed into the IS-6, SP and Matilda IV when they were all on their respective sales.  Not sure if those codes are still available, but if they are, you should nab them.  You can use 4 codes, and if you have a JgTG, you get 40k gold out of the deal, plus 4 weeks of premium time.

Gold and codes aside, the IS-6 is a fairly simple tank to use.  You load sprem rounds, and then smash face.  If you smash hard enough, fast enough you go cap or flex back and hopefully smash some more back on your cap.  if you angle it over the shoulder crease, you'll have 200 effective armor, even the weak spot of the drivers hatch is around 175 effective at that point.  

If you want to grind credits and train Stronk crews, get an IS-6.  

Aren't those 'codes from ebay' the ones that result in your account getting suspended in about 3 weeks when someone reverses the payment on them? 

Yeah, that would worry me.

Wonder when their next sale or deal on the IS-6 will be?

I wonder if I could haggle with them over it?

Florb: Hey, look, I kinda shoulda bought that IS-6/KV-220 deal you guys had. You think you could see your way clear to giving me that deal even though it expired?

WGNA Support Rep: ...The deal expired. Sorry.

Florb: Aw, come on. I bought your Berlin tanks. You really wanna refuse my money?

WGNA: (Subliminal programming activating upon mention of the word "money") ...Let me talk to my boss. Support Rep dials an emergency number in Minsk. ...Hello? Sir?

Voice on phone: гэта ноч для прастытутак. чаму ты тэлефануеш?

WGNA: Sir, this is Bob in WGNA Support...I'm sorry, I don't speak Belorussian, sir.

Serb: Then why you be callink Belorussian number. Tell me what you wanting so I can be with firing you. No callink on prostitute night is in employee orientation, borscht-for-brain.

Long conversation ensues which I have mercifully cut short because it occurs to me that perhaps this skit is not as funny typed out as it was in my head.

Serb: Letting me be doing complicated business math to evaluate deal. Starts doing Chismbop with fingers. Okey-diddley...add tank price, carry seven, multiply by random "fee" coefficient, gives dollars as...which convert to glorious Belorussian ruble as...which will buy how many prostitute nights at special Gold Customer rate...Okey-doodle. You to be tellink decadent capitalist western customer, he only buyink IS-6 with KV-220 Glorious Russian Steel package if he also buyink six month premium time package at same time. Say it special "October" something package or something. Westerners eat communist shit up for some reason. Too much "Commando Conquering" or whatever.

WGNA: Yes sir. Thank you sir. Relieved at avoiding the Wargaming Gulag, support rep turns back to support email to Florb and starts typing.

WGNA: Mr. Florb, you're in luck! What's your credit card number?

I'm not speaking about in-game gold sellers or anything like that. The codes were ones issued by WG when they had some partnership with Intel going on with i7 CPUs.

This was the original sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800985055

I saw that there are still some for sale through ebay.  Also, I purchased mine back in January, and I am still stinking up the battlefield.

Now I really am wondering if asking Support nicely will get me that IS-6/KV-220 deal.  :/

Turns out they won't give me the IS-6 + KV-220 deal just for saying please nicely.

Oh well, just pulled the trigger on an IS-6.  If you see one stinking up the battlefield, it might be me.

I don't get why does this tank have so high expected values. Not too many guys on vbaddict have 4k+ wn8. I would really appreciate some pro guys posting theirs is-6 replays. 

Honestly, this tank is the bane of my existence. I fucking hate coming up against it in any tank. Even my FCM. Like if you thought IS-7 armor was troll, this thing is like 10x worse. The side is just a zone of random-ass bullshit where a flat on IS-6 side will randomly bounce the ubiquitous 175mm shell, the frontal hull will troll bounce the french DCA 45 guns (which have 212 pen), it's just fucking stupid. 

It's the classic paragon of why Russian heavies are noob-friendly. A random pubbie can literally angle like shit and still bounce all kinds of shots because the tank's armor is just like that.

If it had a half-decent gun with normal ammo (so no sprem) it would be ridiculously OP. 

This shit, this fucking shit right here! I couldn't have said it better myself. Fuck the IS-6 and its retarded snapshotting, trolololol bouncium armor, and always-penetrating-my-soft-tanks. I hate this tank as much as I hate the Rhoomba and skycancer.

IS6 is just lolfuckyou if you don't have over 200 pen and know how to shoot.

And counting his pref. MM, that's a lot of tanks that can't deal with him effectively.

Load gold, win.  Or shoot driver's hatch, win.

Turret roof is also a pretty good bet a lot of the time.

Turret roof is also a pretty good bet a lot of the time.

Yeah, range can be iffy though.

I must be unlucky but this works way worse than the wz111 for me. Want to pen the tank? Load gold and go for the turret face. Also it gets ammoracked more than any tank I have ever tried. Even with Safe Stowage. 

You must have missed the FV201(A45). That tank gets ammo racked if you look at it cross-eyed.

The thing is anything that gets your side ammoracks you. Also for something so technicaly armored at the side it's very easy to pen. I swear I have been penned at near autobounce angles. 

is-6 nowadays is totally random to me.. i get into tier 9 matches in totally low tier constantly (like 7 tier IX tanks above me) where the armor and the penetration values worth sh*t..

i think this tank need a pen buff at least for apcr 235-245 but its never gonna happen -.-

is-6 nowadays is totally random to me.. i get into tier 9 matches in totally low tier constantly (like 7 tier IX tanks above me) where the armor and the penetration values worth sh*t..

i think this tank need a pen buff at least for apcr 235-245 but its never gonna happen -.-

To me the FCM is waaay more reliable. Ok the IS6 wins more but the FCM ends up with more damage easy.