ANTICAMPER

IS-6 Appreciation thread.

it gets ammoracked more than any tank I have ever tried. Even with Safe Stowage. 

more often than the bulldog?!
HOW?!

To me the FCM is waaay more reliable. Ok the IS6 wins more but the FCM ends up with more damage easy.

of course it is, however you can't really compare the 2 tank, they are totally different

more often than the bulldog?!HOW?!

Maybe because in the bulldog you aren't in the front lines but I say as much as the bulldog.

WoT-News just came out with screencaps of the HD armor changes. The side profile didn't change a whole lot, although the side of the turret got +10mm. 

The front got weird. The driver's hatch is now the strong part of the UFP. The turret changes are a little hard to read, but the mantlet got a lot stronger and the hole behind it seems to have disappeared (RIP taking out hulldown IS-6 from front with 17-pdr AP shells ez). 

2 hours ago, Tarski said:

WoT-News just came out with screencaps of the HD armor changes. The side profile didn't change a whole lot, although the side of the turret got +10mm. 

The front got weird. The driver's hatch is now the strong part of the UFP. The turret changes are a little hard to read, but the mantlet got a lot stronger and the hole behind it seems to have disappeared (RIP taking out hulldown IS-6 from front with 17-pdr AP shells ez). 

The turret face in its right side is still weak. I didn't even know that the mantle itself was a weakspot.

Also the cupolas will within range for the 75mm L/70  to pen on a semi-regular basis.

So I go and play it on a friends account, ez 3k dpg, even without apcr, as soon as this goes on sale again, I picking it up, this thing is beast, and those armor buffs look nice, cept the UFP nerf.

It's hard to tell angles from pictures, but it looks like the lower plate and lower half of the upper plate got a nerf at least. Stronger turret and driver door vs. weaker lower half of the front hull. The lower plate in particular looks both larger and less angled, which would be good.

Now the 9:14 update is live can anyone confirm that the is6 is now the pinnacle of Russian bias? 

My WZ-111 is looking at me nervously as I ready myself to throw another £30-40 WG's way.

It has more bouncium in it's armor, turns quicker with the new physics, and it seems that it has a smidge more gun depression than before (I might just be imagining that).

Plus IS-6 is still the best sniper in the game.  No aiming...no problem.  300m away and not spotted anymore...no problem.  Random shot into nowhere...the spirit of Stalin guides your hand and mighty hammer...no problem.

3rd game - 2,5k dmg, 3k bounce, 3 kills, 1k spotting.

11 hours ago, hallo1994 said:

Welp, first game was 3.9k and 4k bounce and 2nd mastery badge 

You know it's a good tank with 3900 at tier 8 only gets a 2nd mastery badge.