Sign in to follow this  
StranaMechty

Mountain Pass Encounter

Just look at this. Saw this for the first time a moment ago. Don't even know what to think.

jyFnXu0.jpg

Judging from our spawns, there doesn't appear to be any pattern for which vehicles spawn where, a la Westfield. We've got mediums, lights, a heavy and a TD in the west, and mediums, lights, and arty in the east.

dvX2ACz.jpg

I was in my 3002 M and tried to round the corner and make it to my favored semi-secret spot near the bridge and shoot people south, but apparently the red team spawns farther north than the 2 diamond suggests, I got tracked and had my engine removed very quickly despite the relative quickness of the 3002 M, by a T34 no less. Unless you're exceptionally fast I would not expect to be able to make it to the bridge from the north west spawn without having to fight the southern enemies.

Edit: Here's the layout of the cap circle. Yes, being on the bridge counts.

wczKoWP.jpg

INB4: Turn off encounter.

Rather interesting map, a type 59 on the red spawn got down to the bottom of the bridge before me in my fcm 50t, map seems to be rather one sided to the red team

It seems like the south team could just blitz one spawn or the other, force defeat in detail on the north team, then move on.

If you have the event that your team doesn't do that the green spawn can semi-pincer your team though. 

I haven't played Encounter on this yet so...

So far, I have played both sides once. The first time I was in a SU-122-44 coming from red spawn to the North. Absolutely annihilated the green north spawn and proceeded to go down into the trough. The 2 rocks in front of cap prevented me from stopping cap as i got decimated by 3-4 tanks hiding behind another rock and we lost by cap. Second game I spawned in on Southern Green team and proceeded up the hill to wreak havoc from above. Ended up only doing 1200 damage cause we capped before the 10 minute mark.

• I play this like this: I rush to the tip of the high area of the ice road, wait for 1 minute to kill any possible scouts/YOLO rushers(and still have the rock as cover) once you have killed the scouts, I go down into the cap, I peek to get the side shots on people in the middle hopelessly trying to defend cap. By now, if you have done it correctly, you should have most if not all your hp. You should be able to do these things from that point:
  • Kill people who are on cap on the enemy team
  • lure people to you to beat them to death

and kill people who hero mode launch off the cliffs around you and lose some 

I play it like this because it's easier then brawling for most vehicles, of course I will take my heavily armored tank to the more battling area.

Also, unlike most maps, I feel it can really be won from both sides because the other side could turn into a camp off.

It seems like the south team could just blitz one spawn or the other, force defeat in detail on the north team, then move on.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Could be an imbalanced map if pubbies had any sort of coordination.

I love this map on encounter.

If you start north you can immediately get up on the hill and start racking damage with a good hulldown tank like nothing. Pubbies were incredibly stupid several times and just stood there to shoot them.

If you start at green south you can just stay at H3 and do the same thing.

I never started green east though.

I like sniping and hanging back, this works like a charm on this map.

Played both sides with mediums

yellow north can rush over bridge and help south spawn with reds coming from red base E/F7, or camp at the stone on E3/4

yellow south same E/F7

you can stop cap by steping in and support both red pushes

with red spawn 2 i rushed rock on d3, but hesitated a bit and lost 90% hp, with fast medium its doable but risky. the rock is great, they cant rush you and it porvides exelent hull down for most meds, also side shots on yellow north, guess different way to get there is trough water

with red 1 you could rush trough watter, trough cap and left or right on D7 (i think glacier is faster and easier)

Played 4 times so far.  Started at Red 1 (per the map above) each time.

Results:

3 defeats around 12 minute mark.  3-1, 3-2, and 4-1 kills (Red to green - so we were ahead on tanks)

1 defeat before 11 minute mark.

In the first 3, each group of reds turned and advanced on the nearest green.  Were delayed, and Green capped.

in the 4th, myself and 2 others rushed the cap, got there first, held the cap for nearly a minute before being killed.  You can hide behind the bridge and a rock that sticks out.  Following our death, we lost to cap at 3-6 in vehicles.

That said, the next time I'll try to convince people to all go same way and try the defeat in detail.  That might work better - however, depending on what spawns in each location, if you get bottled up and enemy stops capping, there aren't any good approaches for Red that aren't covered by Green direct fire.  I think the push HAS to succeed, kill one group of greens quick, and then progress to the base.

But, I'm a baddie, so take it with a grain of salt..

experienced twice only with 3002M and all victories.. maybe because i have a good team or fairly stupid enemies

last game with it started as red at north spawn but went south because most of em went up north.. only a churchill and I held out H6 and carried some useless TDs behind us.. thought that we gonna lose until those people that went north suddenly filled the map with greens.. 

They took it out now. WOW! What could have given it away? It wasn't like anyone with a brain glanced at it and didn't know already it would be fucking terrible. Hiring a few actually good players to vet dumbass ideas would save WG millions in spending time designing and releasing worthless shit that they'll have to recall.