lifelessambition

Serene coast (new and improved, now with 110% more hate)

What do on that atrocity?

The hills remind me of westfield, only they are 10x as useless/no win zone/massive casualties

center of map is a crossfire death field, totally no go in high tiers due to vision/range of guns

the bridge/lighthouse is a fully lit firing range/slaughter fest

That leaves what? Camp spawn?

Serene_Coast.jpg

I have gone along the land mass on the east both times I've got this map in my M103. There is hull down opportunities and I had no problem avoiding shells by pulling back into the hollows.

I'm feeling awkward on the new(and reworked(haven't played them before just started in january)) maps. Some games i get the feeling i got that shit down. And owning everything. Next game i try to do the same and al hell breaks lose and i get focused and die in the first 10 seconds. Perhaps the pubbies don't have a routine on these yet and are still doing random shit. I actually don't have a clue.

Maybe there should be some writedowns on these new maps. what are the good lines and the bads?

gotten it twice. north spawn only. and the totally havent fixed north spawn. the south still has that camping hill, and now north doesnt have one at all. so south gets a camo advantage on west side, an height advantage. I lost both games. if this is the case then I think I might hate it more.

stop protecting arti in A1/K0

Please master of Komarin, give us mortals advice on how to advance against multiple camoed enemies with just a few destructible houses between you and them.

Komarin however, feels the same.

Except it lacks cap race element. :(

Please master of Komarin, give us mortals advice on how to advance against multiple camoed enemies with just a few destructible houses between you and them.

You camp and hope that enemy will fail and rush.

Or you bet everything on luck and rush center.

gotten it twice. north spawn only. and the totally havent fixed north spawn. the south still has that camping hill, and now north doesnt have one at all. so south gets a camo advantage on west side, an height advantage. I lost both games. if this is the case then I think I might hate it more.

Like before this is still a vision control map IMO.

North has some really good spots to passive scout the south hill, just as south has some really good spots to passive the eastern peninsula push.  Unlike the other redone maps, this map feels really balanced now, and i have actually had fun on it:)

Spent some time exploring this map in a training room. 15-20 something very well spent minutes.

Even found a fun hill climbing spot if you have a couple tanks to push you:)

I've only gotten Serene Coast one time so far, and I was in a T95 south spawn so I didn't make it too terribly far out of base :)

I really need to start spending 15 minutes or so on each new map in training rooms.

For Komarin I've only gotten south spawn so far, but I really like it when my team pushes middle town so I can work the hill just to the east of the water if I'm in a non-TD.  Not sure what I'd do on north spawn yet

I actually love it.

I feel the same. The hills have much sparser bush cover, and if you get down in the central valley even American tanks can't get depression on you very easily. 

Edit: omg blue WN7

This map actually looks great. The entire west have a LOT of terrain cover to advance, so many hills to work with. East I thought would be the "Lakeville Valley", but when I got there, there are also quite a bit of hill cover that you can stay at east of and make advance. Middle is shooting ground at the start as expected, but it's got enough cover for late game. I haven't played it in pubs yet, but from driving around it in training room, I would put it as top 5 most fun map, assume not many arties.

The big difference is terrain cover that allow you to make aggressive moves where as before, any aggressive move is punished. This map is US tank heaven.

I've had some fun running around in my T-44 on it, the western hills are good for popping out to spot/take a shot and then going back into visual cover.  I imagine it would be fantastic if you had a tank with good gun depression.  

Yep. Also north gets no cover around lighthouse at all...

I am just trying to figure out where I should be going.. I don't want to waste a bunch of games by trial and error..

I enjoy it so far, interesting terrain which gives you options. More options is always good.

Komarin however, feels the same.

It is the same, they just moved the cap zones around.

I enjoy it so far, interesting terrain which gives you options. More options is always good.

It is the same, they just moved the cap zones around.

It's not exactly the same, they made it even worse.

This map actually looks great. The entire west have a LOT of terrain cover to advance, so many hills to work with. East I thought would be the "Lakeville Valley", but when I got there, there are also quite a bit of hill cover that you can stay at east of and make advance. Middle is shooting ground at the start as expected, but it's got enough cover for late game. I haven't played it in pubs yet, but from driving around it in training room, I would put it as top 5 most fun map, assume not many arties.

The big difference is terrain cover that allow you to make aggressive moves where as before, any aggressive move is punished. This map is US tank heaven.

From playing it a few times yesterday, it played a lot like you expected.  It was however a bit nerve wracking to hunker down in some of the spots when advancing.  Popping out for shots was a lot of holding the right mouse button to make sure no one had an angle on me.

It's not exactly the same, they made it even worse.

Most of the terrain features i remember are more or less the same, the only differences i noticed: hill on the island is taller, swamp around the north of the island was changed, you can ford the river next to the bridges and they added a couple buildings where the caps used to be.

Played it twice in CW and twice in randoms. Both randoms were in my SU-122-44, once on either spawn, where I had a good time going along the far east arm and blatting folk from the side. I tentatively no longer hate this map. The water route to the no-longer-an-island in the north spawn can be a little scary, and is probably lethal if your tank is small and slow enough, but most vehicles will be able to use it as a nice shortcut without exposing themselves on the bridge.

CW involved caprushing E-100s being beaten by caprushing BatChats, and tier 9s turtling up and being smacked for 2700 combined damage repeatedly by a CGC. We haven't had particularly strong opposition in CW.