Jammore

Crew training in general

Question

Question is - When you need a new crew for the next tier tank but intend to keep current one or use the current crew elsewhere, do you train it all at once or one or two members at once?

Point is to keep your tank at least with half decent crew and train the rest and then change it or is it useless? Like keep decent gunner with sixth sense on commander and train loader and then keep decent loader, driver and train commander. For example I like my E-75 and intend to keep it and play it. Starting E-100 crew form a scratch would make that tank perform bad or at least worse. So far I usually put current crew to next tier to compensate for nonresearched modules and made a new one for current tank. Or at lower tiers I simply created a new one. I am curious if there is a better way. So unicums, how do you do this?

TLDR Train new crew all at once or one/two by one/two?

5 answers to this question

I personally prefer to move my entire crew up the tiers as I research the next tanks.

If I plan on keeping the lower tier tank, I'd just train.a 75% crew.

To players who've never played without 6th sense, this may be hard to do, but the loss of the other crew skills shouldn't be too noticable.

Seems weird to want to have two tanks at half/three quarters effectiveness, rather than the more important of the two at full effectiveness, and the secondary one at diminished. Having kept my T29, Hellcat, T-54, amongst other things, I -always- moved the crew I grinded with up, as they had the skills needed to excel in the higher tiers, and I can work with a 75% crew if I have to in order to keep a neat tank around. Besides, if it's just something I enjoy running, like a T29, having Sixth is nice, but not hugely needed, as I really dont play it that often.

Kinda simple answer.

do you want to play a shit stock tank with a great crew or do you want to play a shit stock tank with a shit crew?

so always move up your crew, if you want to keep a tank 2 options train the crew before hand in another tank like hellcat, or just train in the tank you kept it is fully elited and fully pimped so it aint half bad

Well I have a nasty trick for dealing with this.

I seal club in tier 2 and 3 for the crews.

Most tier 2 and 3 tankers have pretty weak crews anyway.

When I need a crew with 6th sense I just grab it from a low tier.

I don't think any of the skills make much of a difference except sixth sense - compared to stock gun vs elite, etc.  They are nice to have, but playing a tank on a 100% crew isn't really a substantial handicap imo.

The commander is the biggest issue, but for most tanks I can get by, and if I'm playing a tank like a scout I'd try to respec a commander that has sixth sense already, but even so it is playable without as long as you're careful.