Sign in to follow this  
Servios

How to play the Lowe?

I never considered buying a tier 8 premium, but as luck would have it, I've recently managed to acquire a Lowe.

Everyone's always been complaining about how terrible it is, but it can't be all that bad.

How is the Lowe played?

How to play the Lowe: Don't. It shits out money, but I've never seen anyone with unica stats in the lowe.

lowestats_zpsd8301bf6.jpg

Had to do it ;)

I sold mine due to my hatred of extremely slow tanks.  I just couldn't do it anymore.  When I played it I operated as a second line sniper in high tier battles and played it front line in tier 8.  Lower plate is butter (as you know) so angles, hiding lfp, and the usual stuff.

Great, accurate gun with bad dpm. 

I've managed to keep a 100% winrate in my Lowe by playing it only 6 times and always in a platoon.

I don't honestly mind it that much.  Sometimes I like slow tanks because it forces me to not rush into stupid map positions.  The gun is pretty good, accurate at least.  In a Tier 8 match the armor generally seems to work OK.  In a Tier 10 match just do more of that camping thing you're so famous for. :)  I wouldn't solo pub in this tank due to its speed.

Don't.

When it was first introduced it was okay, but a changing meta and power creep have made it an obsolete relic of the past. I've had some very good games in it, but they've never been games where I did well because of the Lowe, it's always despite the Lowe. The ultimate killer of the Lowe is that it can and will see tier 10 games. If the Lowe got pref MM, it'd be a whole lot better.

I guess the best I can say is to play it like a turreted TD. No armor, but an accurate (albeit with a slow aim time) and decent alpha for tier 8. The rate of fire is low enough that your DPM is garbage though, so you'll have to make every shot count. The turret is okay, but not a reliable bunker like the American tanks. I don't really know what I can tell you that you likely don't already know. To me it's a Tiger II that trades everything for the ability to make more credits.

..?

Huh, for some reason I could have sworn the Lowe had a 400 alpha gun. My mistake. In that case, it's a Tiger II that trades everything for the ability to earn more credits in a match.