Sign in to follow this  
Shackram

VK3601H Heavy

It's punishment from god.

Way too slow to get anywhere relevant, and a gun that's equal to a medium/hellcat.  The mantlet absorbs some shots, so it's not like you're naked out there or anything.  And the rest of the tank is OK, it's just that it's pretty average in all categories.

I played it over the weekend and I still find it to be a good tank. The nerf was fair, as the 3601 was definitely overperforming. It still has the armor, but its gun selection is now a real choice. It's still a hard hitter and reliable tank, but the loss in mobility can make it hard to react to changing situations. It's still good, it's just not blatantly OP anymore.

That being said, I don't drive it anymore, but that's more because the Tiger is so great now than the 3601 being worse.

The tank is still very good, into the tier 6 heaven with KV1S, M6, Hellcat.

BUT they made it slow, and that killed the fun for me. So i stopped playing it. I can't stand slow tanks, not at tiers that low anyway.

I had more than 1K battles in the old VK and about 700 without Konisch. But I get used to Konisch and now its alpha is desperate and mobility sucks. They changed the behaviour of the tank to something else which does not suit me. It is still very good tank, but I miss its mobility especially in high tiers. And I consider its armor kind of unreliable - sometimes I bounce many shots, sometimes everything penetrates me. I probably move its crew to E-100 and keep an empty VK in garage (mainly due to cammo and emblem on it).

The tank is still very good, into the tier 6 heaven with KV1S, M6, Hellcat.

BUT they made it slow, and that killed the fun for me. So i stopped playing it. I can't stand slow tanks, not at tiers that low anyway.

That about sums up my opinion on the changes. Still good, but not as enjoyable to play. 

I played it over the weekend and I still find it to be a good tank. The nerf was fair, as the 3601 was definitely overperforming. It still has the armor, but its gun selection is now a real choice. It's still a hard hitter and reliable tank, but the loss in mobility can make it hard to react to changing situations. It's still good, it's just not blatantly OP anymore.

That being said, I don't drive it anymore, but that's more because the Tiger is so great now than the 3601 being worse.

It never was OP.

VK3601H is unfortunately a lot slower now. I don't get to hit top speed as often and acceleration is a bit of a pain in the ass.

FYI, I have a 2-secondary skill crew (around 60% on the second) with mobility boost (clutch break, king of the road). Nope, doesn't help as much.

The HP bonus is nice but I don't think it's armor has changed.

Still a keeper cause VK3601H will always have a place in my garage. Can't part ways with a tank I played with so long since like 1k battles in the beginning.

I had to say goodbye to mine as soon as the 3002M became available, despite the fact that it was THE most-played German tank I had.  I think I played one game in it after the Heavy conversion, and it's just not the same.  The mobility is gone, really. 

At the very least I got it up to positive scores before I moved on.

Depends. 8.8 is safer, you don't have to stay exposed so often. But at tier 8 matches it lacks penetration. Konisch is much more reliable in terms of hitting and penetrating.

88mm forces you into short engagements ranges not because of accuracy but because of penetration.

While 75mm Koenisch will go through anything you meet at tier 6/7 at almost any range.

Also gold shells of the 88mm are utter garbage, while the 220+ 75mm APCR of the Koenisch are godly. Just an example out of the blue: I was very frustrated at a long streak of bad pubbies, and worse decision-making by me, coupled with bad MM (very often BT +2, and when BT +1 usually 7-10 tier +1 tanks and none tier -1...). I got frustrated and angry, so the last BT+2 game i hade (BT8 in the VK36) when the pubbies collapsed AGAIN i just went "Fuck it, imma go full APCR", loaded my 23 APCR shells, and utterly crushed a too confident IS3 before he realized he should have pulled back, and then proceeded to smash the face of a KV4 against a roc (repeatedly) before finally being taken down. Had about 800 damage before i switched to APCR going full #YOLO, ended the game with 3100. Ridiculous.

The IS3 was killed in straight face to face combat, 1000 hp left vs 700 for me. He litterally fled in terror after bouncing his second shot.

I've been having a hard time coming to terms with the new tank. It is a different tank, and certainly worse. The Konisch was the glory of the 3601, making it good, but the alpha nerf is just sad. They took away the decent mobility of the tank, which just forces inadvisable situations/placing.

They killed a good tank, and made it just so-so. Its really sad, because it was my favorite tank. I'll probably be selling it soon.

This was my most played tank, although the Tiger H is catching up quickly. I sold it about a week ago, and only because the crew was ready for the move to the KT (because of the VK's switch from medium to heavy, I know have two good German heavy crews).

I think if someone came to this tank in 8.8 and had never played the old VK 3601 you will find it to be quite good and enjoyable. I've played about a dozen games with it as a heavy and did fine. Post 8.8 I found it played a lot like how you are supposed to play the new Tiger H. I would say it's now a proper 'training' tank for the Tiger H. Konish gun is still the best choice imo, but I generally prefer DPM over Alpha, and the short 88 is practically russian in its ability to bounce a target at exactly the wrong moment.

Those of us who played this tank pre-8.8 and knew it to be the King of Magnificent YOLOs will of course miss the ridiculous limits you could push it too and the glory that often ensued.

In his glorious poasting history FlorbNarb defended heat in tier 5 tanks, he defended vk3601 konisch  and now he defends kv1s and hellcat as balanced. While it works on official forum and gathers many supporters, here it wont get him very far...

In his glorious poasting history FlorbNarb defended heat in tier 5 tanks, he defended vk3601 konisch and now he defends kv1s and hellcat as balanced. While it works on official forum and gathers many supporters, here it wont get him very far...

The only thing that made the Konisch appear OP was the fact that the AP round was so bad that everybody ran 100% gold or close to it.

Once they buffed the AP round to usability and people actually started shooting it, do you really think the AP round was OP? Seriously?

105 HEAT needed a nerf but got the wrong nerf.

KV-1S and M18 are not hard to defeat; sorry if you're having trouble with them, but this is the right place to ask people for help. Good luck!

The only thing that made the Konisch appear OP was the fact that the AP round was so bad that everybody ran 100% gold or close to it.

Once they buffed the AP round to usability and people actually started shooting it, do you really think the AP round was OP? Seriously?

105 HEAT needed a nerf but got the wrong nerf.

KV-1S and M18 are not hard to defeat; sorry if you're having trouble with them, but this is the right place to ask people for help. Good luck!

Once again, 2.5 kills and 1700 avg damage isn´t OP? Have you seen hammer´s stats with the 3601? LiannaSilverwind´s? You ahev to be kidding yourself dude...

Once again, 2.5 kills and 1700 avg damage isn´t OP? Have you seen hammer´s stats with the 3601? LiannaSilverwind´s? You ahev to be kidding yourself dude...

Are they running all gold? Because if so, their results are irrelevant. What gun DOESN'T look OP with a full-gold ammo load?