Sign in to follow this  
Shackram

VK3601H Heavy

I actually started a German medium line SPECIFICALLY to get the VK3601H when I read on FTR that they were changing the AP round damage from 65 to 165.  When I saw the pen and ROPF, plus the armor and HP for a tier 6 medium, I knew it would be a good tank.  I ground up too late however and had to go sideways 8K xp from the 3001H.  It was worth it, and I had great success (for me at least) with it.  The tank was better than my skill level, that much I am sure of.  I have played it 6 or 7 times since the last patch, and it is really not the same tank.  It no longer exceeds my skill level, not that it is a bad tank, but it has no advantage for me to play and hence I don't play it. 

I started the Tiger H line out of curiosity, and was pleased with it's gun performance and it's ability to soak up hits and keep playing.  I will keep the Tiger H for a while, and when I research the Tiger II, I will sell of the VK3601 and put it's crew into the Tiger II.  Like a previous poster, my new tank crush is for the "Manther", I love the way the VK30.02M handles, it just feels right driving around city or field.  It has replaced the 3601 as my feel good tank in my garage.

Right now im hating this tank.  But ill give it this, i think it might be the equivalent of a Hellcat for Low-skill floor/high skill ceiling, except instead of camo/alpha/flexing, its completely about setting up in good area as a high pen/dpm sniper.  That or maybe being a proper 2nd line support tank.  I started replaying this tank today because i loved the Konisch.  Maybe its just the impression from pre-nerf.

This stupid crummy turd tank alone has completely yellowed out my weekly stats (I plummeted from 1300 wn7/ 1100 eff, to 1100 wn7 800eff)  edit: blah blah blah wall of text blah blah

I think if you can figure this tank out it opens up techniques for making The Tigers and Panthers/E50 usable, which is a wonderful idea.  But right now all its telling me is F slow German sniper tanks.

MAJOR EDIT: Apperently the key to doing well in this tank is posting terrible things about it in forums (and then editing them), then all the sudden its amazing and loves you, fucking sado-masichist tank this is

In his glorious poasting history FlorbNarb defended heat in tier 5 tanks, he defended vk3601 konisch and now he defends kv1s and hellcat as balanced. While it works on official forum and gathers many supporters, here it wont get him very far...

What was ever OP about Konish **AP** rounds, please? The Konisch once had the reputation of being OP purely because the old AP round was so bad everybody fired 100% APCR.

What was ever OP about Konish **AP** rounds, please? The Konisch once had the reputation of being OP purely because the old AP round was so bad everybody fired 100% APCR.

The old Konisch was OP because not only did the APCR offer higher pen, but it also did more damage. It was truly pay to win.

The old Konisch was OP because not only did the APCR offer higher pen, but it also did more damage. It was truly pay to win.

But the APCR round wasn't OP either.  People spamming 100% APCR made it appear OP.  I could do that with a zillion guns in the game.  A Jumbo could run around shooting 100% 76mm APCR and have higher pen than a KV-1S.

Also - your logic is that the Konisch was OP because its AP round was UP?

Just going back to this after having a terrible string of games followed by mild reflection and then a decent (1500+ damage) string of games.  Now that this tank is changed what do you guys consider good games, or good averages?  Ideally listed something like "Good, Great, Excellent"  I would presume 1500 is decent, 1800 is good, and 2100+ is ideal nowadays.  Comments?

Just going back to this after having a terrible string of games followed by mild reflection and then a decent (1500+ damage) string of games. Now that this tank is changed what do you guys consider good games, or good averages? Ideally listed something like "Good, Great, Excellent" I would presume 1500 is decent, 1800 is good, and 2100+ is ideal nowadays. Comments?

My 3601 performs roughly as well as my other Tier 6 heavies, but for some reason I've never achieved a single Top Gun in it. Can't even begin to guess why.

An 1800 damage match is good. 2500 damage is fantastic.

My 3601 performs roughly as well as my other Tier 6 heavies, but for some reason I've never achieved a single Top Gun in it. Can't even begin to guess why.

An 1800 damage match is good. 2500 damage is fantastic.

I have an anecdotal theory / belief that high RoF guns on higher tier tanks will get less Top Guns because they 'whittle down' the enemy, leaving more opportunities / chances for others to get the kill shots. I had the same problem with the VK 3601(running Konisch), Panther and Tiger H. But I have lots of confederate medals on those tanks (iirc).

Just a thought.

I have an anecdotal theory / belief that high RoF guns on higher tier tanks will get less Top Guns because they 'whittle down' the enemy, leaving more opportunities / chances for others to get the kill shots. I had the same problem with the VK 3601(running Konisch), Panther and Tiger H. But I have lots of confederate medals on those tanks (iirc).

Just a thought.

Could be, but then I have a few 9-kill matches in my M6.

The short 88 is a good gun, almost as good as the American 90mm, but it does have pretty meh pen for an HT gun. Workable, but some tanks will simply have to be flanked. A Jumbo will give an 88-equipped 3601 driver into a fit of rage.

My experience with the VK36.01H is that this tank has become largely irrelevant. At tier 6 most of the time the battle is over before you get anywhere. In tier 8 battles there is just nothing to do since you are not a thread to anyone.

I have to agree.  Without gold, the Konisch is not OP.   It's just a very good gun at tier 6. 

I understand there is a tier 5 tank that has it now?  At t-5 it might be OP. 

Actually, in my VK3001H I tried to run it and decided not to. It didn't fit my playstyle (breakthrough/flanking heavy), so I run the L/70. Probably going to switch back in the 3601H, though, since I'm not sure about trusting a tier 6 gun in a tier 8 match... actually, I just don't.

Edit: Tried the Konisch again. Insert McDonald's catchphrase here. I was playing it wrong before, now I have my ace tanker and one 1.5K+ damage game. That thing is trollishly good at Tier 5.

Edited by SheVa9

I guess there was a gun change on the VK 36.01 H, I don't see a Konisch gun on it at all and I am about to unlock it. 

So for the sake reading info in this thread: 7.5/5.5 cm Waffe = Konisch?

This is by far the best T6 HT for me, maybe on par with M6. Have similar count of battles on both (played it only as a heavy). I always (try to) hit weakspots with 88, because it can trollishly bounce even off lolarmor when you rly don´t need to. My best is 9 kills and 2635 dmg iirc, it´s able to dish out solid dmg no matter the tier. I didn´t even run gold ammo in it, but now I loaded at least 6 pieces for brawl encounters with higher tiers...Sure it´s slow, has bad armor and lolmantlet which often lets you down, but it can also be incredibly trollish often bouncing shots from KV1S - good 4 U...I´ve got my first Marks of Excellence on this tank. Btw be absolutely sure your team holds its ground on other flanks before you move forward, because you won´t be able to return and decap. I usually go for a brawl, help to break through the flank and then retreat to wank around the base if I see my team´s failing at other areas. Maybe it could be called quasi-flexing or cripple-flexing :P

Thinking bout playing this tenk again, how slugish is it, and also how is the gun on it?

It's pretty sluggish, you'll want to use either the Waffle gun (7.5/5.5 Waffe) or the short barrled 88.

The Waffle is good DPM, good accuracy, good pen, good for sniping, but low Alpha.

The 88 is good alpha, mediocre pen, and great for brawling.

The tank is still very good, into the tier 6 heaven with KV1S, M6, Hellcat.

BUT they made it slow, and that killed the fun for me. So i stopped playing it. I can't stand slow tanks, not at tiers that low anyway.

thats basically what kills it for me a well,funny the better i get the more i hate slow tanks

I've realised that the main reason why i don't like this tank anymore is i've been spoiled by playing it before the nerf with med mobility and the 165 alpha koenisch.