Shackram

Fuck you, Jingles.

Well, that's your personal fucking problem, mate, but not by any distance the point of this debate. What you do or don't like is none of my concern, and it shouldn't be brought up in an argument based on reasoning. We were talking about personal preferences, that is not a personal preference that has to do with gameplay.

Maybe your thinking differs from his (probably), but that is no reason to call the man a tard. Your comment would award you the same reputation, but I don't call you a tard because I don't know you, you may be an actual nice guy who's just pissed and says stupid things in anger.

To paraphrase Allurai (or is it Ziddy?), your first two arguments with Antonio are the best ones. 

Well, that's your personal fucking problem, mate, but not by any distance the point of this debate. What you do or don't like is none of my concern, and it shouldn't be brought up in an argument based on reasoning. We were talking about personal preferences, that is not a personal preference that has to do with gameplay.

Maybe your thinking differs from his (probably), but that is no reason to call the man a tard. Your comment would award you the same reputation, but I don't call you a tard because I don't know you, you may be an actual nice guy who's just pissed and says stupid things in anger.

See? Pubbies can't tell when people are joking.

Hmmm Kewei makes a good point about being best for pubs and low skill floor, but even then I would say T-150 would be better.

Not really, the Tog II only soaks damage at the hands of an average pubbie. If the game devolves into a stalemate (which, 80% of the time, it does), the hitpoint advantage disappears as it's only use is in a full frontal attack in which it soaks damage from big guns and frees up other tanks in your team to do their thing.

Can pubbies accomplish any of this? Nope. So I'd say the Tog is pretty useless. Kewei was just trying to be Kewei.

While we're at it, Spanish is just poor man's Italian.

Epic Agreed.

Also, Fernando Alonso: great Spaniard, or greatest Spaniard? Or is he merely the second-best Alonso, after Xabi Alonso. And where does Rafa Nadal stand in this whole debate?

Also, Fernando Alonso: great Spaniard, or greatest Spaniard? Or is he merely the second-best Alonso, after Xabi Alonso. And where does Rafa Nadal stand in this whole debate?

One step down from Vettel, like everyone else....

The only good Spaniard is a dead Spaniard.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you keel my father, prepare to die.

One step down from Vettel, like everyone else....

Nadal drives in F1?

Having a platoonmate in QB who plays ultra aggressive to entertain his viewers enables countless opportunistic shots that wouldnt be there normally otherwise.

So he has no idea how to entertain? Got it, putting him on the long list of people who are "physically unable to understand how to engage an audience" list. 

Back on topic, if it weren't for streamers/entertainers like QB, I wouldn't be here, and I would still be a pubbie arguing about Russian bias and how the Comet is one of the worst tanks I've ever owned.

I can't speak for Jingles, because I've watched very few of his videos. They're too long and I know from watching him on QB's channel that he's not really that good, just an interesting and pleasant fellow. QB is a good player, who plays ultra-aggressively for the sake of entertainment. No matter what you think about him, he has the stats to back up that he's not an idiot.

Is he the best player out there? The best player I've ever watched? No. Not at all. Especially now that I've improved as much as I have, I can tell when he does or says something stupid. It's not that common an occurrence, but it does happen. Personally I find him to be very strong at playing the game with what he brings into it, but I often disagree with the comments he has about the meta of the game such as choosing optics/binocs or his opinion on the overall quality of certain tanks. 

The point I'm trying to make here is that for an average player wanting to learn to get good, watching him play and hearing why he does what he does is incredibly enlightening. Again, were it not for me on a whim one day deciding to watch some guy play WOT one day, I would still be the God awful pubbie I once was. Overall for QB at least, who as I understand it is the most popular streamer in terms of raw viewers, does far more good than he does harm. He plays well and often speaks what he's thinking, making it easy to understand why he's doing well.

As for the 20pdr debate, he doesn't use the 20pdr anymore. I can see why somebody might prefer it, because I do enjoy myself some mad DPS, but the L7A1 offers far more versatility at the cost of raw DPM.

Again, playing ultra-aggressively just to 'entertain' is not actually a good way to do that. It is literally an admission you have no idea how to engage your audience and calling pretty much any of the streamers 'entertainers' severely undervalues that word.

Nadal is likely a doping cheat like Armstrong. If he is, then he has no place in the debate.

How to start a eu shitstorm: start a nationalistic argument about soccer.

Stop calling it soccer! It's called football! Find a new name for your bastard child of European football and rugby. Besides what kind of sport is that where players are so delicate that they need bodyarmor.

-------------------------------

That much for the trolling.

In my opinion all that critique against Jingles and QuickyBaby is over the top. Jingles is good advice for 70% of the playerbase in WoT. More importantly, he has humor and is pleasant to watch. QuickyBaby is in my opinion a bit boring, but he makes up for it with better quality.

Otherwise some of his fans will try to copy him blindly and then go "but Jingles did it!" when they screw up, which will make other players angry at him for giving those fans the idea.

I have yet to see a pubbie who blamed a mistake on advice Jingles or QB gave.

Streamers/youtubers can be a useful ressource for most players. The smart ones will take the suggestions of youtubers under consideration and weigh them against other opinions and most importantly their own experiences rather than follow them blindly. Those who don't are too dumb to ever become good players anyway.

Also, I am starting to wonder whether it is partly due to jealousy that some super-unicums come out against Jingles and QB so vehemently: "They are worse than me! They don't deserve the fame!" Well you can change that - start youtubing yourself and give better advice. I for one would be grateful.

start youtubing yourself and give better advice. I for one would be grateful.

I would love that very much. And then some.

The only downside is that watching someone like EJ when he is streaming that I realise I am a mere scrub. :(

But I don't mind that too much as long as I learn something watching it. So please dear super-unicums; stream.

Again, playing ultra-aggressively just to 'entertain' is not actually a good way to do that. It is literally an admission you have no idea how to engage your audience and calling pretty much any of the streamers 'entertainers' severely undervalues that word.

Even when he mucks up, it's much more interesting to watch him try. When it works, it works. When it doesn't, he'll usually sit and explain for a minute why he shouldn't have done whatever crazy thing he just did and then goes into detail about what he should have done. Plus it's just funny to watch somebody's "clever" idea get shut down in seconds.

I'd much rather watch him maneuver around, trying his best to exploit holes in the enemy placement with a fast medium than watch him sit on a hill and rack up 5k damage and 5 kills by doing nothing other than shooting. Thus, I watch his streams because they fun, interesting, and he has a pretty good grasp of how to play.

If I wanted to watch a stream with the explicit goal of trying to get good, I would watch somebody who's more knowledgeable, but dry, like EJ. If I want some light hearted fun and want to watch somebody who is both an entertaining personality and also reasonably good at the game, I'll watch QB. That's all there is to it. I'm not always in the mood for a clinical dissection of how to exploit pubbies and the best tanks in the game. Both are engaging for different reasons.

I think your argument is that the two are not mutually exclusive, and that's probably true. However, I personally haven't come across somebody who effectively combines top, top level play while also being very entertaining in that hard to describe and personal to the individual "fun" way. If you have recommendations, feel free to throw them out there.