Shackram

Fuck you, Jingles.

typical Euro-snob that doesn't realize the term 'soccer' was invented and properly used by the English  long before the Americans had their own version of football.

It's still football.

Also, I am starting to wonder whether it is partly due to jealousy that some super-unicums come out against Jingles and QB so vehemently: "They are worse than me! They don't deserve the fame!" Well you can change that - start youtubing yourself and give better advice. I for one would be grateful.

I don't watch either of them so I can't really comment on how they're doing. But if they're giving out wrong info to the mass, then what's the problem of getting called out for it? They voluntarily put their game play and opinions in public view and should be expecting this.

Highflyer15, who backed when I watched him was only 57% global and I still recommend his old videos to people I come across. There is no mentality of "he had worse stats than me when he made these videos so they're worthless". Plenty of us either don't care for e-fame or already have enough from wotlab, tourney stream and etc. Antonio is a dick, but I highly doubt it's due to jealousy of e-fame consider what team he's on. Crab already got a massive following group and sr diagnose for fun. We just don't like misinformation or bad advise taken as truth. Would the game be better if every pubbie is like QB?

Yes. But the bad advise such as gun choice is easy to learn, while not so much everything else that make QB play above the pubbies.

I though American football was a reference to the size of the ball. If it was called football in the same way as soccer is then it should be called "handegg".

TBH ruby is superior to both and Auzzie rules is awesome  too.

Both are engaging for different reasons.

I think your argument is that the two are not mutually exclusive, and that's probably true. However, I personally haven't come across somebody who effectively combines top, top level play while also being very entertaining in that hard to describe and personal to the individual "fun" way. If you have recommendations, feel free to throw them out there.

Neither are terribly engaging at all, there is an old trick to testing the ability to engage your audience if you want to see for yourself: Stop watching the video, just have the audio going and use it as background noise for some other task. If it is engaging, you'll remember key moments, if it isn't, you will remember little if anything.

The only person who does what you request is me and I don't stream because there is no money worth going after in it.

Before we abandon ship I'd like to add that watching (too much of) QuickyBaby in his Cromwell really ruined the fun for me. His ultra-agreessive antics somehow set my path as a kamikaze fail in this tank. 175 games, 52% WR and less than 600DPG. F U QuickyBaby.

Jingles is no unicum and he never claimed to be one. Like what's been pointed out before in the thread he's a community broadcaster doing a damned fine job. Others like SilentStalker and Daigensui also comes to mind - they all have low 50%+ WR and arn't bothered by it, it is not what makes them likeable anyway

Trashing Jingles is the WoT equivalent of trashing David Attenborough because he has, A. never done original research on the subject he preaches, B. probably won't survive in the wild as long as Bear Grylls armed with a twig

Others like SilentStalker and Daigensui also comes to mind - they all have low 50%+ WR and arn't bothered by it, it is not what makes them likeable anyway

Who likes them again?

There's this really fucking weird "fandom" or whatever surrounding these names like "quickbaby" or "jingles" that I find to be really super lame. 

Jingles is no unicum and he never claimed to be one. Like what's been pointed out before in the thread he's a community broadcaster doing a damned fine job.  of propagating a bunch of bullshit.

Perfect. I'm glad you noticed why most of us think Diagansu is a retard.

Neither are terribly engaging at all, there is an old trick to testing the ability to engage your audience if you want to see for yourself: Stop watching the video, just have the audio going and use it as background noise for some other task. If it is engaging, you'll remember key moments, if it isn't, you will remember little if anything.

The only person who does what you request is me and I don't stream because there is no money worth going after in it.

That sounds a little bit strange; I mean, doesn't it also depend heavily one what you're doing while listening to it in the background? I suppose you might have meant do some kind of "menial task". 

Perfect. I'm glad you noticed why most of us think Diagansu is a retard.

The same reason why we have comedians who basically make laughing stock out of themselves.

Daigen/Kankou/Sumeragi is an expert of self promotion on par with Garbad, albeit in a different direction.

Let's say it this way: the biggest problem Jingles has is that he's still an average player, but he has a monstrous subscriber base and credibility on YouTube. But that leads to many people listening to what he says like it's God's word or something, and that leads to many problems because most of the times Jingles has poor foresight and decision-making abilities... But more than that, his "This is a good game" videos are terrible, they showcase people playing pretty terribly who survive due to massive amounts of luck, and, what's worse, most of the time they are poor to terrible team players...

All in all, Jingles is pretty entertaining to watch, has a pleasant voice, and it's funny most of the time. Heck, i watch most of his videos when i can't play, just because i like the way he speaks! xD

But do NOT, EVER, take his advices as granted. They are mostly good but very limited in scope, and sometimes outright bad.

If you're an average pubbie they might work to get you past 50%, even past 53% probably. But if you REALLY want to improve, look elsewhere.

And, in the end, i will keep watching Jingles' videos because, heck, who cares? I don't listen to his advices, but his videos are good anyway.

The same reason why we have comedians who basically make laughing stock out of themselves.

Daigen/Kankou/Sumeragi is an expert of self promotion on par with Garbad, albeit in a different direction.

more like pretending to know shit and getting a bunch of retards to beleive it.

more like pretending to know shit and getting a bunch of retards to beleive it.

To be brutally honest, RDDT is guilty of running these triple TOG platoons once in a while. Everybody knows that three TOGs are a joke but once someone in the platoon picks a TOG we'd all do it for the ensuring giggles. We try to adapt to situations the best we could - usually split up with one not too far from base in case things go awry - still we'd lost more games than otherwise.

Dear wotlabs, be very mad at us if you have to but please leave poor jingles alone - how did OP arrive at this infallible logic I have no idea

Noob TOG platoon fails = Jingles caused it, [insert expletive] jingles

Yeah right, give the same people three Foch 155s (which we all agree is slightly OP) and they will land face first, who are you going to blame then?

Before we abandon ship I'd like to add that watching (too much of) QuickyBaby in his Cromwell really ruined the fun for me. His ultra-agreessive antics somehow set my path as a kamikaze fail in this tank. 175 games, 52% WR and less than 600DPG. F U QuickyBaby.

That's not quickybaby's tactics failing, that's just you being unable to pull them off.

Jingles is no unicum and he never claimed to be one. Like what's been pointed out before in the thread he's a community broadcaster doing a damned fine job. Others like SilentStalker and Daigensui also comes to mind - they all have low 50%+ WR and arn't bothered by it, it is not what makes them likeable anyway

I had no idea anybody liked them.

Jingles is good, but is in no position to give advice, it'd be like taking medical advice on how to perform surgery from a Nurse, probably better than the average person, but in no way qualified, some of the things he says is just plain wrong (lol, TOG)

Silentstalker at least reports objectively most of the time and who cites sources for objective information.

Daigensui is a retard who promotes misinformation and perpetuates the cycle of retardation, and should be shut down at all costs.

Trashing Jingles is the WoT equivalent of trashing David Attenborough because he has, A. never done original research on the subject he preaches, B. probably won't survive in the wild as long as Bear Grylls armed with a twig

For the record, David Attenborough studied Natural Sciences at Cambridge (at the time the No. 1 University in the world), which is kind of a big deal.

I do use Quickybaby to act as a second opinion of tanks I don't have but am considering pushing for (e.g. Caernavon), but my calls on tanks are almost always my judgement.

To be brutally honest, RDDT is guilty of running these triple TOG platoons once in a while. Everybody knows that three TOGs are a joke but once someone in the platoon picks a TOG we'd all do it for the ensuring giggles. We try to adapt to situations the best we could - usually split up with one not too far from base in case things go awry - still we'd lost more games than otherwise.

Dear wotlabs, be very mad at us if you have to but please leave poor jingles alone - how did OP arrive at this infallible logic I have no idea

Noob TOG platoon fails = Jingles caused it, [insert expletive] jingles

Yeah right, give the same people three Foch 155s (which we all agree is slightly OP) and they will land face first, who are you going to blame then?

i was talking about kankou >.>

and i think 3 bad fochs would be better than 3 bad togs

Jingles is good, but is in no position to give advice, it'd be like taking medical advice on how to perform surgery from a Nurse, probably better than the average person, but in no way qualified, some of the things he says is just plain wrong (lol, TOG)

For the record, David Attenborough studied Natural Sciences at Cambridge (at the time the No. 1 University in the world), which is kind of a big deal.

There are laws regulating medical and legal advice because these things have major consequences on people's lives. On the other hand the world would be a very different place if I had to become an expert before I am supposed to give advice on trivial matters. When's the last time you gave wrong direction to a stranger you met on the street? Still feel bad about it?

David Attenborough serves as a fitting analogy because he is a brilliant presenter of science but ultimately not a biologist - his postgraduate study was in social anthropology. His docos are not error-free, nor would I cite what he said as hard evidence; nevertheless he's damned good at giving his audience a good time.

i was talking about kankou >.>

and i think 3 bad fochs would be better than 3 bad togs

Ah my bad. Cannot agree more on both points.