RalphTheTheatreCat

Community mentoring thread locked on sea. WG has a plan!

there is a rumor that the mods of WG forum can view your PM conversation without prior notification

Thats false, mods need to get added to convos to moderate. GMs can add themselves I believe, but only if you report it (and even then, only if the reported message is abusive).

Thats false, mods need to get added to convos to moderate. GMs can add themselves I believe, but only if you report it (and even then, only if the reported message is abusive).

hmmmm i hope you are right.....

I suspect more accurately GMs can add themselves whenever they want, but they are only meant to if the reported message is abusive.

exactly, which means the comment from Aigis is completely correct.

Mick have you ever actually been through the admin side of IPB forum or any forum before?

As with most things on the internet if it's information you wouldn't want the entire internets to read it's best not to send it via a database that people you don't know have 100% access to.

Mick have you ever actually been through the admin side of IPB forum or any forum before?

As with most things on the internet if it's information you wouldn't want the entire internets to read it's best not to send it via a database that people you don't know have 100% access to.

No, have you? I'd be willing to admit GMs have the capacity to add themselves to PMs at their choosing (though I have no idea on the interface, on reported PMs a link is given though. Mods cannot follow it through). It would just be considered abusive to add themselves to each and every PM.

EDIT- Plus they're exceedingly busy for a group, we need to hail them when someone reports a PM and there's usually a delay (they have to handle all of your tickets on bots/rule violations/appeals for starters.) So they wouldn't even have the time to add themselves or read all the PMs.

I suppose IPB would be more co-operative when it comes to this- in my experience, vBulletin and PHPbb were more annoying than useful when it came to moderating.

Well thus far it looks like there is a new forum thread http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/forum/228-wot-boot-camp/

Will it actually result in any real improvement? I doubt it.

From what Tan has planned so far sounds real good, so just wait for the official announcement.

Allow me to be pragmatic.

Will there be gold?