2012_PlayeR

Centurion Mk. 7/1 Appreciation Thread

Good to know that there's some serious love for the Centurion 7/1.

And yes, the 20lber is shit (A-Barrel is horrific, B-Barrel is somewhat bearable but still shit), its QB that's missing out if he chooses to go with the 20lber.

Oh, and is 55.4% WR and 2327 DPG on the Mk. 7/1 good? 'Cos those are my current Mk. 7/1 stats...

Now that I've finally made it past the stupid 20pdr and have had the vehicle elited for some time, the Centurion 7/1 feels really comfortable. A great gun with nice handling on a (huge) mobile platform with a bouncy mantlet and gun depression. Would never go through that stock grind again though, still dragging my winrate and DPG numbers up from that disaster.

Good to know that there's some serious love for the Centurion 7/1.

And yes, the 20lber is shit (A-Barrel is horrific, B-Barrel is somewhat bearable but still shit), its QB that's missing out if he chooses to go with the 20lber.

Oh, and is 55.4% WR and 2327 DPG on the Mk. 7/1 good? 'Cos those are my current Mk. 7/1 stats...

The best NA server 7/1 players I've seen have around 2800 DPG on their 7/1 (AgentSmithx2 and PantsOfGlory). 

64% and 2867 about 80% solo. This tank is sooooo good. It's better than the t54 in tier IMO. I can't say enough good things about it. If it had slightly higher dpm it would be the best tank in the game. 

64% and 2867 about 80% solo. This tank is sooooo good. It's better than the t54 in tier IMO. I can't say enough good things about it. If it had slightly higher dpm it would be the best tank in the game. 

And a real HEAT round.

The best NA server 7/1 players I've seen have around 2800 DPG on their 7/1 (AgentSmithx2 and PantsOfGlory).

hmmm, thanks for the info.

Well, with the newest Q/A stating both the 4202 and 215B are getting replaced I can only hope the new t10 is a Centurion of some sort. Plz WG I love my 7/1 just give it a lil more armor, speed, and higher ROF. 

Oh man, I'm like 5k XP away from unlocking this bad boy and I've saved up enough free XP to get the L7A1 and treads. I cannot wait to get it!

I've been playing a lot of T34 to get the free XP and I've gotten a lot better w/ hulldown and peekaboom fighting. I imagine the 7/1 to be basically like the Centurion I (good gun handling + maneuverability, weaksauce hull) but with alpha comparable to the T34. That sounds amazing.

Have a look at my 7/1 review on RBS. Can't link right now as I am on mobile. I also have plenty of good replays from the current patch available.

Have a look at my 7/1 review on RBS. Can't link right now as I am on mobile. I also have plenty of good replays from the current patch available.

It's an awesome review and probably the main reason why I'm pushing for the 7/1 over the WZ-120 as my first T9. I also liked rocketbrainsurgeon's commentary on your replay: 15 minutes of good decisions. Locking down those hulldown spots on the NW highway corner and being patient was a simple choice but look at the results!

When I get home I will post a 7/1 game from last night where I had 10 mins of good decisions, then almost threw the game away with one poor decision. I will invite commentary on how you all would have played through.

I imagine the 7/1 to be basically like the Centurion I (good gun handling + maneuverability, weaksauce hull) but with alpha comparable to the T34. That sounds amazing.

Similar but different, mainly due to the gun. The Cent I's 20 pounder has poor damage per shot but a quick reload. The L7A1 hits much harder but reloads much slower. It requires slightly different tactics but is rather glorious once you figure it all out.

I have this thing unlocked now, didn't have a lot of time to play it due to panther 2->e-50 grinding (ye I'm a cheapass) and the m103 grind but I did manage a few plays in this bad boy.

I went ahead and used free xp to unlock everything except the last engine (it's still mobile enough to warrent this imho) and I'm not dissapointed.

When playing it I developed a deep love for the centurion 1 and was quite effective with the tank, the only thing I would have loved was a little more alpha/dpm and the cent 7/1 has exactly that!

The 105 is a dream to use and all the dpm in the world would not make me use that 20pdr on it. The 105 has lightening shell velocity, making leading shots a breeze. It's acurate enough to aim at weakspots mid/longrange, has decent alpha, good pen and decent reload speed. On top of all that you have the HESH possibility with the premium HESH having a healthy (~215) pen so you can actually use it on most side armors of the german boxes.

Why not the 20pdr (for me)? In most situations I need dpm I'm close enought to aim at flat weakspots so I can just switcht to HESH doing 900 dmg in 20 seconds and wrecking modules and crew on top of it. Way better gun imho.

Well, with the newest Q/A stating both the 4202 and 215B are getting replaced I can only hope the new t10 is a Centurion of some sort. Plz WG I love my 7/1 just give it a lil more armor, speed, and higher ROF. 

I've been hearing about the Vickers MBT being the replacement for the 4202, which would probably suck. It would basically be a Leopard that was slower, larger, with a worse power to weight ratio but the same no armour (80mm hull and not great sloping).

More historical than the 4202 though (which historically had the 20pdr and might work better as a tier 8 premium)

I went ahead and used free xp to unlock everything except the last engine (it's still mobile enough to warrent this imho) and I'm not dissapointed.

This has been my only concern with the grind on the 7/1: there's a 200 HP difference IIRC between the T9 engine from the Cent I and the top engine on the 7/1. I'm glad to hear that it won't cause me trouble by not fully kitting the 7/1 out with free XP. I am going to play the hell out of this tank.

Definitely going to wait for them to replace the 4202 before I move up to the tier 10 in this line. The 7/1 sounds like a real keeper, anyway.

Here's the replay:

5317ed8a9c81a5358a010000.jpg

Talk about a shot on the buzzer. That T69 almost didn't make it!

The RNG was not kind to you, but that game definitely showcased the strengths (and weaknesses) of the Centurion 7/1 all in one go. Thanks for posting it!

Here's the replay:

5317ed8a9c81a5358a010000.jpg

Didn't watch past the part you died.

Either way, I think you missed a lot of opportunities to shoot at tanks on the G5 hill. Not to mention you missed a few shots that you shouldn't have (the ones where people were driving by).

The only really bad decisions you made were turning around to face the T54E1 (you should've lost a lot more HP than you did and maybe lost your engine) and driving out in an open field... I wouldn't taken the defensive hill east of your village because I personally always advance to the F4 area from the North, so I expect pubs to at least be around there.

I would've also headed back to cap faster considering nothing was spotted there, so there was a chance someone else could get on the cap (which did happen).

Indeed, I started off with some poor shooting, lucked out when the 54E1 ignored me, but then I was talked by my platoon into making a move to G5 after clearing out cap. I think the general idea was clean out the KV-2 and/or VK, then try to get side shots on the T95 who was possibly advancing on our SP/T69. I think the better plan would've been to push to where the SP/T69 were, and use the hills there instead.

May I ask,did camo greatly effect this tank or I can replace it with repair ? The reason is probably because I doing something stupid or I can use the track attract shells

(iirc I did once showing my front track only but hiding the rest of the front so an is-8 can shoot me and my platmate can fire back when he's reloading)

Do you like this or the E-50 better SR? The E-50 seems to be more flexible, whereas the cent is better at hull down (just less DPM/acc).

I haven't played the E-50 in quite a while, but I think my stats in both tanks are similar. The E-50 is certainly a better all-around medium, and firing APCR negates the 7/1's pen advantage. The 7/1 is a bit limited, but in its element it is probably best in-tier. 

May I ask,did camo greatly effect this tank or I can replace it with repair ? The reason is probably because I doing something stupid or I can use the track attract shells

(iirc I did once showing my front track only but hiding the rest of the front so an is-8 can shoot me and my platmate can fire back when he's reloading)

Depends on playstyle. The 7/1 has mediocre camo, but it is still much better than the bottom-scrapers (Type 61 and E-50),. It certainly won't gain as much from camo as the 430 VII, WZ-120 or T-54.

Indeed, I started off with some poor shooting, lucked out when the 54E1 ignored me, but then I was talked by my platoon into making a move to G5 after clearing out cap. I think the general idea was clean out the KV-2 and/or VK, then try to get side shots on the T95 who was possibly advancing on our SP/T69. I think the better plan would've been to push to where the SP/T69 were, and use the hills there instead.

I don't think you were in a position to push due to the chance that they could cap you. Oh well.