Euchre

According to WG, they will allow users to hide stats, both ingame and API...

- when the option to hide your stats is implemented, if someone hides their stats, you won’t be able to see them even after the battle is over (in game). It will also not be possible to recieve the stats of someone who has them hidden via API (SS: whatever that is, I suspect it’s some interface the mods like Noobmeter and Xvm work through)

Source: 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/27/27-9-2013/#more-3578

So.... i imagine the terribads will now hide thier stats...  The better players will not.

Alot of angles to this, i don't see any of them as a good thing.

Actually... I think every purple player will hide their stats in game, for exactly that reason.

Wurst, they will still shoot at you. Because [PBKAC]

I simply will just treat hidden stats as a red 45%er, unless I know the player (or know of the player), if they're on my team.  

So really, hiding stats would hurt you more than it'd help, if you're a good player.  --  You can't blame me for not supporting you when you prevent me from making a correct evaluation of whether or not you will do well enough for me to support.  

As usual, the mewling baddie deniers get what they want. eyeroll.gif

ETA: I'd love to see the reaction this news is getting on the official forums, if only to watch the plebs twist themselves into pretzels trying to explain why this isn't a crushingly terrible idea.

EDIT 2: Never mind, the official forum threads on this topic aren't nearly as entertaining as I thought they would be.

I try to treat everyone on the enemy team as if they are a purple player because even a 48%er can get lucky every now and then.  I mostly use the stats to ascertain the capabilities of my own team to some degree to determine if there are any pubs worth supporting or if I'm on my own.  I guess I'll just have to assume that I'm on my own more so in the future.  Oh well.

I will hide my stats, because I think doing so confers an in-game advantage, but I am not happy about this. At least we got WN8 developed before this came to pass?

A major step backwards for WG, but like I said when WGR came out, I expect the company regrets publishing their statistics simply because of the incessant furor it has caused over the years. 

One interesting side effect will be for sites like Wotlabs.  The only way that sites like Labs or Noob will be able to track your stats will be for you to leave your stats open to view.

Most likely, this is going to make programs like Wot-stats much more important, as they will be the most reliable way of tracking your stats.

Source: 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/27/27-9-2013/#more-3578

So.... i imagine the terribads will now hide thier stats...  The better players will not.

Alot of angles to this, i don't see any of them as a good thing.

This will encourage rerolls who want to be unknowns in the battle.  XVM stores the stats, right?  So they will have historical data.  Just not 60 day data.  So purples who want to 'hide' from being targeted won't have the option w/o rerolling.

People who like to use wotlabs/noobmeter to follow their stats will not want to use this.  Bad players probably don't care about their stats or they wouldn't be bad players (exceptions might be some people with a huge number of battles sick of being mocked at 44%). 

Curious if you click it off, wait a month, then click it on will that month's stats be available then or will it still be hidden?  Could be an opportunity for people who play stock tanks to 'remove' them from the stat sites and then only turn it back on when they're elited. 

I'm sorry but without stats what is the actual point of the game? Every game in the world is based around performance and every PVP game is based around competition. (Hence the term PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER). If we cannot compare our performance with other players what's the point of a competitive game?

Honestly if this is implemented I will strongly reconsider my gaming options. I love world of tanks, but this is just preposterous. 

I'm sorry but without stats what is the actual point of the game? Every game in the world is based around performance and every PVP game is based around competition.

This. Without stats or a ladder or some other ranking system the game will lose the hardcore players pretty quickly.

This. Without stats or a ladder or some other ranking system the game will lose the hardcore players pretty quickly.

Perhaps, but WG has made it abundantly clear that serious players are very low on its priority list. Given what I've seen with other games over the years (Yu-Gi-Oh! comes to mind), I can't say that this surprises me.

On the other hand, I suppose you could argue that WG has been sending mixed signals to the serious players recently; on the one hand, this is happening, but on the other hand, WG has been trying pretty hard to make eSports and CW more appealing lately. It seems like WG wants to have its cake and eat it by appeasing the baddies with hidden stats while also trying to attract serious players with eSports, CW, tourneys, etc. The whole thing smacks of an incompetent company throwing darts at a board and hoping they get lucky.

It's not in WG's control, but as a thought, I'd like to see XVM (and any similar mods) disable the stats mod if your account is stats-locked.  I doubt it will ever happen, but it would be fair. (Though the ultra-competitive would say that disabling your own stats while looking at those of others is merely maximizing every advantage.)

It seems like WG wants to have its cake and eat it by appeasing the baddies with hidden stats while also trying to attract serious players with eSports, CW, tourneys, etc. The whole thing smacks of an incompetent company throwing darts at a board and hoping they get lucky.

It smacks of different people promoting different things without a coherent vision.

Or....

standard corporate operating doctrine.

You need a REALLY strong leader with a strong vision to overcome this effect.

Yup, time to call it a quit and let the windowlickers have their bird shooting game. I was already on the fence anyways and this probably would do it for me if implemented.

I simply will just treat hidden stats as a red 45%er, unless I know the player (or know of the player), if they're on my team.  

So really, hiding stats would hurt you more than it'd help, if you're a good player.  --  You can't blame me for not supporting you when you prevent me from making a correct evaluation of whether or not you will do well enough for me to support.  

I'd take lack of support (which is what I expect from everyone on my team anyways) over being specifically targeted by the entire enemy team any day of the week  :thumbup:

A part of me will laugh at the irony of baddies hiding stats that 'don't matter'. Another part of me cries because I'll lose my rainbow colored player names. Hopefully this is one of those features that will be Coming SoonTM for a good few eons.

On a side note, I think this confers a disadvantage to clans. Even when I was an 800wn terribaddie I could look at the enemy team and go "oh, -G- player, must shoot". The people who could really stand to benefit are the clanless blues / purples that don't have to worry as much about being focused down by everyone else (muahaha.)

Even sadder though is what this does for our volunteer statisticians. Gathering a valid sample of players to test new formulas on is going to be exceedingly difficult (if not statistically inviable) when everyone starts hiding their stats. RIP in peace community statisticians.

I've been teamkilled before being PB COCK (by trash african clans everytime)

Apparently people don't like us making 9/11 jokes or declaring erwin rommel was a war criminal

/Drop tags and hide stats.

And you can have 90% win rate from that and it wouldn't matter. What's the point of being good at pubs with no stats for good clan and tourney team? Maybe someone like Kewei gets off on able to farm damage alone, but being good without the bragging right kinda kills the competition. It's like if Olympics competitions were all held in private and result of winners never published.

Hopefully this will just never come to pass like many things they have talked about implementing.  

This is a pure PVP game.  

The only thing you will have to go on will be clan tags.  But even assessing overall skill averages for clans will be impossible if this happens.

The only thing you will have to go on is who owns land, and who doesn't.  Which may not be at all representative of clan skills, as not all really good clans are active in CW, though the majority seem to be.