Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Gruber

Cheat or not?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/286163-so-i-made-a-macro/

Basically, anyone with pair of eyes and few working brain cells could do this at low server population. I sometimes used this "exploit" when server population was under 10-15k (late night on EU server, NA server is prob easier to rig).

Problem starts when tomatoes start using this macro to alter MM and it causes problems due to widespread usage. Then WG is forced to take action, easiest one being disabling leave queue button for 5 seconds after joining (edit: or removing tank count from interface). Either way, he is an idiot for publishing it on official forum.

EDIT2: Post was about using client side macro that enters queue , checks amount of players waiting in each tier , takes screenshot and then does the math about favorable match probability ( being top tier!) . It takes screenshot of tank counts throughout tiers and then  picks best moment to join match. According to authors post, it had 90%+ success in doing so.  Again, nothing players didnt do manually before, but making such mod available for mass use is dangerous. Should have taken screen of an opening post....

post is gone... sounded like a good read

As  expected, WGNA didnt like it. EU thread is still alive, but probably not for long.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/302954-so-he-made-a-macro/

IMO, it worked so well on NA since low server population is split between 2 servers. When there are 30k+ people, i doubt it would work.

Wouldn't call it a cheat.  As you said, this is something that people can do manually.  I generally don't in tanks, but I do it all the time in WoWP.  Quite easy with the small population. 

The sad part?  Bads think they lose because they aren't top tier.  Reality is, when you put a bad on top, his failures have a much greater impact on the team.  I could see this program costing many bad-average players a few points of win rate.

I didn't know there was a macro for it, but I do this all the time. Before I play a tank I do a quick check of the tank distributions and if it looks likely I'll get pulled into an unfavorable game I'll leave the queue and either wait, or pick a new tank based on the distribution. This is especially important to me for tier 8 because tier 8s getting pulled into tier 10 games happens far too often and is just awful.

Wouldn't call it a cheat. As you said, this is something that people can do manually.

This.

The sad part? Bads think they lose because they aren't top tier. Reality is, when you put a bad on top, his failures have a much greater impact on the team. I could see this program costing many bad-average players a few points of win rate.

Double this.

Other theory of this is that the longer the queue time the less likely you are going to be top tier. I saw few streamers do it (basically entering the queue and leaving if the queue time "felt too long"). It is impsosible to tell whether that works but he seemed to get almost always into t8 games in his mixed platoon of t8 tanks (is6 +vka +is6).

Effectively this is dossing the wg mm servers though and I'd imagine it is very easy for wg to start throwing the ban hammers if they see the same person getting a lot more queue attempts on the mm queue.

The easy way to fix this would be to add a 5 second waiting time before you are actually put into the queue. And only show the queue stats when you are in the queue. That way you could still go back to garage during that first 5s if you forgot to change equipments or ammos or whatever. After that 5s waiting time you'd have to stay in the queue for 20s for example.

But knowing wg they could just make it that it is impossible to leave the queue...

IMO it didnt sound like a cheat as such. Its kind of like the auto-manual extinguisher scripts. But I can see it vastly screwing over MM.

As said above if bads use it and think they will magically get better, they Will only get worse. And then it will be even more 'rigged mm' claims.

I still find it wierd that people gave him gold... at least he didnt take advantage of it and instead asked people to not