Worstpoaster_na

What the most common mistake you have been making recently?

for me... seeing only one tank spotted around a corner, and going round to put some shots into him (usually in an autloader) and then finding there is 5 tanks around the corner instead of one, and dying.

The weakest part of my game is map knowledge, or more precise lack there of. I don't really know positions or fields of fire.

I think my biggest two issues are survivability and adaptability.  

My overall and recent survival rates are low.  I'd say around 75% of the games I die I've done "my fair share" of damage and contribution to the game, in other words I die late in the game during mop up or because platoon mates.  The other portion of the time when I die I'm just plain doing stupid things and getting taken out so early in the game that I can't contribute.  These always seem to end in losses and really bother me.  There are also those times when you feel like you pulled your weight but end up dying at a clutch spot in the game.  Need to work on survival.  Need to be patient.  Need to balance aggressive and defensive.

Regarding adaptability I have had issues lately where when I platoon with some people, who are generally significantly better players than me, I get nervous because their playstyle seems to want to force me out of my comfort zone.  They use map positioning that I'm not used to and have not fully explored or that don't work well to the potential of the tank I'm in.  I try to support the platoonmates but end up either derping hard or not being able to effectively put my gun into play...either way coming up with less than stellar performances.  I think the answer to this is that I need to just play the game and not get caught up in explicitly supporting platoon mates and just focus on winning the game to the best of my abilities.  I then need to flag some of the battles where these platoon members went to spots I'm not comfortable and review some of the replays to see how they make this work so I can improve my repertoire.

that wouldn't have been necessary if I hadn't yoloswaggins-ed my way to 400 HP within 45 seconds of game start.

or, if it was the one on airfield, if i lrned2angle

seriously, whenever you invite me to a platoon strange shit happens, usually involving me getting killed and you either watching or laughing or CONTRIBUTING W/ DAT TEAM SHOT

I was referring to the airfield game. It was lost when I poked over to get a greed shot in front of the Patton and IS-6. I think I lost 500 hp from a shot from the base camping JT.

That 500 hp would've allowed me to kill the T29 that killed me.

It's a toss up between two errors, one is offering a map tip for the team during count down ( ex. Lakeville - "Let's only send 2-3 TD's to cover valley and win city") which backfires as 10 tanks including all the top tier heavies flood the valley.

Totally agree. I used to try and offer a quick directional tip at the beginning of matches, but it was misinterpreted about 95% of the time. Now I simply watch the pubs and vision surf on their movements. That works much more often.

I make far too many mistakes, but these are the ones that I have on my radar at the moment:

• Trading HP too early in the battle
  • Overextending
  • Tunnel vision

Playing when I am tired or distracted by my youngest Grandson!

Then thinking I've laid out a brilliant plan of attack and have received 4 or 5 affirmatives, I lead on , NO ONE FOLLOWS, my ass aches from the opforces! sigh

:armoredcar:

not listening to the little voice in my gut saying "you're about to do something fucking stupid... better back off"

Racing out with the T-49 for that last kill... where the fuck did I get one shot from...

or

But the PT-A is a medium, you don't play it like a TD... shit, dead again

Being food for a 49% SU-100Y's player 9-kill camp-the-back-of-the-base rampage has made me believe I need to play more conservatively to oust strats like these.

O Murder Lord, wouldn't that just end in a draw? He's not stupid enough to stop camping (but too stupid to win without it), and you would be too smart to charge into his gun.

OT: Declining unfavorable engagements. I get stuck in the heroic last stand mentality far too much instead of just fucking off and reengaging on more favorable terms.

O Murder Lord, wouldn't that just end in a draw? He's not stupid enough to stop camping (but too stupid to win without it), and you would be too smart to charge into his gun.

Not exactly what I had in mind, I meant more that I should save my HP earlier on so that later I could charge in front of his gun =)

Dat voice in my head. I really, REALLY must listen to it. Yesterday i potatoed 4 times while that tiny voice was screaming on top of his lungs "STOP! STOP YOU SILLY F***ER!"

Indecision/fear.

I've been burned so often lately by MM that I've lost whatever ability I had before to read a team line-up and pick early positions, especially since I'm now "grinding" my Hellcat and Cromwell. Kitty is fully upgraded but crew is only 175% so no sixth, no full camo on crew. Slow reload so each shot has to count... I just feel totally naked in it compared to my T49 with 4XX% crew.

Plus, just not having a clue what to do on some maps in some tanks.

Abbey or Ensk in a Hellcat in a tier 8 game...? um... durr.... Actually even tier 6 games freak me out a little in the Kitty on small/city maps.

Cromwell without the top turret and gun: avg damage 250. Ermagerd. What dooooo?

Sigh. I've got to do some more studying I think. It's really pissing me off. I'm at a wall at 52%/1100WN7. I need that lightbulb to go off and it's just refusing to do it.

Indecision/fear.

I've been burned so often lately by MM that I've lost whatever ability I had before to read a team line-up and pick early positions, especially since I'm now "grinding" my Hellcat and Cromwell. Kitty is fully upgraded but crew is only 175% so no sixth, no full camo on crew. Slow reload so each shot has to count... I just feel totally naked in it compared to my T49 with 4XX% crew.

Plus, just not having a clue what to do on some maps in some tanks.

Abbey or Ensk in a Hellcat in a tier 8 game...? um... durr.... Actually even tier 6 games freak me out a little in the Kitty on small/city maps.

Cromwell without the top turret and gun: avg damage 250. Ermagerd. What dooooo?

Sigh. I've got to do some more studying I think. It's really pissing me off. I'm at a wall at 52%/1100WN7. I need that lightbulb to go off and it's just refusing to do it.

Your T49 crew (or at least commander) should be in your M18 bud. Don't fuck yourself in the garage, giving away half your tank before you even take your first shot. 

Patience in training commanders yields much better results. 

Your T49 crew (or at least commander) should be in your M18 bud. Don't fuck yourself in the garage, giving away half your tank before you even take your first shot. 

Patience in training commanders yields much better results. 

I definitely thought about it, but then my T49 commander is naked during his re-training. I guess the first one comes quickly enough, and a tank you really know. ~800 fights in the T49 and I have it elited... so less arduous to "grind" a commander in the T49 I guess.

And just to be clear, I bought the 100% trained crew for the hellcat. I just haven't had enough good fights in her to get the first skill. Maybe I'll swap the two around. 

Tonkz iz hard! 

I definitely thought about it, but then my T49 commander is naked during his re-training. I guess the first one comes quickly enough, and a tank you really know. ~800 fights in the T49 and I have it elited... so less arduous to "grind" a commander in the T49 I guess.

And just to be clear, I bought the 100% trained crew for the hellcat. I just haven't had enough good fights in her to get the first skill. Maybe I'll swap the two around. 

Tonkz iz hard! 

Ideally, you train your US commander in something more forgiving than even the T49. I tend to train mine up the in the T29/T34, although the T14/M6 or T1Ht would be a great option as well. 

Ideally, you train your US commander in something more forgiving than even the T49. I tend to train mine up the in the T29/T34, although the T14/M6 or T1Ht would be a great option as well. 

Welp, there's the fucking light bulb du'jour. It never occured to me to take a commander out of a completely different class of tank and retrain him...

God damn. How do I manage to breathe without help...?

M4 Sherman, trainer of champions. It has supplied 4 end-tier US crews for me (T110E5, T57, M48A1, T69/M60 shared crew)