Question

My standard setup for pubbie matches is first aid kit, repair kit and fire extinguisher. Are there any particular Tier 8-10 tanks that purple poasters use a different setup for, such as gas or gold food?

15 answers to this question

I guess you might have to narrow down your question to specific tanks / play styles.

It's quite obvious this will come up in the page-long answers to your question "please list the consumables you use on the 60 tanks of tiers 8 to 10" ...

Perhaps a good place to start is to list the tanks you have, and which ones you need advice on.

Tito

I guess you might have to narrow down your question to specific tanks / play styles.

It's quite obvious this will come up in the page-long answers to your question "please list the consumables you use on the 60 tanks of tiers 8 to 10" ...

Perhaps a good place to start is to list the tanks you have, and which ones you need advice on.

Tito

Thanks Tito. I had assumed that a different loadout would be the exception to the rule (and thus there wouldn't be a ton of responses), but maybe not!

I'm particularly interested in the American autoloaders (T69, T54E1 and T57) and Russian mediums (T-54, T-62A and Obj. 140), but responses on any tanks are appreciated (I'm grinding several lines). Thanks in advance.

I've started to use double repair kit in the bat, forgoing medickit

Probably a good idea if you have "jack of all trades" on your commander... but without it, isn't that like too much of a risk?

Thanks Tito. I had assumed that a different loadout would be the exception to the rule (and thus there wouldn't be a ton of responses), but maybe not!

I'm particularly interested in the American autoloaders (T69, T54E1 and T57) and Russian mediums (T-54, T-62A and Obj. 140), but responses on any tanks are appreciated (I'm grinding several lines). Thanks in advance.

I went double repair on the T69/54e1 because of the vulnerable right side ammo rack. My T57 I almost exclusively play in clan wars: cola, large repair, large med kit.

For auto loaders that dont get burned much food is a very good if expensive choice. T54E1 with food is so blatantly OP its just ridiculous (good mobility + 31 sec clip time). I'd use Auto ext if you can swing the creds on most everything else, losing 20k creds once in a while is better than losing 250-400 hp for a regular ext.  While I dont do it, you can run double reps on the leo 1 as well; damn thing looses modules if someone just looks at it.

Rules of thumb:

1) Arti: u can replace fire-ex with gasoline/removed speed gov - in CW matche use food

2) german tanks with gearbox in front: use golden fire-ex instead of regular even in pubs, in cw matches use golden fire-ex instead of regular on all tanks, if the FC doesnt demand something else.

Ofc there are always tanks and situations which are special - giving a generall advice for dozens of different tanks is BS

T57 line - havnt played it yet, but I would at least take manual fire-ex, autoloaders profit from BIA more than other tanks

russian meds - stick with fire ex, they are nimble enough even without gasoline or removed speed-gov

tip - put manual fire-ex on "E". Works better for me at least, because the way u have to move is shorter. Take a few matches to get used to though.

Probably a good idea if you have "jack of all trades" on your commander... but without it, isn't that like too much of a risk?

Bat doesn't really suffer from crew damage, and if it does it's usually arty/hesh 183, which means your fucked anyways.

Rules of thumb:

1) Arti: u can replace fire-ex with gasoline/removed speed gov - in CW matche use food

2) german tanks with gearbox in front: use golden fire-ex instead of regular even in pubs, in cw matches use golden fire-ex instead of regular on all tanks, if the FC doesnt demand something else.

Ofc there are always tanks and situations which are special - giving a generall advice for dozens of different tanks is BS

T57 line - havnt played it yet, but I would at least take manual fire-ex, autoloaders profit from BIA more than other tanks

russian meds - stick with fire ex, they are nimble enough even without gasoline or removed speed-gov

tip - put manual fire-ex on "E". Works better for me at least, because the way u have to move is shorter. Take a few matches to get used to though.

The US autoloaders burn surprisingly little; over 600 games in my E1 i've only burned 2 times and both were at the end of games when i yoloed. The hit box that seems to cause fires on it is very small (basically have to aim right below the exhaust), same for the 69 and 57.

The US autoloaders burn surprisingly little; over 600 games in my E1 i've only burned 2 times and both were at the end of games when i yoloed. The hit box that seems to cause fires on it is very small (basically have to aim right below the exhaust), same for the 69 and 57.

ok - as I wrote, I havnt played them yet.

Tanks with huge engines/low weight benefit a lot from 100/105 oct gasoline - so my 50b and 50M (1200hp engine) roll around with 105oct

Russian meds, and frontal gearbox Germans (KT, E-75, E-50 and E-100) must have automatic FE, they burn from frontal shots a lot

arty can use food and gasoline, and Russians can also use yolo combination: speed gov, oil and food, med kits and repair kits are basically used when you are fucked already, so its low risk high gain kinda deal.

Bat doesn't really suffer from crew damage, and if it does it's usually arty/hesh 183, which means your fucked anyways.

Mine does. Every other shot knocks a crew member out. Usually first 200something HP shot of the game.

Don't all crew on the bat impact reload? That's enough for me right there. I haven't needed 2x repair in the bat.

Note that the premium kits reduce damage chance, so even if you don't use it there is a benefit to running a large rep.

Hmm, good to know, I always thought that french tanks with their paper armor were horrible for crew survival. I guess WG balanced that out by giving them a lower probability to die.