NachtKriechen

I am no longer a "Stat Denier".

I've been taking a serious look at my gameplay for the last month, and I'm officially sold on my game-play affecting the overall battle outcome.  

I've poured over just about every piece of advice on this forum, watched every YouTube video available, and have made a concerted effort to "debrief" my own replays (and note where I made crucial mistakes during games).    When I started, i was a 48%er only surviving about 20% of my games.

The past few weeks, all of my tanks have been steadily improving (although a few are still a bit bothersome), and I'm currently on a positive upward swing.    The last two nights, something just clicked, and I have made a concerted effort to staying alive the entire game (mainly not poking-out to force a win, or get the kill shot).    While I was not able to do that in every game, I was consistently lingering in-battle as one of the last two or three on my team.   On the first night, I survived 30% of my games...and my Win Rate averaged-out at about 54%....Last night, I survived over 40% of my games, and my win rate shot-up to 68%. 

I'd cross-post this over to the Official WoT forum.....but I think this means more to be posted here, rather than there.

I remember when I started actually using my brain while playing, and it felt good to finally make a difference in how my team performed. At least when I don't play like a donkey, which still happens at times. :]

Days when everything clicks are awesome. ^^

Good luck in your progress. :)

I was a yellow stat player when I came to the site. Listened, read, watched, asked questions and took advice from the community here. 

If you are able and willing to let them, they can help you reach your potential limits. It is not an overnight process and takes commitment from the individual, but definitely can be done...

Glad to have you on board...

Good job :)

I hit a point where the more I improved, the worse a player I thought I was. Seriously. :P

I hit a point where the more I improved, the worse a player I thought I was. Seriously. :P

True that. There is nothing worse than having a 65% W/R week and then going 40% for a night. 40% nights were bearable when you though MM was rigged and everyone was shooting gold..... once you learn it is your fault... it hurts.

Good on you, mate! I am in the same boat - been busting my arse to play better and make more of a difference for my teams. Look me up sometime and we'll platoon a few!!

lol yeah.

I remember back when I was a 4x%er, 1000 base exp games were like a once every two week occurrence. Every time I had one I thought I did really well.

Now that I have 1k base exp games multiple times a day, I keep thinking about how it could've been better.

I hit a point where the more I improved, the worse a player I thought I was.

I'm there at the moment.    I had a couple games that I reviewed recently, and I was like, "WTF were you thinking?"   

One in particular that sticks out was where we had a game wrapped-up, full health KV-1..and all I had to do to win was DERP a KV-1S with 56 health left.   Had three shots sail right over the top of his comander's hatch, and I ended-up dead instead of him....racked-it up to RNG.   But it just drove me completely nuts.

Upon reviewing the replay, it looked like I was "pulling" my shot at the last minute, because dispersion would increase before my shot reported.    Went into a training room with a couple buddies, reset the scenario, and found-out that my mouse is over-sensitive.   So when I click to Fire...it nudges-up just a fraction...in this case, it was enough to send three shots sailing high-right over the commanders hatch....not the RNG.