A_Chodeful

Object 704: Russian Bias

Sorry, I'm brand new to this forum, so this may be in a pinned topic etc. I haven't read yet (i.e. diminishing returns after such % camo). May I ask how the first setup offers "fulll camouflage" with only four crew members having the skill?

Typo, meant to say "near full". 

The difference between 80% and 100% camouflage is actually negligible (8.6 nerfed the skill) - you would only lose 5~ meters to your overall camouflage.

Okay, that seemed to figure from your post. I am at the ISU right now, I have SS-90C, camo-85+ repair on all but the driver (camo-86 CB). However my repair skill never seems to come into use--so much that I traded it for clutch braking. Does this change with Object 704? Would you recommend changing my commander's camo skill to JoaT, and then Eagle Eye after it is full?

Okay, that seemed to figure from your post. I am at the ISU right now, I have SS-90C, camo-85+ repair on all but the driver (camo-86 CB). However my repair skill never seems to come into use--so much that I traded it for clutch braking. Does this change with Object 704? Would you recommend changing my commander's camo skill to JoaT, and/or Eagle Eye when after it is full?

I tend to get my tracks broken alot in stupid situations (not dangerous), but have to use my repair kit for other things, because my third consumable is a premium food consumable. So repairs is useful for me as it helps knock off some of that downtime. 

But there's also the matter of the Object 704's armour, it can actually take hits and repair in time, so the skill is actually useful in a double-track scenario. 

The ISU in comparison can't take more than 2-3 hits. So even a few seconds of opportunity for the enemy is enough to kill it with that paper armour. 

So I would actually ditch repairs on the ISU and get all BiA or an assortment of skills - and I would load double repairs with one first aid kit. The ISU either repairs instantly and lives, or waits for the skill to kick in and dies. 

-

Another bit of interesting trivia, if you go with my set-up of BiA + Food Consumables + Rammer and include a 100% commander, your DPM with first strike gets jacked up to 4000~. 

That's insanity. 

Also, found another small mistake, in my consumables set-up, I said "Premium Consumables", when I meant to say "Premium Food Consumables". It's edited, just thought I should bring it up. 

I find wiggling back and forth between shots will add lots of bounces as shots aimed next to the mantlet will be caused to hit the mantlet.

I find wiggling back and forth between shots will add lots of bounces as shots aimed next to the mantlet will be caused to hit the mantlet.

Same here, I should put that somewhere in the guide now that you bring it up. 

Why no SnapShot?

The bonus only applies to "turret" traverse, i.e. gun traverse for TDs, but the Object 704 with 0.08 gun traverse dispersion receives a VERY negligible deduction from it. Only 0.006 less dispersion at 100% actually. Not even worth mentioning. 

So at 500m, the dispersion is only reduced by 0.03m, if it's a linear scale that is, even so, it's a near-worthless bonus. 

Now, on the other hand, if this was a tank like the T110E4 with 0.24 traverse dispersion, it would actually be worth something, since the overall dispersion while traversing the turret would be reduced by almost 0.1 at 500 meters. Still not worth much, but definitely a more noticeable boost than with the Object 704.

Not saying you should drop it, but you should put it aside for more valuable skills.

How in the name of god can you get 4.2k avg dmg per battle in it , I'm playing decent by EU standards and I'm at 3100-3200 , I'm going to find it hard to go above that  :sad:   

Looking around aswell at some mates who're Unicums and the very best of them arent topping 3500 

How in the name of god can you get 4.2k avg dmg per battle in it , I'm playing decent by EU standards and I'm at 3100-3200 , I'm going to find it hard to go above that  :sad:   

Looking around aswell at some mates who're Unicums and the very best of them arent topping 3500 

You're probably looking at pre-8.6 stats merged with post-8.6 stats.

I know my pre-8.6 Object 704 DPG on my main account (before silver premium patch as well) was only 3200. 

Insoucious mentioned there was someone with 4200-4300 DPG in his Object 704 in the EU server. 

Rule of thumb is that post-8.6 DPG is one-shot's worth of damage more than pre-8.6 DPG at the least, cause, accuracy mechanism changes and all. Add in maybe 1/2 a shot's damage for pre-8.6 and pre-8.0 (gold round) stats. 

750x6=4500

6 penetrating hits is manageable as long as the guy behind the wheel doesn't derpyolo and get killed early.

Getting to key positions to squeeze off those 6 rounds is also important when damage padding.

Problem is finding hull or at least half health targets to unleash the shots on. 

I hate it when I have to shoot someone with 100 HP to kill him. If I have allies around who can kill him, I always pass up on the shot and save it for the near full health guy ahead of him. 

Problem is finding hull or at least half health targets to unleash the shots on. 

I hate it when I have to shoot someone with 100 HP to kill him. If I have allies around who can kill him, I always pass up on the shot and save it for the near full health guy ahead of him. 

Wow, I don't go that far for damage lol.

I see something I shoot it.

Hurts my head to actually notice that for that extra bit of damage that can be farmed.

I would just take a free kill.

unknwn

No idea frankly, I met him once in my T-62A and he did ~7000 damage (Patton III), while I failed hard at the end (~6000 damage). He was playing pretty defensive from what I saw.

PS It's 4315 DPG