A_Chodeful

Object 704: Russian Bias

Not entirely on the topic of the Obj. 704, but the ISU-152:

I can't seem to do 3k average damage in it even when solopubbing, how do I get better with it?

Most of my sub-3k dmg battles are when our team steamrolls theirs and I don't know when/how to be aggressive to get more damage. If I stay behind and wait for enemies my allies get all the damage while I'm stuck at the end of a firing lane waiting for targets or I push and I get flanked by a 49% medium/light tank.

Speaking of which, I'm not exactly sure how to be aggressive in a TD (the SU-152 was basically the first non-premium TD I ever played) because of its garbage mobility plus unreliable gun.

pls halp

*edit:

Put on food, Designated Target and binocs (because fuck that 370m view range + optics, not worth it yet plus no radio op skills) and already doing way better

o7 kiwi best DPG farmer NA

Would you recommend getting Situational Awareness over Eagle Eye? I just started on my 3rd skill; the optics has been working well for me and I'd like to have even more vision range

I'll be updating this with guides to map positions I frequently take on most maps (i.e. sela-style).

Do want 8)

In my ISU and 704 I have the skill to miss the fighting.

When I go left the action is right. When I go right the action is left.

Especially Abbey and South Coast south spawn.

The tank itself is amazing. Great fun

Thanks for this, very much.  It never occurred to me to use a GLD instead of a camo net, even tho I play pretty forward and aggressive a lot.

Just upgraded to the 268, what a brilliant machine.  I had a 6k dmg game and only got a 2nd class badge - I reckon that's sayin' something!

K et alia,

Can anyone give me a regular strategy for south spawn in 704 from mountain pass?  I have to send Grape_drink and Oxmathus homemade brownies for carrying me last night as I fired one shot, got zero damage and then just flopped around the map for a while. 

If you get lit crossing the ridge you are f'ed, especially if tracked and you are not really fast enough to beat enemies consistently.  You are too slow/gangly to peekaboom across the ridge with the lack of cover.  Any advice? 

From north I take a shot or two across from draw if I have lights and then just continue pressuring south. 

K et alia,

Can anyone give me a regular strategy for south spawn in 704 from mountain pass?  I have to send Grape_drink and Oxmathus homemade brownies for carrying me last night as I fired one shot, got zero damage and then just flopped around the map for a while. 

If you get lit crossing the ridge you are f'ed, especially if tracked and you are not really fast enough to beat enemies consistently.  You are too slow/gangly to peekaboom across the ridge with the lack of cover.  Any advice? 

From north I take a shot or two across from draw if I have lights and then just continue pressuring south. 

Go across the ridge and then proceed to dominate the middle.

Anyone that tries to cross the bridge or go down in the center has no chance.

You're likely to get spotted if you cross, and you might be tracked, sure, but that's why you don't go alone.

Only cross that ridge if you know you have backup that can support you when tanks inevitably start coming from the southwest.

Alternatively, if you have no other choice, camp the hill in your base.

thx kewei <3 4ever

Seriously... 

On my ISU152 I swapped vents for optics at Kewei's suggestion.

... and HOLYJESUS ...

WN7 jumped from maybe 1.9k to 2.6k. 

Seriously... 

On my ISU152 I swapped vents for optics at Kewei's suggestion.

... and HOLYJESUS ...

WN7 jumped from maybe 1.9k to 2.6k. 

And then this happened:

http://www.noobmeter.com/replay/1004936605.30256289343617091

(Erlenberg, 9 kills, 6,875 dam)

^_^

It is, but consider that in a tank with limited gun traverse, even the slightest turn will throw off the effect of Binoculars, and that they don't work while you're moving as well. And with a 20m~ view range boost from your perks alone, raising your view range to 420m~, by simply stacking it further with optics, and raising it to 462m, you've already surpassed the maximum spotting range by 17 meters - and all of this is ON THE MOVE and working ALL the time - unlike Binoculars, which doesn't work more often than it does. 

I would like to clarify one thing regarding your max view range of 462m made possible by using optics, BiA and the awareness skill.

From my calculation (using the view range calculation formula as shown on WoT's wiki) shown below, this seem to be a off tho.

View Range with Optics, BiA and Awareness skill should be 449.06m

Calculated using formula = 390/0.875*(0.00375*105+0.5)+390*(10+3) = 449.06m

Base View range = 390

100% Commader Skill + 5% BiA Bonus = 105

Optics bonus = 10

Awareness Bonus = 3 (this is where view range calculation is a little iffy in my opinion due to the fact that i have not been able to confirm whether the 3% is added to skill or considered as equipment bonus (3% added directly from base view range). I have asked on WoT NA forum but no one has been able to confirm this for me. My own interpretation from reading the wiki is that you get 3% bonus extra from your base view range)

Just bought this TD. Looking at your DPG, I feels like I'm just a little piece of sh*t. Only 2+k DPG after less than 100 battles. :/

Well I'm just a scrub, waddaya expect. :P

BL-10 is an awesome gun, but it drove me frustrated due to unexpected misses and bounces, also non-damaged pen. Not to mention about shooting a moving target. 14 seconds reload and high cost ammo really makes you wanna scream in front of the screen when this occurs.

Anyway I wanna thank you about the equipments suggestion, coated optics. Never thought about it before. I'm just using a basic TD's setup, Rammer, Camo net, and Binoc. Now time to change.

Great guide.  :thumbup:

Kewei, I just noticed that you were listing Deadeye on your list of perks towards the end of all of your gunner lists.  Are those in no particular order or are you actually saying that it shouldn't be aquired until the 3rd or 4th skill?  With a gun like the BL-10 that has such good pen and damage, thus allowing for more module damage, would it not be wise to have Deadeye as soon as possible to maximize module damage an deal tank crippling shots instead of just heath draining shots?  If not, can you clarify the reasons why?

Also, in regards to your comments about the tank being a good sniper, I regularly attempt to engage targets at 300-400 meters while stopped and zoomed and with the targeter as small as possible yet I noticed the shots tend to ever so slightly miss ALOT.  What would you say the optimal distance to engage would be for this tank to remain hidden yet still remain as accurate as possible?

Kewei, I just noticed that you were listing Deadeye on your list of perks towards the end of all of your gunner lists.  Are those in no particular order or are you actually saying that it shouldn't be aquired until the 3rd or 4th skill?  With a gun like the BL-10 that has such good pen and damage, thus allowing for more module damage, would it not be wise to have Deadeye as soon as possible to maximize module damage an deal tank crippling shots instead of just heath draining shots?  If not, can you clarify the reasons why?

Also, in regards to your comments about the tank being a good sniper, I regularly attempt to engage targets at 300-400 meters while stopped and zoomed and with the targeter as small as possible yet I noticed the shots tend to ever so slightly miss ALOT.  What would you say the optimal distance to engage would be for this tank to remain hidden yet still remain as accurate as possible?

Extra module damage isn't as important as repairs, BiA, snapshot, designated target, etc. 

You shouldn't be missing at 300m to 400m, wait for your reticule to close, then a second after that, then you can shoot. 

In the open, 400-450m, with some bushes around, I'd say 300-400m, and with cover, 200 or so. 

Well, here's the problem with being at or near the top of a mountain.

You can't accurately judge those below you, since they all look just as small.

LEL DAT EPEEN. 

I'd say anything about 3000 is acceptable. 

Kewei pls, 3000 is what top-tier clans expect from tier ten TDs.

2500 is high green-middle blue for the 704, which I consider acceptable.

It of course depends on what your standards are like. Compared to the general populace, light greens can already be considered good, but most purples don't seem to see anything below blue as good.