Diatomix

The Macro I made to make you top tank 95% of the time.

Laera
Community Manager
Administrator
851 battles
[WGA]  WGA
Sent: Sep 30 2013 - 13:20
Hello!
Sorry about that. I was gone for the weekend and so the subject was passed along to our Game Security Team in an email. They have determined that this program should not be used because it offers an unfair advantage to MM.
We are not taking any action again your account at this time but please immediately cease using this program and do not share it with others.
Thanks again for your understanding.

Was a good run. I'd rather not lose my account/tanks ive worked hard(and some paid for)

But i can answer any questions related to it here, since the topic will not be deleted.

It simply checked the amount of tanks waiting in que and spammed the "Exit Battle" button on the waiting screen, thus giving you a better chance to be top tier.

Pretty lame and I would personally ban an individual that posts this on the official forum.

It simply checked the amount of tanks waiting in que and spammed the "Exit Battle" button on the waiting screen, thus giving you a better chance to be top tier.

Pretty lame and I would personally ban an individual that posts this on the official forum.

Why Would you ban an individual, reasoning?

In general, what did it do? Press the Battle button, analyze the number of tanks of a certain tier in the queue and determine a chance of being top tier?

Essentially yes. 

I do that manually.

Question, does this mod analyze the # of tanks server side, or client side?

Because while doing it manually, i noticed that there were often delays in # of tanks in queue, which leads to some miscalculation.

It's not a problem if one player does it. But guess what happens when 1000 or 5000 players use it at the same time...

I do that manually.

Question, does this mod analyze the # of tanks server side, or client side?

Because while doing it manually, i noticed that there were often delays in # of tanks in queue, which leads to some miscalculation.

Client side. Hence why it only worked 95% of the time. It is about a 3 second delay from server------> client.

Ill take 95% of the time over the ??? (who knows) percentage now. 

And all you fuckers who quit queues when you're not likely to be top tanks still suck at this game, what does this say about you?

Never said I did such things.

I said i wanted to revolutionize match maker 

It's not a problem if one player does it. But guess what happens when 1000 or 5000 players use it at the same time...

and that is why it was considered not allowed. if you had read the original thread (which you wouldn't of since your on EU) all he posted was what the program did, and that he had Messaged WG asking if it would be allowed or not. he didn't give a download link to anyone, or anything else of the sort. I would of found it ok had I been a moderator.

It would work reliably on NA only because of low population. Also while its legal and easy to do yourself,  problem arrives when too many people start using it. Basically , dont make it too easy for bots that are too dumb to figure it out.

Edit: WGNA are idiots if they would ban you for this.

It's basically a (minor) denial of service attack on the server and people dropping out of the queue like that probably screws over their matchmaking. I don't see how they *wouldn't* ban someone doing this.

However the 'real' solution would be to add in a cool-off. You dequeue? Cool. You get to wait for 30 secs.

The most interesting part of this thread thus far...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long, dick, of, wgna, has, penetrated, thine, anus ?view=getnewpost&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent> Serious-Face Enabled Discussions   Vehicles   Russia   Poll 

Sounds accurate.

Manipulating an out-of-game factor (matchmaking) to give yourself an advantage.

It's basically cheating.

From a gameplay perspective, I'd expect that even a very low rate of adoption would cause this technique to cancel itself out, likely definable as a ratio between %adoption and %battles within the defined 'favorable' range.  

With a three second delay on queue numbers, favorable conditions will cause an abnormally high number of scripts to not queue-out, with all of the players who care enough to look for favorable matchmaking having a good chance of ending up together in the next round of matchmaking.

This would likely result in counterintuitive and bizarre outcomes, which seems like a suitable result for over-zealous optimizers.

Also, if WGA originally set it up in any way other than queue exit failing if a match has already been made, it was broken to begin with-- server load from queue entrance/exits should be minimal.

Manipulating an out-of-game factor (matchmaking) to give yourself an advantage.

It's basically cheating.

Not really. WG added the Exit button. They made the population by tier visible. I'm not sure why, but they did. Using the Exit button in that fashion may be cheesy, but almost by definition it can't be against the rules to use the button.

And by extension, if something is permissible to do manually...it seems a little illogical to say a macro using that function isn't permissible.

That said, I don't understand why they made the queue population visible to begin with. Instead of banning the macro and punishing its use, why not just remove the information that makes it possible, and which has no possible legitimate use except gaming the matchmaker?

It's the same way with their approach to cussing on the forums. They could easily use a word censor to turn curse words into ****, <censored> or [redacted] with no trouble at all. So why in the world do they actually allow cussing and merely punish it?

Not really. WG added the Exit button. They made the population by tier visible. I'm not sure why, but they did. Using the Exit button in that fashion may be cheesy, but almost by definition it can't be against the rules to use the button.

And by extension, if something is permissible to do manually...it seems a little illogical to say a macro using that function isn't permissible.

That said, I don't understand why they made the queue population visible to begin with. Instead of banning the macro and punishing its use, why not just remove the information that makes it possible, and which has no possible legitimate use except gaming the matchmaker?

It's the same way with their approach to cussing on the forums. They could easily use a word censor to turn curse words into ****, <censored> or [redacted] with no trouble at all. So why in the world do they actually allow cussing and merely punish it?

This.

From a gameplay perspective, I'd expect that even a very low rate of adoption would cause this technique to cancel itself out, likely definable as a ratio between %adoption and %battles within the defined 'favorable' range.  

With a three second delay on queue numbers, favorable conditions will cause an abnormally high number of scripts to not queue-out, with all of the players who care enough to look for favorable matchmaking having a good chance of ending up together in the next round of matchmaking.

This would likely result in counterintuitive and bizarre outcomes, which seems like a suitable result for over-zealous optimizers.

Also, if WGA originally set it up in any way other than queue exit failing if a match has already been made, it was broken to begin with-- server load from queue entrance/exits should be minimal.

I factored in the 3 second delay. It only refreshes every 3 seconds at fastest anyways. In those three seconds it only has 1 sometimes 2 status updates.

Because i showed them how ludicrous it was, and how well it worked.