Question

Hi, Im zdude1858, one of the mods of /r/WorldofTanks.

I was talking with Ratz1lla last week about getting the wotlabs forums more exposure and rat suggested an AMA. For those of you who are unfamiliar with reddit and amas, an AMA stands for Ask Me Anything, basically just a q&a session with an person/group. It isn't restricted by topic, although they generally stick to topics related to the experience of the poster, in this case, being a unicum. I was planning on hosting it all day this saturday. there will be restrictions on who gets to be part of the "unicums" answering questions. I was thinking 65% and greater than 2.2k wn7 60day. (these are flexible) Ratzilla and zeronez have already showed interest.

Since the meta between servers is different, we were trying to find unicorns from all servers to hang out an answer questions.

If you decide to hang out and post, we can get you "gameplay expert" tags similar to purple poaster, but without mod powers. (just make sure to get in touch with me beforehand so I can set up tags for you)

any thoughts/comments are welcome.

edit: changed wn7 requirement to 2.2k from 2k

changed name from super-unicorn to just unicorn

I wish I was good enough to be able to call myself a 'gameplay expert'.

2500+ wn7 please.

The intention was to have multiple people qualify. Not just you.

The intention was to have multiple people qualify. Not just you.

You're going for super-unicums. There are more players with 2500+ wn7 ratings than just me. Maybe you haven't noticed, but since 8.6 or thereabouts, the game got overhauled and wn6 rating became almost obsolete, with most blues qualifying for purple and so on. Again, you said 'super-unicums', I'm just trying to help you sort them out.

edit: of course, some (most) of those players just abuse TD's (ahem Hellcat) to pad their WN7, but even then it should be pretty easy to filter them by looking at their performance rating, too.

edit2: alternatively, recent WN8.

Honestly you could just translate the purple poasters on this forum over to your subreddit, if this AMA is to generate publicity for wotlabs. Makes the most sense.

You're going for super-unicums. There are more players with 2500+ wn7 ratings than just me. Maybe you haven't noticed, but since 8.6 or thereabouts, the game got overhauled and wn6 rating became almost obsolete, with most blues qualifying for purple and so on. Again, you said 'super-unicums', I'm just trying to help you sort them out.

edit: of course, some (most) of those players just abuse TD's (ahem Hellcat) to pad their WN7, but even then it should be pretty easy to filter them by looking at their performance rating, too.

edit2: alternatively, recent WN8.

The intention was to get very good players. I'm not a unicum yet, so I put the bar above what i'm currently at in the hopes that it would be selective enough to keep the riff-raff out while being inclusive enough to have enough people eligible to participate that availablility would not be an issue.

although certain padders will be excluded on sight. most notably, assassin_m18

I'd agree, 2k on 60 day isn't meeting the bar for super-unis. But then again, all these super unis are headcases. :-P

maybe 2.2k?

I wish I was good enough to be able to call myself a 'gameplay expert'.

haha, the name for the tag was put in before I had CSS powers, so that wasn't my decision, but It stuck.

Put it at 2.3k-2.4k, because that was what my 60 day wn6 was at when I got that tag.

(back when all I played was dem 54 is6)

Really, just give the super purples their gameplay expert tag, but let anyone here answer questions, if they are quality respones, naturally great responses will be upvoted more. 

Hurr T49.

Are you trying to imply that I am not a good enough player, don't execute my knowledge to your expectations, am incapable of providing accurate game play tips or all of the above based on my most played tank? Come at me bro.

I would put it at 2.2k minimum, preferably 2.3k if you can get enough people interested that qualify. Manually filter out people who just abuse T49, Hellcat, IS-6, etc. to get those ratings.

How many people are you looking to get signed up for this? I would be willing to help if you want someone of my caliber.

But don't call it "super-uni" if you aren't just taking people getting 2.5k WN7 at tier 9 and 10 like Antonio.

Are you trying to imply that I am not a good enough player, don't execute my knowledge to your expectations, am incapable of providing accurate game play tips or all of the above based on my most played tank? Come at me bro.

We all play for fun, that's the point, right?

Here is a list of players with at least 10k battles overall or 1k battles recent from noobmeter and high wn7

that don't excessively play 'padding tanks'

TheBananasToTheWallHost, _Wik_, VeyN, Kewei (wtf), HeavyTwenty

Here is a list of players with at least 10k battles overall or 1k battles recent from noobmeter

that don't excessively play 'padding tanks'

TheBananasToTheWallHost, _Wik_, VeyN, Kewei (wtf), HeavyTwenty

hahahahahahahahahaha

I can smell the downvotes already.

Some people on the subreddit....don't really get sarcasm.

that subreddit has some pretty retarded people

like the jamFRIDGE guy

We all play for fun, that's the point, right?

I would be less intoxicated if I were taking it seriously.

More like discrimination against Chinese. I would have banned all of you people if it wasn't for the bribe of 11 Sui era books per month.

Antonio I agree with your 2500 bar on super-uni but how many of those might are available or willing to go answer questions?/Not super opinionated. 

Also the bar could perhaps be set to around 60 day 2200+ and Tier 7+.