Target122

What are normal winrates for Wn7 values

Hello, I am a new player to World of Tanks and to this forum. I have been trying to improve my aweful orangeness and get to the almighty purple, however I have noticed something strange in my stats (at least I think it is strange). This past week I have played around 150  battles (about 135 of these battles were played solo) and have averaged around 1250 Wn7 and a winrate of 59.3% but my winrate seems way way off.  when I look at purple stats their winrate is often only a bit more than what I have been averaging desbite that they average 700-1000 Wn7 points higher. So my question is what are some normal winrates as compared to Wn7?

Ps. I am very new to this forum and this might be in thr wrong spot.

Expect variation.  In part, because winning and closing out games is, itself, a skill to be learned.  In larger part because platooning with good players has opposite effects on WR and WN7.  Players who platoon a lot should expect higher winrates and lower WN7 relative to their individual skill level.  Players who play solo a lot should expect lower winrates and higher WN7.

Players who platoon a lot should expect higher winrates and lower WN7 relative to their individual skill level.  Players who play solo a lot should expect lower winrates and higher WN7.

That was what I thought as well, but even according to the chart that Servios posted my winrate is much higher than what my Wn7 says it should be

I am struggling to get my win rate in line with my WN7

Most players with my 60 day wn7 seem to have better win rates than I do.

That was what I thought as well, but even according to the chart that Servios posted my winrate is much higher than what my Wn7 says it should be

Small sample size. 150 games isn't enough to prove much of anything. For a close correlation you will need to be looking more at 1000 battle results.

Not really. It's right about in line as of the stats posted 10/9/13.

You have a 928 W7 and your WR is 51 pct for the 60 day. 49% is saying 900 so I can see 928 still being 51%. You're looking at a deviation of a couple hundred W7 points from the WR. There's always going to be some deviation because W7 is an amalgamation of points based on the things you do. Maybe you've managed to do 1-2 of the things that help a win, but not 3-5. The W7 reflects this. Also, lower tier usually = lower W7. Less total damage can be done at low tiers.

For ex. I rarely am in a position to reset caps. Whatever little weight W7 gives that, I don't have it and my W7 is reflected lower because of it. I do platoon with carry_harder_than_me people, so my WR is higher on my 60 day.

Don't view them in relation to one another. Just view them as wanting to improve both. If you WR was 60 pct and your W7 was 400 I'd be concerned. Mostly concerned that you were platooning tier 1-3 with unicums and doing nothing while they killed 15 tanks between them and boosting your WR.

Does this help you understand your W7 in relation to your WR? If not, look at what W7 calculates to see why your score is where it is.

Not really. It's right about in line as of the stats posted 10/9/13.

You have a 928 W7 and your WR is 51 pct for the 60 day. 49% is saying 900 so I can see 928 still being 51%. You're looking at a deviation of a couple hundred W7 points from the WR. There's always going to be some deviation because W7 is an amalgamation of points based on the things you do. Maybe you've managed to do 1-2 of the things that help a win, but not 3-5. The W7 reflects this. Also, lower tier usually = lower W7. Less total damage can be done at low tiers.

For ex. I rarely am in a position to reset caps. Whatever little weight W7 gives that, I don't have it and my W7 is reflected lower because of it. I do platoon with carry_harder_than_me people, so my WR is higher on my 60 day.

Don't view them in relation to one another. Just view them as wanting to improve both. If you WR was 60 pct and your W7 was 400 I'd be concerned. Mostly concerned that you were platooning tier 1-3 with unicums and doing nothing while they killed 15 tanks between them and boosting your WR.

Does this help you understand your W7 in relation to your WR? If not, look at what W7 calculates to see why your score is where it is.

First off awesome post.

Second I agree that the descrepancy is not that massive as you said if my Wn7 was 400 and I had a 60% winrate something would be up. What is the general differences in play from 1200-1500 Wn7 range to the 1700-1900 range?

winrate and WN7 relationship depends on how much you do tank companies and CW, and to a much lesser extent platooning. If you do those 3 activities, your winrate will usually rise quicker than your WN7-rating.

I should note that the figures I posted above are largely in mediums and TDs and predominantly triple platooned, WN7 goes up when I'm solo.

Unless my Ram is in platoon with you.

Target122,

Short answer? I don't know.

I disagree with ViktorKitov on the play4fun/bad computer answer for 1200ish. Unless maybe you plateau there and never get better? I just don't see that happening unless you can't improve. Play4fun people is an excuse for doing poorly. Winning is fun, losing sucks. Period.

Hopefully your stats continue to get better as you play. There comes a time in everyone's tanking, well at least the ones that aren't naturally awesome gamers, where they make a conscious decision to learn2play. That means start reading the forums, start watching twitch.tv and youtube, and start getting more involved in learning about the tanks and mechanics of the game.

For an exercise in excellence, watch Fulcrum Gaming when they go live on twitch. You will see examples of how a unicum earns their stats. You'll see tanks trading hp for each other to keep someone in the fight, you'll see focus fire, and many examples of what makes unicums Unicorns. I think they almost always stream in a platoon, so you get to see that stuff. Don't get me wrong, there are many good streams. I just happened to notice that on their channel yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I also learned a lot about where to shoot tanks. They respond to almost every question unless you are retarded.

The fact that you are starting to worry about your stats is a good indicator. Download http://www.wotstatistics.net/ and run it while you play. You can see a real time tracking of what you are doing.

Finally, watch the forums. CraBeatOff sells a teaching service which I understand is quite good. My budget allows for premium time and some gold or else I would probably avail myself of his service. If you can afford it, it's money well spent I understand. Other unicums will sometimes get bored and offer to do video replay reviews for free, but you have to watch forums to see when they post the service. It's often limited to a couple of days.

I think for right now you should focus less on the numbers in relation to one another and simply how to improve your numbers. It's great that you want to know what's different, but we're both a long way aways from truly understanding the difference. Otherwise we'd be purple too.

So, focus on just getting better. Your numbers will rise in accordance with your increased performance.

My WN7 jumps up leaps and bounds when I don't have your cursed tank with me.

It's only cursed in platoon with you! Solo I do quite well with it, thank you.

Second I agree that the descrepancy is not that massive as you said if my Wn7 was 400 and I had a 60% winrate something would be up. What is the general differences in play from 1200-1500 Wn7 range to the 1700-1900 range?

Maybe this is obvious, but I'll say anyway. The difference is in your contribution during those games (even if you are winning).

Your 24 hour stats show average tier of about 6: 718 damage/game, 0.1 cap/game, 1.33 defense/game, and 2.05 kills/death. That is 1500 WN7.

My 24 hour stats show average tier a bit above 6 (6.2): 1500 damage/game, 8 cap/game, 2.5 defense/game, and 4.6 kills/death. That is about 2500 WN7.

Our win rates during the past 24 hours are pretty close. I think the main difference is the damage per game and the number of kills per death. Killing other guys while staying alive makes wins happen (and it also helps your overall damage per game). Another big difference is that I was playing solo last night.

Go get em!

Robert

Small sample size. 150 games isn't enough to prove much of anything. For a close correlation you will need to be looking more at 1000 battle results.

this. small sample sizes can sometimes skew results a bit. I have had high W/R days with absolute craptastic WN7, and low W/R days where I have been getting 2K+ WN7 for that day. 

there can be some variation but generally W/R-WN7 comparisons look like this: 

<45% - <600WN7

45-47% - 600-800WN7

47-49% - 800-1000WN7

50-52% - 900-1100WN7

53-55% - 1100-1500WN7

55-59% - 1500-170WN7

60%+ - 1700+WN7

this isn't very accurate, and there are a lot of outliers (I have seen a larger amount of yellow players wit 45% W/Rs) plus there are a lot of players with W/Rs outside their skill bracket, due to mainly being carried by higher skilled players. (Jingles is a Perfect example of this, his 55% is more from being carried by Quickybaby ad others than his own skill, ad he admits himself that he is more of a 53% player.)

this. small sample sizes can sometimes skew results a bit. I have had high W/R days with absolute craptastic WN7, and low W/R days where I have been getting 2K+ WN7 for that day. 

there can be some variation but generally W/R-WN7 comparisons look like this: 

<45% - <600WN7

45-47% - 600-800WN7

47-49% - 800-1000WN7

50-52% - 900-1100WN7

53-55% - 1100-1500WN7

55-59% - 1500-170WN7

60%+ - 1700+WN7

this isn't very accurate, and there are a lot of outliers (I have seen a larger amount of yellow players wit 45% W/Rs) plus there are a lot of players with W/Rs outside their skill bracket, due to mainly being carried by higher skilled players. (Jingles is a Perfect example of this, his 55% is more from being carried by Quickybaby ad others than his own skill, ad he admits himself that he is more of a 53% player.)

reason for outliers:

In teams (platoons, TCs, CW) you share a victory, but you compete for the things that increase your WN7, there's only so much spotting to be had, only so much damage etc. for an extreme example, If you did nothing but tank companies with a very good team, your average stats across your team would probably be 90% win and somewhere in the green section for WN7.

On the other hand, if you play with a mediocre TC team or a kind of bad platoon(i.e. RL friends who suk@tanks) but you are decent yourself, you will end up with sub50% winrate and yellow/green WN7