evacmybore

Panther II - Top Gun Comparo and Questions

If I figure out how to make a replay and find out how to share it then maybe I'll post a link here.

One way:

1) Go here  http://www.noobmeter.com/login

2) Log in with your server, (NA, EU, whichever you are)

3) Hit the Upload Replay button in the upper right side of the screen

4) In the "Upload Replay" Screen, hit the "Choose File" button

5) Select a recent one, and click the "Upload Replay" button

6) Wait for it...........

BUT.... You have to have the "save replay" (or whatever it's called) box checked in the "Settings", in-game, and it will save off every game as a Replay.  If not, it isn't saving them.

One way:

1) Go here  http://www.noobmeter.com/login

2) Log in with your server, (NA, EU, whichever you are)

3) Hit the Upload Replay button in the upper right side of the screen

4) In the "Upload Replay" Screen, hit the "Choose File" button

5) Select a recent one, and click the "Upload Replay" button

6) Wait for it...........

BUT.... You have to have the "save replay" (or whatever it's called) box checked in the "Settings", in-game, and it will save off every game as a Replay.  If not, it isn't saving them.

Thank you

Eventhough the site is a bit bugged. Often it gives:

The following errors occured:
  1. Replay upload failed

Defeat!, Panther II, ???map_53_japan???, 1/23/14 8:34 PM: 391 nXP, 808 dmg

Victory!, Panther II, South Coast, 1/23/14 9:09 PM: 678 nXP, 779 dmg

Victory!, Panther II, Redshire, 1/23/14 10:47 PM: 916 nXP, 668 dmg

Defeat!, Panther II, Mines, 1/23/14 10:13 PM: 373 nXP, 1,130 dmg

Victory!, Panther II, Redshire, 1/23/14 10:23 PM: 1,102 nXP, 1,251 dmg

Defeat!, Panther II, Ensk, 1/23/14 10:35 PM: 450 nXP, 697 dmg

Victory!, E-50, Live Oaks, 1/23/14 10:46 PM: 2,098 nXP, 5,463 dmg

I'll check some replays out tonight.

I do have a question, though.  You don't like the Panther II, but it is your most played tank with 1,983 battles in it?

First, this is what you see.  http://i.imgur.com/ZjkBsEN.jpg

Second, this is what I see.  http://i.imgur.com/C2LeB9r.jpg

What in the world are you using???

From the things I see, you do Snipe.  Shooting with the zoom you have may not seem like a big deal to you, because you can see so freaking well.  That said, you don't do it from the second line, but across the sides. (left/right)

You sure have no reservations about rushing up far and fast, and how you live as long as you do.. I'm amazed.  You rush past tanks, and get more shots in the side and rear than the front.  You die with 2-4 tanks behind you, because you are charging to the backfield.

Stay back a little?  Your E50 game was good, try to do that more.

I also play to win (most of the time). But I consider camping/sniping with (medium) tanks bad practise. I prefer to win, but winning by means of camping is just as bad as losing IMHO. Winning by camping means you did not play well, it only means the other team played "worse".

All of us kinda try; many definitely twie...they twie hard. A few...well they try the Hardest of all. 

First, this is what you see.  http://i.imgur.com/ZjkBsEN.jpg

Second, this is what I see.  http://i.imgur.com/C2LeB9r.jpg

What in the world are you using???

From the things I see, you do Snipe.  Shooting with the zoom you have may not seem like a big deal to you, because you can see so freaking well.  That said, you don't do it from the second line, but across the sides. (left/right)

You sure have no reservations about rushing up far and fast, and how you live as long as you do.. I'm amazed.  You rush past tanks, and get more shots in the side and rear than the front.  You die with 2-4 tanks behind you, because you are charging to the backfield.

Stay back a little?  Your E50 game was good, try to do that more.

I have a OMC modpack installed. But it doesn't show on the replay. It includes high res mini map, sound mods, zoom mods, XVM and some other stuff. maybe I should stay back a little further but it is so hard. I have learned to not be dependent on the team, since they will not ever support you.

Not knowing your background, I'll try to make a comparison.

Your Panther II is more like a lightly armored bowman, on horseback.  His skills are shooting longer than the heavy infantry's reach, better vision than the knight with a closed visor.  You can ride, hide, and shoot.  But, don't get too close because you lose your advantages.  Use it like a partizan.

If you find yourself fighting your same type, use your head to find the advantage.  You have good slopes, so keep some hull angle to his gun.  Not as much as I see in the videos, (about 45*), because they are hitting you in the sides more than the front.  You have a good ROF and Pen, plus OK speed.  Shoot and move, back and forth, into cover if you can.  Sitting and trading shots with 2-3 tanks, won't work well.  

If you get shot from behind, in the first 3 min of a game, you are attacking too far, too fast.  Think about what you would do, if you were on foot with a bolt action rifle, and didn't want to die......

I have a OMC modpack installed. But it doesn't show on the replay. It includes high res mini map, sound mods, zoom mods, XVM and some other stuff. maybe I should stay back a little further but it is so hard. I have learned to not be dependent on the team, since they will not ever support you.

We are not supporting you because you insist on committing suicide.

You see that ugly ass yellow in your sig? You note that it is getting worse? Yeah... what you are doing isn't working. Do something different.

We are not supporting you because you insist on committing suicide.

You see that ugly ass yellow in your sig? You note that it is getting worse? Yeah... what you are doing isn't working. Do something different.

I know my stats are getting worse. But there is nothing I can, or anyone else for the matter can do about it. It is as it is. I know that people who stay back and snipe live longer and get better stats. However I would feel kind of dirty playing like that. Leaching on the team depending on them to spot etc.

well, if i look at the last few ppl who played panther II, and what they think of it, its ``not so positive`` (a fkn pice of shit)

i myself also HATED the panther II with all my hearth, but its almost 2 years ago i played it, so a lot has changed

i`v been thinking of buying it back, btu the huge amounts of rage and hate it gets (on EU) have prevented me from buying it

however here P2 gets quite some positive remarks, so dunno....

I know my stats are getting worse. But there is nothing I can, or anyone else for the matter can do about it.

Well that isn't bullshit or anything.

I know my stats are getting worse. But there is nothing I can, or anyone else for the matter can do about it. It is as it is. I know that people who stay back and snipe live longer and get better stats. However I would feel kind of dirty playing like that. Leaching on the team depending on them to spot etc.

LOL. Ok then.

Its not the kind of poaster that lasts long around here that is for sure.

Uh, sorry, I'm going to disagree with that. See that green in my sig? That is me before I started to learn from people about not rushing up. See that purple? That's after. I learned to temper my aggressiveness. I no longer die during the first 5 minutes constantly, as I worked vision and camo while moving up on my mediums.

There's a huge difference between rushing in on the lemming train or yoloing and moving up sensibly and tactically using cover and terrain to get into good firing positions.  THAT is how most of your good aggressive Unicums play.  They don't just see an open spot in the field, yell "Tally Ho!", and rush blindly into harms way like the charge of the Light Brigade. 

Some play it a little differently than others.  Guys like Garbad will move in and support team mates for the most part and open up offensive opportunities for everyone, while guys like Kewie use team mates for meatshields.

Running in like a retard just gets you killed most of the time and your stats suffer.  Staying alive and doing damage is what raises stats.

Using Gold ammo is a personal choice, but if you're bouncing shot after shot unable to flank a tank with good armor or hull down, why not use it on a limited basis??? Not using it, especially if you're in a tier 5 up against tier 6 or tier 7 tanks and bouncing every shot, is just stupid if it is available.

There's a huge difference between rushing in on the lemming train or yoloing and moving up sensibly and tactically using cover and terrain to get into good firing positions.  THAT is how most of your good aggressive Unicums play.  They don't just see an open spot in the field, yell "Tally Ho!", and rush blindly into harms way like the charge of the Light Brigade. 

Some play it a little differently than others.  Guys like Garbad will move in and support team mates for the most part and open up offensive opportunities for everyone, while guys like Kewie use team mates for meatshields.

Running in like a retard just gets you killed most of the time and your stats suffer.  Staying alive and doing damage is what raises stats.

Using Gold ammo is a personal choice, but if you're bouncing shot after shot unable to flank a tank with good armor or hull down, why not use it on a limited basis??? Not using it, especially if you're in a tier 5 up against tier 6 or tier 7 tanks and bouncing every shot, is just stupid if it is available.

I do agree with you 100%.

Also about >90% of my battles are solo play. Well it seems I am a bit a of a inverse Kewie, I have no problems in taking a few hits for the team. I sometimes help team members even though I know it is pointless and suicidal. But I do not like to see people die alone. I can be stupid that way sometimes.

Maybe I should play slow tank. In tanks like the SU-85B and Hellcat I die in seconds. Often killed in 1 shot by a KV-1S. Slow tanks tend to live longer.

signature.png

If you die that fast, you're not "taking a few hits for the team." You're suiciding uselessly. Or as one of my regular platoonmates would say: "Da fuck is this guy doing? Why is he so useless?"

Maybe I should play slow tank. In tanks like the SU-85B and Hellcat I die in seconds. Often killed in 1 shot by a KV-1S. Slow tanks tend to live longer.

Your 25% survival rate and this statement says it all.  Using speed to quickly move up into advantageous positions is good.  Using speed to run headlong into enemy tanks is bad.  After reading your posts the biggest problem with your success is your attitude towards using the game mechanics to your favor.  If you really want to do better, get off of this quasi-nobility e-honour bullshit horse you're on and take some of the advice given to you.  Spotting for your team is good, and really TD's can do this very well given the camo bonuses they receive, but you have to use bushes and cover.  Dieing as early as you claim means you're either driving out into the middle of open spaces without cover or you're literally driving until you run into the enemy with no escape route.  Do yourself a favor and study some of the map guides people have put out and try the spots they suggest.  At least, for the love of God, at least stop behind bushes and let your team shoot first at the things you light up!

Part of your problem, I think, is that you are using very questionable ideas about tank categories to justify very bad play. You think camping is bad, and you "feel dirty" if you win in any way that doesn't involve what might be called an Admiral Nelson strategy ("never mind tactics, go straight at them"... one for you Aubrey fans out there). You think "Medium" means something categorical and absolute, as if every tank labeled "medium" is equal and interchangeable, and that only "TD"s should "camp" and snipe.

This is a game of pixel tanks. Each one has strengths and weaknesses. Not to know and use them isn't noble, it's crippling. There are no points given for ideological purity. Some tanks have great accuracy and weak armor. Stay back in them, whatever they are labeled. Try not to be seen and deal damage. Some tanks, even TDs have poor gun handling, bad dispersion, long aim time, low ROF, poor accuracy (yes, I'm looking at you, Foch), but good mobility, trollish armor, and do better when handled aggressively, particularly late in the game. Shoot, even my baddie self has learned that aggression will work better at the end of the battle rather than at the beginning.

I think you need to let go of your rigid categories and erroneous assumptions and let yourself learn the strengths of the tanks you play, and then learn to play to them. Otherwise, you need to find that one tank that won't get you killed too soon when playing your one and only strategy and then just play nothing else. Otherwise your sense of what is a good or bad tank will always be hopelessly skewed.

Well PERSONLLY, please please please do not consider this a attack on you, I hate absolutely hate it when people snipe in medium tanks. I know it is not rational. If you want to snipe get a TD, not a medium.

In most battles I die in the first 3 minutes.

Panther II Germany MT 8 1983 49.52%

T-44 U.S.S.R. MT 8 211 53.08%

Centurion Mk. I UK MT 8 215 54.42%

AMX 13 90 France LT 8 386 53.89%

M26 Pershing USA MT 8 368 45.92%

Not sure but I doubt my average damage in the Panther II is over 800.

I sold the T-44, it is too much of an easy mode tank.

You need to adapt to the tank, not attempt to make the tank adapt to you.  The Panther is a long-ranged sniper.  This is the most effective role for the tank so, if you are going to use the Panther, use it properly.  The Panther is 1 of my least favorite medium tanks because I have to play it like the German toaster tank & that isn't my favorite method of play.

Wow, I'm not a great player or anywhere close to a great player but, I always try to improve. 

You do realize this is a team game.  If you sit back & snipe when I scout, you are doing me a favor as a scout because I get spotting damage.  If you sit back & snipe when I advance in a heavy tank, you do me a favor because you weaken the enemy & you are protecting my flanks & rear by shooting the enemy attempting to get around me.  Also, another huge advantage you provide me when you sit back & snipe is you are able to reset the cap and/or mop up enemy tanks that leak thru & are a threat to the arty (who is helping keep me alive as I advance). 

I want you to properly utilize the equipment you choose to play because it increases my chance to win.  I would much rather have a Panther on my team get 2500 damage & never get spotted than 1 who rushes out and dies in 3 minutes.  Somebody on the team needs to do that 2500 damage, if the sniping Panther doesn't do it the brawling heavy has to work that much harder to get the win.

When I look at me "top" tanks, meaning the tanks with the highest averge experience I should play the AMX 50 100 and the type 59. Respetively 709 and 702 average XP.  The Panther II has 588, the E-50M 583, T54 581. The top 6:

AMX 50 100

Type 59

T-43

IS-3

Centurion 1

KV-1S

What does that say about me? Average battles is between 3:20 and 4:30.