evacmybore

Panther II - Top Gun Comparo and Questions

Well, I only played one pub match in it thanks to Frontline.  The nice thing about FL was that the shorter 88 was actually viable against most tanks so I had a little DPM.  I switched back and forth a few times but finally settled on the dpm over the pen/accuarcy.  Ironically, I actually really liked the long needle 88 on the E50 with its insane 4 second reload, I aced it in my 3rd game with that gun.  DPM is everything for meds.

WG's recent nervous efforts to keep people playing has done the impossible: made the suffering of completing the Panther II grind bearable.

1. Tank reward German fragments to drop the needed grind by about 30k XP.
  2. On track event to double crew training.
  3. Premium account for +50% XP.
  4. New WoT Premium feature grants an additional X3 XP bonus on your second game.
  5. New WoT Premium feature of 5 selectable X3 bonuses daily.
  6. A stack of X5 XP bonuses on wins thanks to Twitch Prime (or the 5 per month you get from WoT Premium).
  7. Boosters that grant +200% to XP, +100% to crew XP, and a +50% credit booster because why not.
  8. Weekend bonus granting X2 crew XP for every game after the first win.

The final push took 12 crappy games with all of 5 mediocre wins yielding about 10k XP per win plus a lot of crew training. Final suffering talley of 53 games with a 51% win rate plus a few frontline games.

WTF is wrong with the engine of this tank? Every hit seems to disable it, plus it retains the german frontal transmission problem. I thought they removed that?

Someone played Panther II  lately?  Could use a tip or 2 in current meta.
This thing is frustrating. Yes, its chai-potential is obvious. But absolutely nothing else. I feel like a td turd not contributing in any meaningful way. Carry in this thing? You gotta be kidding me. The slightest aggression, large HP pool or not- you get wrecked. I dont have a skilled crew but- engine fire, ammmorack, armor that doesnt hold up even against tier 7's etc etc. Sigh, what a grind

4 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Someone played Panther II  lately?  Could use a tip or 2 in current meta.
This thing is frustrating. Yes, its chai-potential is obvious. But absolutely nothing else. I feel like a td turd not contributing in any meaningful way. Carry in this thing? You gotta be kidding me. The slightest aggression, large HP pool or not- you get wrecked. I dont have a skilled crew but- engine fire, ammmorack, armor that doesnt hold up even against tier 7's etc etc. Sigh, what a grind

I'll rebuy it tomorrow and see what it's about. I havnt played it since 2013 so we're in for a treat! It was crap back then so it should be abysmal now :D 

2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I'll rebuy it tomorrow and see what it's about. I havnt played it since 2013 so we're in for a treat! It was crap back then so it should be abysmal now :D 

Pros 
280 alpha

Cons
Too many to list

3 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Tnx Schnitzel, much apprechiated.
 Regarding the Alpha- ye- it has a slight punch increase and ditto slight DPM. Apart from that its pretty much the same
tank as in WoT around 0.8.0 and earlier(about as far back as my memory can handle present WoT)
 My acc this time is very close to FTP, this is out of principal. I am still pissed at general WG business philosophy and take no pleasure in supporting it financially.
 I have 'cheated' some investing in certain xp modules here and there and premium acc days to make things tolerable. I also put no restraints on full gold spam/pure silver-shooting etc. As long as economy can handle it I use food on certain tanks although I consequently only use small rep-kit and small med-kit on all tanks so far. (The food part might have to stop after all the christmas boosters end) Apart from that things are pretty much vanilla and I must say to grind this line in that fashion has been a torture. I look with fear on E50's xp demands :sad:

I loved the Panther II, The gun and DPM is just insanely good now and with comfy pen and gun handling its a dream to farm damage with. The platform is definitely not great but who cares if you have a good gun. Definitely much better than the pershing and other 240dmg meds left.

Wow this thing is literally a stock tiger2 with a slight mobility buff and half the armor. NICE!

Your positioning needs to be impeccable to have reliable games. Im only 6 games in so far, but half have been sub 1k damage, the other half have been 4-5k. Its lives and dies by MM. Good map and team? You can farm your way to fame and fortune. Bad map and MM? You're so fucking screwed because this thing cant save itself.

I can tell I'm going to hate every single moment of this 3 mark. I used to really enjoy and do well in the P88 years ago, and this is basically a slower upgunned version, so hopefully It all comes back to me eventually.

16 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Wow this thing is literally a stock tiger2 with a slight mobility buff and half the armor. NICE!

Your positioning needs to be impeccable to have reliable games. Im only 6 games in so far, but half have been sub 1k damage, the other half have been 4-5k. Its lives and dies by MM. Good map and team? You can farm your way to fame and fortune. Bad map and MM? You're so fucking screwed because this thing cant save itself.

I can tell I'm going to hate every single moment of this 3 mark. I used to really enjoy and do well in the P88 years ago, and this is basically a slower upgunned version, so hopefully It all comes back to me eventually.

I remember playing the P8.8 on the test server (back when they used to, you know, test tanks), and the strongest tank you would ever see was the IS-6. That was when 240 alpha meds were still relevant and you had to pay for anything more than 320 alpha with shit pen, gun handling, DPM, etc. 

Btw how do I disable wotlabs stats? :feelsbad::brokenheart::notlikethis::oscar::cri::rabble:

6 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Btw how do I disable wotlabs stats? :feelsbad::brokenheart::notlikethis::oscar::cri::rabble:

gtfo pubtrash :gachi:

Alright I remember how to play this pos. Unlike the Panther and P88, this things side armor cant be overmatched by 122+ guns, but nobody remembers that and you can sidescrape to victory. Went city on Ensk and blocked 3k damage sidescraping and peekabooing and murdered half the idiot heavies. Even managed to fuck over a 705A who kept shitting on my tracks.

When you arent in a city map sidescraping for your fucking life you're playing the same as any support tank. hang back where you can easily dodge return fire. Then probably fucking die anyway because youre slow as fuck, unarmored, and larger than most heavies.

This is easily the worst tier8 I've ever played in my 60k battles. I have never felt so incapable of causing an impact. This is the only tier8 where you fight for your life as a top tier vs tier6s

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

This is easily the worst tier8 I've ever played in my 60k battles. I have never felt so incapable of causing an impact. This is the only tier8 where you fight for your life as a top tier vs tier6s

since you seem to be on a shit tank marking spree, I recommend you try out the Indien Panzer now. incidentally, they also buffed the alpha on that thing...

to 250.

I would but I uninstalled. RNG has far too large of an impact on the game, balance is destroyed, half the teams are autolaoders, the maps are straight up dumpster fires, and the game pisses me off which makes me focus on IRL things that piss me off.

This game is a mental nightmare and will never be seen on my computer again.

5 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Allright, tnx for intel. Basically the same impression I got, although my skills havent made me peak 3.5k dmg in it so far. My positioning probably to inconsistent etc. The most frustrating thing is you cant carry in it whatsoever- usually in a med you stand a chance.
Its too slow and armor cant stand up to anything

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I would but I uninstalled. RNG has far too large of an impact on the game, balance is destroyed, half the teams are autolaoders, the maps are straight up dumpster fires, and the game pisses me off which makes me focus on IRL things that piss me off.

This game is a mental nightmare and will never be seen on my computer again.

Hope it wasnt this tank that took you over the edge :/