Hey y'all usually i tend to shoot tank with more health then to finish off tanks i would like to know what would be better to get a better wn7 and to do better in game  :tank:

Do what helps your team.

There's no rule, you need to read the game.

Shooting a full HP enemy can be a stupid choice if a 2HP tank is dealing damage to allies.

Not shooting the full HP tank because there's a 2HP tank about to pop out every moment that you might kill can be equally stupid.

Besides, if you focus on damage and helping the team early on, the kills come later automatically anyway during the clean up once the battle has turned in your team's favour.

Your WN7 will be better in the long run if you play better, live longer, and make the correct decisions, even if a current decision is not going to be optimal for it. Don't even worry about it.

Usually you will want to shoot the tank you can kill.  The biggest exception would be a huge alpha gun, when the guy with very low HP is exposed and already has people shooting at him.  With something like an FV183, situations where the best action is questionable are bound to be more frequent, and shooting the high health target is more likely to be correct.

Likewise, you may want to hold your shot for a second or two if you know you'll be able to kill something else, however, in situations like that you're oftentime better just taking the available target unless the situation demands otherwise.

But when in doubt, shoot to kill.

I was in a match recently, which we won, in a platoon.  I was in a T62-A, and my platoonmates were in a 268 behind me, on the 2 line on Abbey, and our third was an E-100 on the 1 line.  There was an M103 on 400 HP in the middle area behind the rocks (to my left, and the E-100's right), and ahead and around the corner, to my right, there was an AMX 50 100 and another big TD.  Our E-100 incorrectly prioritized the 50 100 and TD over the almost dead M103 - which was keeping me from being able to move up and harass the other tanks without taking damage.  I could have finished off the M103, but he was 2 shottable for me. Our TD didn't have a shot on him.

I had been working the M103 in a very risky fashion and took 2 shots from him, while the E-100 was focused on the other tanks instead of the M103 he could have erased, because the other tanks were more threatening.

The problem with that reasoning was that the M103 gave them more DPM, a crossfire on me if I pushed up, and was holding me back from being able to help out with the other tanks.

This issue was academic, because we were effective in spite of this error, but mistakes and misjudgements like this are the sorts of things that cause flanks to collapse unexpectedly (That M103 can hurt!), and games to be lost.

Tanks in different locations are not just HP to kill, but also provide map control, support fire, vision, and more.  With no M103, I would have disappeared to the scary tanks around the corner. With no M103, our team would have won the flank faster, taking less damage, and would have been able to flex earlier if needed.

Removing a gun from the enemy team should always be very high on your priority list.

Kills > DMG in WN7. Assuming the kill shot will not lose you the game, it is always better to go for it if you want to reap the WN7 rewards.

I do think WN8 puts lower emphasis on kills, though.

Depends really.

Depends on what you're driving, what tanks are you up against and which targets you have line of sight to.

Personaly i prioritize doing damage first and to the most dangerous tank i can damage. I do this because pubs are afraid to shot at full health tanks but they like getting kills so they're quick to go after low health/almost dead targets. Plus they're bad at trading HP so i'd rather have them handle the low health targets instead where they hopefully will take less in return. Pubs also play much more cautiously or outright hide when they lose a chunk of HP, which also works to keep their guns supressed.

Of course, if i feel a low health target became a threat i'll shot that instead. Specially true if said low health target has a big gun/autoloader or big armor, like TDs and some heavy tanks as those are two things pubs don't know how to deal with properly.

This doesn't matter so much in lower alpha tanks with quick reloads, but it does for guns like the BL-10.

If there's someone next to me and infront of me are two enemy tanks with one having really low HP I usually go for the one with more HP unless I am alone, also depends on the tank itself.

Usually, securing the kill is more important for winning. no matter what level of HP an enemy tank is at, as long as it can fire it's gun, it does as much damage as a full HP tank. But there is also value in bringing a high HP tank to a 1-shot, it will make it play more cautiously, pubbies gladly peak-a-boom when they have full health, but watch them back into a corner when they are low enough to be 1-shot.

There are many things that will affect the choice though, autoloader vs normal gun? Kill/damage the autoloader, unless you can guarantee a kill on him before he is loaded again. high alpha vs low alpha & high ROF? Kill whatever could kill your team the fastest, if you have lots of teammates alive with low HP, a fast gun is the most threatening, if you have few teammates alive with high HP, a high alpha gun is more threatening.

If you want to do no mental processing, ever, and just want a rule to always follow, go for the kill first and damage second. This will be the better choice more often.

I can't think of a match where finishing off a low health enemy tank came back to haunt me, but I can think of several games where not doing it did. I pretty much always prioritize removing enemy guns over doing damage.

I noticed several times recently, that, when the situation permits, I will try to hit as many tanks as possible, especially during the opening phase of a game.

I know, this goes completely against one of the central dogma's of the game, which is focus fire in order to take out guns.

But it has, as someone mentioned, an important psychological impact.

I will do this especially in a hellcat or a E25, often terrorising an entire flank into halting their advance before I get spotted. And if no high skill enemy stands out (all red-yellows).

Also, when I know other teammates are shooting the same target and it is getting low hp, I will often already start targetting the next tank. I sacrifice the potential kill for doing more dmg on another high hp target. It gives more points, and you can almost always count on kill stealers to step in anyway.

On a low ammo tank, one of the biggest frustrations is seeing your precious ammo land on a tank which just got killed by someone else. It's a triple loss: the ammo, the kill and the dmg you could have had on a tank which was not being shot at by 4 other players using gold ammo just to be sure they get the kill.

Tito

I can't think of a match where finishing off a low health enemy tank came back to haunt me, but I can think of several games where not doing it did. I pretty much always prioritize removing enemy guns over doing damage.  

In a game last night, about a third of the way into the battle, I brought an enemy Hellcat down to 27 HP before I was killed by someone else.  The kitty survived the entire game and took out three of our tanks.  We lost. 

I have survived numerous games with less than 1 shot worth of hp left and leaving a decent player alive, when you can effectively kill them is never a good idea, the problem is a smart player who takes damage like that won't let themselves be killed so easily.

To give you an example.

You find yourself in a situation where you are outnumbered, you have enough time to shoot one of two targets before you die. You can kill a low HP enemy, or bring a high HP enemy down to a 1-shot for your remaining teammate.

In most situations, removing the gun is preferential. But consider something like a 2-shot T57 and a 1-shot IS-4

If you kill the IS-4, the T57 will be able to tank 1 shot from your teammate and unload his 1600 damage into him before he can fire again.

If you bring the T-57 down to a 1-shot, he will realistically only be able to get 1 shot off against your teammate, while the IS-4 will be able to shoot twice, that's 400+2*440 damage.

Shoot the IS-4, your teammate has to tank 1600 damage to win

Shoot the T57, your teammate has to tank 1280 damage to win

Obviously this is a highly specific set of circumstances, and even then it's a narrow gap with only a 320 HP Window, but I would argue autoloaders do break the rule of "go for the kill" slightly. An autoloader who has the HP to tank one shot while unloading is very hard to deal with solo.

It also depends on how many other tanks are with you and how dominant your current position is.  If you strongly outnumber the enemy and most of your tanks are free to be in the open and fire, then consider switching target because four other shells are about to hit that 2hp tank as well because everyone wants the kill.

If the battle is more even, and your team isn't all free to fire then take the kill and start making it less even.

I had a game last night. We were in a triple T57 platoon (Yes, really).  Other team had a very good platoon, one of whom was in an E-100, on Steppes.

We were ahead on the east flank where we were, but the west fared poorly and the E-100 and some other tanks got near cap.  I was in a position to support either side, but more of their tanks were coming via the east.

The E-100 was on ~150 HP and so I decided to support the east rather than finish off the E-100, as we had four tanks there (Ok, they were 8s and 9s...).

I let my pubbies take on the E-100, so that I could assist in the east. We had some chatter about what to do in the platoon and it was initially decided for me to help out with the E-100, but around that time he was dropped to being near dead.

The damn E-100 finished off all of our tanks on that side, and we lost because of this indecisiveness. I got caught in between the E-100 and the tanks in front of me and was destroyed.

KILLKILLKILL