Okeano

Which reticle mod do you run?

I prefer Melty's as well, though I use a differnent retice; since I'm colorblind and the "red" tanks are actually blue or purple of whatever, the blue crosshairs create too much visual distraction for my mind to filter before firing.  Thankfully he has two other reticle options in his mod.  I run the one that looks somewhat similar to J1mb0's.

I have not seen the other options, it's always been just one basic install/folder with all the files already in them, unlike J1mbo's which actually shows optional files. Where did you see these other options for Melty's?

Download the newest version from my thread. It's got all the info in it. Takes a while to get used to and it's not for people that like a minimalist design/UI.

• Customisable Zoom: Set your own zoom values, prevent scroll-wheel first-to-third person pain, etc

How do you set that up?  I saw in the readme that was the "noscroll.xml" file but that file wasn't in the download.  I tried creating an empty file with that name but it apparently needs more than that to work.  Other than that not working I am liking it so far, will take some getting used to but the damage indicator it comes with is amazing and I really like the chance to be spotted as well.

I use vanilla, but most of you dont care.. lol

I tried many reticles, it's kind of a burden. 

I would like a vanilla with reload timer though, anyone have a link?

I prefer Melty's as well, though I use a differnent retice; since I'm colorblind and the "red" tanks are actually blue or purple of whatever, the blue crosshairs create too much visual distraction for my mind to filter before firing.  Thankfully he has two other reticle options in his mod.  I run the one that looks somewhat similar to J1mb0's.

How'd you change the color of the reticle? I'm colorblind as well and I am not good with computer

How do you set that up?  I saw in the readme that was the "noscroll.xml" file but that file wasn't in the download.  I tried creating an empty file with that name but it apparently needs more than that to work.  Other than that not working I am liking it so far, will take some getting used to but the damage indicator it comes with is amazing and I really like the chance to be spotted as well.

If you get the latest version there should be a zoom4x.xml file I think.

You can use that to configure the zoom levels.

I use vanilla, but most of you dont care.. lol

I tried many reticles, it's kind of a burden. 

I would like a vanilla with reload timer though, anyone have a link?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/184755-vanilla-reloading-crosshairs-for-85/

If you get the latest version there should be a zoom4x.xml file I think.

You can use that to configure the zoom levels.

Right, the zoom levels are fine I'm just trying to figure out how to get it so it prevents scrolling out of sniper view accidentally. 

Right, the zoom levels are fine I'm just trying to figure out how to get it so it prevents scrolling out of sniper view accidentally. 

noscroll.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<noscroll.xml>
    <noscroll>true</noscroll> <!-- "true" = sniper mode activated with SHIFT key, "false" = sniper mode activated with mouse wheel scroll -->
    <defzoom>false</defzoom> <!-- "true" = zoom stage starts from x2, "false" = remember last zoom stage used -->
</noscroll.xml>

Holy carp, Melty's is great. I love it.

Used to use the J1mbo one but as soon as I get home I'm going to stick it on my PC there too. Consider me converted.

I use an older version of J1mB0's I believe. Looks like this:

ReHlJbY.jpg

This is the one i use as well, comes with the AIOMOD from rkphantom.

noscroll.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<noscroll.xml>
    <noscroll>true</noscroll> <!-- "true" = sniper mode activated with SHIFT key, "false" = sniper mode activated with mouse wheel scroll -->
    <defzoom>false</defzoom> <!-- "true" = zoom stage starts from x2, "false" = remember last zoom stage used -->
</noscroll.xml>

Thanks! Working perfectly now.

Using Jimbo's because I am a creature of habit.

I got meltymap's math mod after reading sela's thread, and i actually like it, I prefer the blue colour as well.

I can't figure out how to disable the normal reticule so I only have the server reticule though, and it really annoys me to have two reticules, just running normal reticule isn't really an option as my internet is very unpredictable at times, especially arty view looks horrible as there are 2 dispersion rings that seem to be only marginally related to one another.

If anybody knows how to disable the regular reticule and keep only the server-side reticule, please let me know, (the other way around is no good)

I use HardScope with modified shadow reticule to be semitransparent and those long lines from sights in sniper mode help in lining the blind shots with damage indicator.

I use J1mbos as it was the one I was introduced to.

Had no problems with it so prob won't change just yet

I use jimbos mod because it has a reticle that has penetration indicator that is really easy to see. Plus seeing the reload time is kinda essential imho:

http://i44.tinypic.com/676sde.png

(the green cross)

I used to run that mod that shows the tank specs of the tanks you are aiming but imho the info it showed was not useful and almost distracting. I think it was called sword of damocles I think.

Does anybody know the name of this reticle? Looks like a nice alternative to the vanilla ch with reload timer!

Some russian one:

shot005af.jpg