Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Gruber

Encounter mode ...

I enabled encounter mode after months. Its not bad, some maps are imbalanced but overall dynamic gameplay allows for damage farming in amx 50120.

Problem is something else. If i recall correctly, it was 50% random, 25% encounter, 25% assault. So why do i play encounter like 70% of time in my 30 games sample? Is it small sample bias or does lack of players means higher probability of getting encounter. Also noticed MM is nicer for tier 9s with encounter enabled by being top tier more. Anyone with similar experience?

I have encounter enabled, and I guess I see it about 30-40% of the time.

Certainly more than 25%, but I think less than standard.

Even today i am getting 2 encounters to 1 standard battle. It will normalize. More interesting is in all encounters only once i wasnt top tier.

Well look at it this way, encounter is a good thing.  You get more time to farm damage and kills while your (or their) pubbies try to do the 3 min long cap fast.

Unless you end up on one of the f***ed up newer encounter maps like Prokorovkha where the timer goes down as fast as on standard battles. Bad encounter layouts like Mountain Pass, Lakeville and Prokorovkha made me turn off a mode I once liked.